Page 125 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2929

Thread: The Merge 3E (Recruitment closed)

OPA Belta

Re: The Merge 3E (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    For clarity - you are keeping Death Toll but rewroking him, right ?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    You do realize, regardless of MCU or not, we have contacts with one Phil Coulson. Who is a Cap fanboy...

Well you know ... honestly that totally slipped my mind, but what a pleasant coincidence

Okay here's a second pass at Cap. I added Safe Fall with the 2 points in the Shield. Changed the Impervious to Immunity 5 x2 blades and bullets and tweaked the shield strike to simulate it works good versus weaker objects

Thanks to Jemal for your input before and following

CAPTAIN AMERICA

STEVE ROGERS

PL: 10 (180 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10 PP: 4 pts unused

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4*

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception (+4), Expertise [Military] 8 (+10), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation 1 (+5), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+11), Ranged Combat [Shield] 8 (+12), Stealth 6 (+11), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 3 ("Captain America", Security Clearance) Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Shield), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (5), Languages (4*) (French, German, Japanese, Russian, Base: English), Leadership, Luck 2, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Takedown (2), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Persuasion), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
    Super Soldier Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Poisons, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 11 pts
    Combat Training: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Uncanny Dodge), Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Auditory), Strength Based Damage 3; 5 pts
    Star Spangled Shield: 25 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts); 15 pts
    Shielding: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense), Immmunity 10: Blades and Bullets (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement), Movement: Safe Fall (Flaw: Sustained); 22 pts
    Shield Toss I: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8, Ricochet 4, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
    Shield Toss II: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Multi-attack 8, Ricochet 4, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
    Shield Strike: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8), Weaken 5: Toughness (Extra: Affects Objects, Incurable, Linked); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
    (15 pts)
    Chain Mail Costume: Protection 3; 3 pts
    Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
    Vehicle: (11 pts)
    Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 2 - Navigation System; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
    Initiative +9
    Close Attack +12 [Shield & Unarmed: Critical 18-20]
    Ranged Attack +4
    Thrown Shield +12 [Shield: Critical 18-20]

DEFENSES:
    Dodge +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22]
    Toughness +8 (Immunity 10 with Shield), Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
    Enemy: The Red Skull and Hydra
    Man out of Time: Steve is only recently lifted from the year 1945. He is seventy years out of the time he use to know.
    Patriotism: Next to Uncle Sam, he's the closest thing to a living embodiment of American Patriotism in the world.
    Power Loss: If Cap misses his target badly, or an opponent catches his shield, etc. he will have to retrieve it, losing it’s powers and advantages.
    Relationships: Steve has a close relationship with Natasha Romanov a former agent of the Soviet Union.
    Responsibility: He feels a strong sense of responsibility for his country and the superhero community at large.

Abilities 78 + Skills 21 (63 ranks) + Advantages 35 + Powers 31 + Defenses 16 = 181 / 185

Build Comments: I stole bits and pieces from Jab's, Thor's, and Batgirl's Ready to Play builds and added my own take given Neo's campaign guidelines. I think it is a pretty good simulation considering the settings PL and environment. I think Cap worked best as PL10 here as he isn't the heavy hitter of a group but is designed to a force multiplier and combat melee / skill monkey.

I am bringing Cap in straight from the end of WWII. Natasha is working with SHIELD and they are dating and she is helping him adjust to modern culture. More comic less movie version of both. This is a man who just slipped out of time from five years at war and watching the A-bomb dropped on Nagasaki. He is not a naive golden aged hero. Not uber experiences aka long term Avenger or Commander Rogers but on his way.

His "Benefit" should reflect a positive response to his iconic reputation in appropriate social situations most similar to the Attractive Advantage at 2 points of effectiveness. Steve is socially oriented and aware the effect heroes are having on a world not "raised" with a slow growth of superhumans. Cap was one of the first through the Merge and has been working closely with SHIELD and Homeland Security since his arrival.

In his timeline he worked with the Invaders, knows Thor, Logan, Uncle Sam, yes that Uncle Sam and Commander Steel. Whether any of them are in this time line is another thing altogether. Any two elements Neo wants to incorporate into our stories works for me. Being an Icon comes with its built in benefits and complications. I say "Bring em on."
    Last edited by Star Guard; 01-21-2016 at 08:38 PM.

