Page 606 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 1065065565966046056066076086166567061106 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

Paging Carl Denham.... Paging Carl Denham....

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Never mind our tactics towards eating- "Oh, it's poisonous and will kill us horribly? Well let's find a method of cooking it where it WON'T kill us".
    {nods} Humans have an amazingly varied diet, and moreover, we can be healthy eating just about anything, at least if we're getting moderate exercise. Increases in brain size in human history are directly correlated to the development of cooking and a genetic adaptation that allows us to eat large amounts of meat in an efficient manner (although the evidence seems to indicate that it's also why humans are prone to atherosclerosis without exercise).

As regards punching... *shrug* All I know is where the science has taken us. I suspect that the issue with learning to punch properly is much like the earlier comment about how humans are built to run all day long... but most of us have let that ability languish.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Tevourious View Post
    So I was contemplating using D20 Play to Run one offs or "perhaps something more complex" timed missions using Jabs characters. Basically, I'd throw an alert up on the forum, I'd set up my own thread for this obviously unless Jab wants it here where people can check in. Example

"Scorpion and Rhino are seen robbing a bank downtown Manhattan.."

Either myself or other players run said villains depending on the number of participants. There will a grab bag of heroes, rivals, or even other villains who can show up and "deal with the situation however they see fit." These characters will be random somewhat but make sense for the location.

However there will be no boundaries for genre. So you could technically have

The Ninja Turtles and Wolverine and Green Arrow show up to stop them.

It could escalate to where Bullseye shows up to claim a bounty on the turtles. Only to run afoul of Deathstroke who is also after bounty.

The events would be up for a set duration to keep things from sprawling out of control time wise.

Anyway. If folks are interested or have an suggestions hit me up. Jab created all these characters for us. I say we use them.
    Sounds like an awesome idea. I'd be interested if you wanted to get something going.

MCRN Admiral

Neanderthal

NEANDERTHAL MAN (Ney-AND-er-tall- "Man From Neander")
    Role:
    "Caveman", Ka-Zar Side Character, Geico Mascot, Failed Sitcom Star, Roller Derby Fan
    PL 4 (55), PL 6 (55) Saves- Minion Rank 4, Sidekick Rank 11
    Normal Version:
    PL 1-2
    STRENGTH 4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 1
    INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+8)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+4)
    Expertise (Survival) 5 (+7)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 5 (+3)
    Perception 5 (+7)
    Ranged Combat (Spear) 3 (+4)
    Stealth 3 (+5)
    Plus 4 Ranks of any Skill (eg: Expertise- Craftmaker or Unfrozen Lawyer)

Advantages:
    Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Equipment, Fast Grab, Set-Up, Teamwork

Equipment:
    "Sharpened Stick or Rock-Headed Spear"
    "Thrown" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Ranged 3) (4) -- (5)
    • AE: "Stab" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (3)

Offense:
    Unarmed +4 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Spear +3 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Thrown Spear +4 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
    Rivalry (Homo sapiens)- Neanderthals eventually vanished, despite being a dominant and intelligent predator. There's a very good possibility humans are responsible.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (55)

Era: Pleistocene Era
    Range: Europe
    Stereotypes: Stupid savages.
    Colouring: Pink or brown with thick hair.
    Size: Up to 6 feet tall (100-200 lbs.)
    Encounter Groups: Large groups
    Diet: Seeds, fruit, leaves, hoofed mammals, large mammals.
    Tactics: Team efforts using Spears and other weapons, bringing down large prey in tandem, or foraging for plants.

-And here's one of our OWN prehistoric ancestors: The Neanderthal, a primitive human from the European continent, who was eventually replaced by Cro-Magnon Man. There's plenty that's unknown about these guys- they had the ability to speak, but did they have language? What was their entire diet? Did they cannibalize each other? Their tactics? Did they fight wars? We know they were omnivorous but mostly ate meat, used weapons, and had injuries on their bodies that implied they both wrestled large animals to the ground (the same wounds show up on modern rodeo cowboys), and were cared for by others when disabled. They were about six inches shorter than modern-day humans as a rule, but were much stockier and more muscular.

-For a campaign, there could be Neanderthals everywhere- Savage Lands, Dinosaur times (if you're the type who makes Paleontologists & Anthropologists cry, that is), the Pleistocene Era, etc. They're usually depicted as dumb apelike people who are easily fooled into believing the heroes are gods or something, but then there's stuff like the weird 1970s Teen Titans, with Gnarrk (who got quietly killed-off off-panel when someone realized how dumb he was). Or funny Geico commercials that get turned into AWFUL ideas for television series (when you beat out My Mother the Car for crappy TV show ideas, you know you suck). Or the best one ever- Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

-Neanderthal Man here is a pretty standard member of his race- a PL 4 powerhouse with a simple wooden spear (likely with a pointy rock tied to one end), much stronger than ordinary people (but not outside of human bounds- he just gets a lot of excercise in when HUNTING HUGE THINGS), quick, tough, and a good team player. He's roughly on par with a modern-day human Thug armed with a Knife or something. They can easily be scaled up or down (for bystanders or tough tribe leaders).
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-16-2017 at 09:04 PM.

OPA Belta

Let's not forget the time the Batman was time-traveling Quantum Leap-style and spent a while as Bat-Caveman.

