Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My unofficial additions to Vigilance Press' Beacon City campaing world

Re: My unofficial additions to Vigilance Press' Beacon City campaing world

The Oppressed - The Oppressed are an extremely violent terrorist organization supposedly fighting for "metahuman civil rights". They're know for their high body count, extensive collateral damage, an refusal to negotiate with government officials. Led by the the mutant telepath, Scorn, the group has increasingly turned its wrath on nongovernmental targets.
    Last edited by sumnerd; 11-13-2015 at 07:59 AM.

DOJ Office of Metahuman Affairs (OMA) and the "Meta Czar"

The US Department of Justice Office of Metahuman Affairs (OMA) is tasked with advising the Attorney General policy issues concerning Metahumans and Metahuman or "Super Crimes" as well as coordinating with other federal law enforcement agencies, intelligence agencies, the military, and foreign governments.

To help coordinate the various government agencies and policies governing metahuman activity, within the U.S., the President has recently created a White House Office of National Metahum Policy and Coordination and appointed a "Meta Czar". The Meta Czar's official title is the National Metahuman Policy Director, the Meta Czar, name was foisted on him by the media, and it stuck.

One of the Meta Czar's first priorities is to look at way to better coordinate the response of federal agencies in response to metahuman crime, as well as to make information from federal agencies, such as META, more accessible to local law enforcement. He's been encountering a bit of resistance from the OMA, as until his appointment, they were the government's go to agency when it came to metahuman crimes. There's also been a bit of difficulty with Congress, as several members of the Senate Select Committee on Metahumans has been pushing for META to be absorbed by the Dept. of Homaland Security. Something META has strongly argued against, as they wish to retain their independent status.
    Last edited by sumnerd; 11-13-2015 at 07:38 AM.

The Blackthornes - The Blackthornes are a family of witches who're led by the family patriarch Silas Blackthorne. They've managed to amass quite a bit of mystical might over the past few hundred years. They've class with members of the Library on several occasions as they're quite found of stealing information and mystical artifacts.

Ballistic Technologies (BallisTech) - A major us defense contractor supplying advanced weapons systems to the US military and its allies. There have been a number of attempts by foreign governments, and extremists groups, to penetrate their security to acquire the tech they're developing.
    Last edited by sumnerd; 02-08-2018 at 06:01 PM.

I've been digging around through the various Rogues, Rivals, and Renegades releases, trying to see who'd fit where, and some of them slide in quite nicely. I could easily see Apogee hooking up with my group the Oppressed, if not flat out organizing and leading them.

Others that would make fun additions include Cold Snap, Black Heron, The Conductor, El Conquistador, VXen, Iron Dog, Metacide, Kogar, Shockwave, Warchild, Acid Beth, and Clypso.

OPA Belta Freebooter

Great to see Beacon City coming to life for you! Really fun stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
    Great to see Beacon City coming to life for you! Really fun stuff!
    Glad to see you're liking this stuff. I'll add additional material as the mood strikes me.

I'm bumping this up as the bug has bitten me once again. And while I'm at it, here's a bit more info on some of the ideas that have popped into a head.

The Chosen - A had picked villain team lead by Apogee, all of whose members hold ideas similar to hers, as in the believe themselves to be superior to normal humans.

Eldritch - Once one of the world's most powerful mystic masters, now world weary, he wants nothing more than to be left alone to live out his life in piece, but old enemies keep coming back to haunt him.

LOCUST - An International terrorist organization

Pendragon - Last of the Arthurian bloodline, and young hero in training.

OPA Belta Freebooter

Quote Originally Posted by sumnerd View Post
    I'm bumping this up as the bug has bitten me once again. And while I'm at it, here's a bit more info on some of the ideas that have popped into a head.

The Chosen - A had picked villain team lead by Apogee, all of whose members hold ideas similar to hers, as in the believe themselves to be superior to normal humans.

Eldritch - Once one of the world's most powerful mystic masters, now world weary, he wants nothing more than to be left alone to live out his life in piece, but old enemies keep coming back to haunt him.

LOCUST - An International terrorist organization

Pendragon - Last of the Arthurian bloodline, and young hero in training.
    You *could* swap out Covenant for Eldritch, if you had a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
    You *could* swap out Covenant for Eldritch, if you had a mind to.
    I figure they've run into each other several times over the years. While they wouldn't be friends, they know of each other.