It`s always a good idea to keep your character posted in the same spot and edit (unless the board does not like you and bumps you out).
    GMs like simple things...

Having said that, I have a few comments, not necessarily mechanical, for your consideration:

Comments are in relation to post #1244. It`s not as long winded as it seems.

• Benefit - Security Clearance. You don`t need much background for this character, he`s freaking Captain America. But I`d personally like to know who this clearance is with, and who he answers to. SHIELD is not established here, so is the USA (CIA, FBI, NSA...), the UN, or someone else? Also, how did he get it? In his world, no question. In this one, I can think of several reaasons why it might not have been granted (a couple of What Ifs, John Walker in the uniform, LMDs....) Just looking for some fluff here.
    • Hm... almost makes me want to see Uncle Sam show up (the DC version...)
    • What two elements does this character bring (assuming Neo still wants new characters to name elements).
    • Mechanically, I am not sure that your Quirk on combat training makes sense - you have a 1 pt quirk to say it doesn`t work with the shield, but you have a shield attack that does the same thing. I wouldn`t see them stacking to begin with, and "stacks" is usually a 0 pt modifer, a quirk to say they don`t stack doesn`t really make sense to me (unless I completely missed the point).
    • You`ve marked a few things with an asterisk but not explained why that I can see, I imagine it`s the Presence and free Presence-based feats? If that`s the case, my quick math seems to suggest you didn`t account for them being free... (Please double check.)
    • By my same calculation, which was quick and my first coffee of the day is not finished, I get the impression that your Benefit was two ranks. If so, what do you envison the benefit "Captain America" giving you? (Incidentally, I think that`s a great idea. There are a number of characters that would gain benefits based on who they are as oposed to in the comic world - mostly the major pillar characters, but still. Likewise, it makes for a great complication when the fanboys get into trouble because they`re arguing while you`re trying to save them - "Cap wouldn`t do that !" or "Shit! It`s Batman!" It entails a signature move or stance that leaves no doubt... this is the real deal.)
    • Not anything more than a comment, because it`s largely descriptor, but your bullet immunity reminds me of that scene in Winter Soldier where he is using the shield against a hail of bullets - i was thinking a few times - shoot his legs you idiots !
    • Speaking of shield - an idea for a power stunt (or for when you get points)... Deflect/ Redirect - in Avengers and in WS, Cap uses the shield to redirect Iron Man's repulsor (arguably Teamwork at play) and the goons bullets respectively.
    • For the Shield Toss, personally I`d try to rework that into a burst area shapeable or selective attack. That`s a personal preference though as I don`t particularily like the mechanics of multi-attack.
    • Did you ever indicate what Breaking was as an extra? I may have missed it.

Also, a question for Neo, considering this is a character swap for an existing player, does he get the PP alottment that we`ve earned so far? See also my question about the two element thingy.
    Last edited by Bladewind; 09-04-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

OPA Belta

What was the element question again?

In regards to swapping out chars...yes, he gets the same amount of pp that everyone else has. Makes things easier.

At the beginning, we wre bringing in two things from other universes as our contribution to the game universe. (I choose Damien and an empty version of Watne Manor for instance...) It`s why the Death Star is out there...
    Blade's Builds

OPA Belta

And we get random star wars stuff as well.

Say thank you kirinke.

Do we get PP?

Jemal: Quasar 2.0 / Cloud Strife
    kirinke: Agrippina Edwige Heterodyne
    Evolucion: Scorpion
    Star Guard: Supergirl / Captain America
    Cappiman: Death Toll / Death Toll v2.0
    Bladewind: Nightwing

That was the last list of characters that Neo posted to the front page.
    I plan to updated the list in the foreseeable future (ie before the end of the week-end) and then link that post in my signature.

Therefore, it's important that you update the same post when modifying your character.
    Please help me out and tell me if the links are broken !
    Blade's Builds

OPA Belta

I've been thinking about retooling Aggie into our medic/healer. We desperately need one and I think I can manage it while still keeping her girl-genius flavor. Whatcha think?