Page 614 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 1145145646046126136146156166246647141114 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

Hierophant

Re: Jab's Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl III View Post
    Captain Planet did more harm to the environmental movement's good will than anything short of scientists discovering that smog cures cancer in kittens.
    But... but where ELSE will kids discover that only white people are capable of Evil and pollution, and any time a brown person does it, it was because an evil white person tricked them?

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    But... but where ELSE will kids discover that only white people are capable of Evil and pollution, and any time a brown person does it, it was because an evil white person tricked them?
    Tumblr?

Keeper of Secrets
    In the land of Confusion in the state of Disbelief

I am amazed at all the animals that you have stat'ed out. This is incredible work!!!
    Check out my builds at * EMERALD FLAME'S 3e BUILDS *

“There are moments when even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of Hell. ”

― Edgar Allan Poe

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Keeper of Secrets

I'm pretty forgiving to Captain Planet, because I was smart enough as a kid to realize that a show featuring magic rings, a guy who makes all his legal troubles vanish with money, a guy with a pig face, an actual radioactive man, and a rat king might not be giving the most realistic look at world problems. But it did raise my awareness enough of issues to go and research them myself. It lead me to becoming a mini-environmentalist myself, doing little things like convincing my church to stop using styrofoam cups (this was the late 80s, early 90s, styrofoam wasn't recyclable then) and instead use paper cups, getting my doctor's office to recycle old magazines instead of tossing them in the trash, so on.

And I learned that some people really are rich enough to make all their legal troubles go away. I'm still waiting for my magic ring, though.

On the topic of zoos, though, I know for a long time the portrayal of zoos in movies, TV, and even comics (including the most recent Shazam comic, strangely enough) were just "giant barred cages with maybe a little back room so they can have some privacy." Does anybody know when the "let's at least try to make it look like a habitat so we don't come across as cruel" movement start?

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    I'm...struggling with the downside to this...
    The Thorpacolypse
    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
    "Hate you can trust"

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpacolypse View Post
    I'm...struggling with the downside to this...
    "For years in this industry, whenever an African American character, hero or villain, is introduced usually by my white artist names. They got slapped with racist names that singled them out as Negros! Now, my book, White-Hating Coon, don't have any of that bulls--t. The hero's name is Maleequa and he's descended from the black tribe that established the first society on the planet while all you European mother----ers were all hiding out in caves 'n s--t, terrified of the sun. He's a strong role-model that a young black reader can look up to. 'Cause I'm here to tell ya: the chickens are coming home to roost, y'all. The black man is no longer going to be playing the minstrel in the medium of comics and sci-fi fantasy. We're keeping it real! And we're going to get respect by any means necessary."

Defender of the Word

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl III View Post
    "For years in this industry, whenever an African American character, hero or villain, is introduced usually by my white artist names. They got slapped with racist names that singled them out as Negros! Now, my book, White-Hating Coon, don't have any of that bulls--t. The hero's name is Maleequa and he's descended from the black tribe that established the first society on the planet while all you European mother----ers were all hiding out in caves 'n s--t, terrified of the sun. He's a strong role-model that a young black reader can look up to. 'Cause I'm here to tell ya: the chickens are coming home to roost, y'all. The black man is no longer going to be playing the minstrel in the medium of comics and sci-fi fantasy. We're keeping it real! And we're going to get respect by any means necessary."
    Was this Celebrity Stunt Writer Reginald Hudlin's original pitch for what became his run on Black Panther?

Fantasy Geographic Society – My Mutants & Masterminds stuff

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Spades View Post
    Was this Celebrity Stunt Writer Reginald Hudlin's original pitch for what became his run on Black Panther?
    Hooper X's epic rant at the beginning of Chasing Amy.

Defender of the Word

500 on Rhino? why do you pick him?

Hierophant

Great White Shark

GREAT WHITE SHARK (Carcharodon carcharias)
    Role:
    Nightmare Fuel, Apex Oceanic Predator
    PL 9 (91)- Minion Rank 7, Sidekick Rank 19
    Normal Version:
    PL 7-8
    STRENGTH 8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
    Sea Acrobatics 4 (+6)
    Close Combat (Bite) 3 (+7)
    Expertise (Survival) 6 (+6)
    Intimidation 14 (+11, +13 Size)
    Perception 10 (+10)
    Stealth 9 (+11, +6 Size)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bite) 4, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Startle

Powers:
    "Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Extended 2 & Acute Scent, Tracking-Scent, Low-Light & Extended Vision) [6]
    "Lateral Lines" Senses 1 (Ranged Touch) [1]
    "Electrolocation" Senses 5 (Detect Electrical Signals- Acute, Accurate & Ranged) [5]

"Sea Creature"
    Swimming 4 (16 mph) [4]
    Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]

"Natural Size" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
    "Shark Scales" Protection 1 [1]
    "Shark's Bite" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Offense:
    Unarmed +4 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Shark Bite +7 (+10 Damage, DC 26)
    Initiative +6

Defenses:
    Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications:
    Disabled (Animal)- Sharks cannot speak to humans, nor use their fins to easily manipulate objects.
    Disabled- Sharks require water to survive, and will die quickly if left out of it. Also, they MUST be able to continue swimming to be able to breathe- if trapped by anything, they will slowly drown.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 16 (91)

Era: Modern
    Range: Small portions of Continental coastlines all over the Earth (except Antarctica)
    Colouring: Grey on top, white on bottom
    Size: Up to 26 feet long (2 tons or more)
    Encounter Groups: Solitary or loose schools (2-10)
    Diet: Anything edible, but prefers Seals & Sea Lions.
    Tactics: Chase or surprise attack and bite savagely, then retreat, waiting for a bleed-out.

-The Great White is the titan of the predatory Sharks, being a huge animal with a legendary bite- there's no more terrifying animal in the seas than this one- the only ones worse are all long-gone. The Great White isn't just huge- it's agile! They've been spotted FLYING through the air in efforts to capture Sea Lions. Look at those teeth- massive, hand-sized serrated-edge cutters... it's no wonder he was the villain of Jaws I can't imagine anything worse out there. It stats up as a PL 8.5 monster, not as capable as an Orca, but MUCH scarier. It does even more damage than other sharks with it's huge jaws, Crit-Hitting on a 16 and up! Great Whites are ALSO known for being the single shark most-likely to attack and kill humans- though they're rarely found to actually EAT us, a "test bite" from an animal this size nearly always results in a grievous, deadly wound that ends in exsanguination.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-10-2017 at 01:56 AM.