I want to forget, but that much scotch would destroy my liver.

OPA Belta

Oh, and recent scientific indicators are that Homo Sapiens Neanderthalis and Homo Sapiens Sapiens had no issues about doing the horizontal mambo together. The DNA of people of European descent is generally 3 or 4% Neanderthal DNA. Also northern Asians. People from southern Asia and Australian aborigines have a similar amount of Homo Sapiens Denisovan DNA. People of African descent generally have very nearly 100% Homo Sapiens Sapiens DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
    Oh, and recent scientific indicators are that Homo Sapiens Neanderthalis and Homo Sapiens Sapiens had no issues about doing the horizontal mambo together. The DNA of people of European descent is generally 3 or 4% Neanderthal DNA. Also northern Asians. People from southern Asia and Australian aborigines have a similar amount of Homo Sapiens Denisovan DNA. People of African descent generally have very nearly 100% Homo Sapiens Sapiens DNA
    *quietly starts a file named "data to make neonazis and other white-purists cry"*

MCRN Admiral

Samscranch

"BOYS WE ARE OFFICIALY DEALING WITH A ****ING SAMSQUANCH!! .....LOOKS LIKE A ****ING TEN FOOTER BY THE LOOKS OF THOSE THINGS!!" (Bubbles, from "Trailer Park Boys")

SASQUATCH/BIGFOOT (Gigantopithicus megapedia)
    Role:
    Hidden Forest Creature, Wildman
    PL 8 (101)- Minion Rank 7, Sidekick Rank 21
    Normal Version:
    PL 5-6
    STRENGTH 6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+8)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 8 (+8)
    Expertise (Survival) 8 (+10)
    Insight 3 (+5)
    Intimidation 8 (+6)
    Perception 8 (+10)
    Ranged Attack (Rocks) 5 (+5)
    Sleight of Hand 3 (+3)
    Stealth 15 (+16 Size)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Stealth Check

Powers:
    "Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
    "Ape Strength & Long Arms" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]

Concealment (All Visual Senses) 4 (Extras: Action- Reaction) (Flaws: Limited to Recording Devices, Limited to Crap-Ass Grainy Footage) [4]

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
    Disabled (Animal)- Sasquatch cannot speak to humans.
    Reputation (Hidden)- Sasquatch must always remain hidden from human eyes, and disappear into the forests.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 18 (101)

Era: Modern
    Range: Western North American Forests
    Colouring: Brown, black
    Size: Up to 10 feet tall (300-800 lbs.)
    Encounter Groups: Solitary
    Diet: Seeds, fruit, leaves, rabbits, dogs
    Tactics: Attack all-out with powerful limbs and teeth, or usually hide.

-I love Cryptids- ever since I was a little kid. The idea of all this mysterious megafauna that had somehow escaped detection after all these years is something that drives any child giddy, and Sasquatch is, along with the Loch Ness Monster, the cream of the crop, the veritable symbol of all Cryptozoology (alongside the Giant Panda & the Coelocanth- who are "Cryptozoology proven right" symbols). Known to Native American/Canadian legends (though almost every ancient/primitive culture had stories of "Giant Hairy Dudes" to use a scientific term), those descended from Europeans started encountering signs of these creatures decades ago. Eventually, pranksters hit (many of the famous "Footprints" are known to be created by simple moulds and casts, were by admitted pranksters), and a full-on legend was born. Now, cryptid Giant Apes are "found" all through North America, but this one is primarily in the Western portion of the continent, hitting Washington and British Columbia for the most part. And peculiarly, all sightings are made by crazy hillbilly-looking folks.

-There've been so many famous incidents regarding these things it's not even funny. There's that fascinating piece of footage that goes between Hoax/Maybe Not a Hoax periodically over the years, the footprint casts, the hoax costume a few years back (You have NO IDEA how much I wanted that to be real). Honestly, I don't believe these exist anymore. Grainy photos existing decades ago, I can imagine because cameras sucked. But now every douchebag on the planet has a Cellphone Camera, and there's no way our MASSIVE encroachments into nature wouldn't turn SOMETHING up by this point, especially with so many lifelong trackers using modern equipment. I'd love to see one... but I just can't see it happening anymore.

-A standard Sasquatch is a PL higher than a Gorilla, being a HUGE ten-foot man-like being of furious power. It's Stealth is so nuts that you'll almost never see it, it's incredibly strong, and it fights as well as any Gorilla, with the same Advantages (but with Hide In Plain Sight). And you'll never take a good photo of it thanks to it's 4-point Concealment power (I was gonna go with a Half-Nullify, but it cost 20 points to get nearly the same effect), and it's one of the few animals with higher Dodge than Parry (how many people have shot one? Exactly). A Yeti would be similar, but have snow-enhanced Stealth and adaptations.

-Some nifty "Sasquatch Sounds": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeGPNC6qQCY. Though I'd argue that something this noisy would have a much harder time avoiding being spotted.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-16-2017 at 09:05 PM.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
    I'd be curious to see the correlation between this statement and the genetics discussed in this article:

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl III View Post
    Let's not forget the time the Batman was time-traveling Quantum Leap-style and spent a while as Bat-Caveman.

I want to forget, but that much scotch would destroy my liver.
    Grant Morrison has much to answer for.
    Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.