Page 15 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725651155151015 ... LastLast

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Super Sabre

SUPER SABRE (Martin Fletcher)
    Created By:
    Chris Claremont & Alan Davis
    First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #215 (March 1987)
    Role: Third-Rate X-Men Villain, Speedster
    Group Affiliations: Freedom Force
    PL 9 (107)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Acrobatics 3 (+6)
    Expertise (History) 6 (+6)
    Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+5)
    Investigation 4 (+4)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Set-Up

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: Super-Speed"
    Speed 8 (500 mph) [8]
    Quickness 8 [8]
    Enhanced Advantages 5: Move-By Action, Improved Initiative 4 [5]
    Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
    Enhanced Skills 4: Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+13) [2]
    Enhanced Dodge & Parry 4 [8]

"Speed Stunts"
    "Sonic Finger-Snap" Affliction 9 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Reach) (10) -- [11]
    • AE: "Shockwave" Affliction 9 (Fort; Hindered & Impaired/Prone & Disabled) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (4.5)

Movement 2 (Wall Run, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) [2]

Offense:
    Unarmed +13 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Speed Stunts +9 (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
    Initiative +19

Defenses:
    Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
    Motivation (Fun)- Super Sabre and his buddies hunt down criminals for the sheer fun of it, committing first-degree murder, but only on the "undesirables" of society. They believing in giving enemies a fighting chance, but are merciless all the same.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 17 (107)

-Wow, Super Sabre REALLY sucked. The costume alone is beyond reproach- who the hell would ever think that was cool? A BOMBER PILOT HELMET? On a guy in BLUE TIGHTS! And there isn't even any DESIGN around it. It's just so... gaudy and UGLY. Legimiately the worst super-hero costume I can possibly think of, and that's including all of Rob Liefeld's stuff.

-He was kind of a giddy, foolish-acting senior citizen, cracking jokes about Commies and young thugs while smarmily doing that dumb "Mini Sonic Boom" he could create by snapping his fingers at sonic speeds. He tended to go running off half-cocked without thinking (like the most generic speedster-archetypes), super-eager to get to the target first (these guys' original gimmick was to actively hunt criminals like live game and kill them to make the world a better place). It OFTEN turned against him, though- his first appearance (and a later one against Cable) nearly got him garotted by Storm, who only failed to do it because she realized killing was wrong. He wasn't so lucky in the fateful fight in Kuwait that wiped out the rest of Freedom Force and killed the concept forever- he was decapitated by Amenidi the Cutting Wind (someone else I should build some time- he's unknown enough), and hasn't been seen since.

-Super Sabre isn't very expensive, because he has almost no mental stats. He was actually kind of a buffoon, being completely worked by non super-fast guys SEVERAL times just because he was cocky and didn't watch where he was going (no Perception, low Awareness, etc.). He was Sonic-Speed fast, but still fairly low-level, so he doesn't quite have the points expenditure most other guys with similar powers do, nor does he have most of their Stunts. He literally JUST did the Sonic Boom Snap and the Shockwave thing and that was it, settling on punching the rest of the time.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 03-05-2016 at 02:50 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Stonewall

STONEWALL (Louis Hamilton)
    Created By:
    Chris Claremont & Alan Davis
    First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #215 (March 1987)
    Role: Third-Rate X-Men Villain, Powerhouse
    Group Affiliations: Freedom Force
    PL 9 (102)
    STRENGTH
    11 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Deception 2 (+3)
    Expertise (Lawyer) 8 (+9)
    Expertise (History) 4 (+5)
    Intimidation 6 (+7)
    Perception 4 (+5)
    Persuasion 6 (+7)
    Insight 4 (+5)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: High Density"
    Features 1: Increased Weight [1]
    Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]
    Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 11) (Flaws: Limited to Blunt Attacks on Both) [6]

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+11 Damage, DC 27)
    Initiative +0

Defenses:
    Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9 (+10 vs. Blunt Force), Fortitude +9, Will +4

Complications:
    Motivation (Fun)- Super Sabre and his buddies hunt down criminals for the sheer fun of it, committing first-degree murder, but only on the "undesirables" of society. They believing in giving enemies a fighting chance, but are merciless all the same.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 11 (102)

-Stonewall was slightly cooler than his buddies, but not by much. His French 'stache, his garish costume, etc. were kinda silly, but he was portrayed as a somewhat-noble person who notices the evil in trying to kill Storm just for coming across their operation, and became a rather decent member of Freedom Force. Unfortunately, he was a quick sacrifice, dying before anyone else on Muir Island, getting electrocuted by Donald Pierce. Rather untalkative, he never ever got to say much.

-Stonewall's a pretty cheap PL 9 Brick, being very strong and tough, but pretty easy to hit. This would prove his undoing, as his Limited Protection (and Imperviousness) would get him easily killed by an electrical bolt. Generally, he would just sit there and eat someone's best punches without moving (even Rogue's!).

MCRN Admiral

Banshee

"This one," he said, pointing at Storm, "must be Banshee."
    "No, that's Storm," I said. "Here's Banshee."
    "Jim, don't you know that banshees are FEMALE?"
    "Yes, but, you should take that up with Roy (Thomas). He created this guy a long time ago."
    "ROY?!" Stan had that look of horror and incredulity you get when you discover that the guy who's been doing your taxes can't add or subtract.
    "ROY doesn't know banshees are female?!"
    "I guess he thought it didn't matter."
    -Jim Shooter, talking about the day he & Stan Lee checked out the rosters of the Old and New X-Men, trying to decide which one to pitch at the networks for a new cartoon.

BANSHEE (Sean Cassidy)
    Created By:
    Roy Thomas, Werner Roth & Stan Lee
    First Appearance: The X-Men #28 (Jan. 1967)
    Role: Ethnic Stereotype (especially at first), The Old Cop, The Retired Hero, The Guy Who Gets Written Out
    Country of Origin: Ireland
    Group Affiliations: The NYPD, Interpol, The X-Men, Generation-X
    PL 10 (164)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+10)
    Deception 5 (+7)
    Expertise (Interpol/Police Officer) 7 (+10)
    Insight 5 (+8)
    Investigation 7 (+10)
    Perception 5 (+8)
    Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
    Equipment (X-Uniform), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Sonic Scream) 2, Improved Smash, Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: Sonic Scream"
    "Sonic Flight" Flight 8 (500 mph) (Flaws: Winged Costume) [8]

"Loud Scream- Burst" Dazzle Hearing 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (30) -- [39]
    • AE: "Loud Scream- Cone" Dazzle 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
      AE: "Stunning Scream" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (30)
      AE: "Shake Apart Objects" Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged, Penetrating) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (30)
      AE: "Hypnotic Trance" Affliction 8 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Area-Perception) (24)
      AE: "Nauseating Scream" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (16)
      AE: "Concussive Scream" Blast 10 (Feats: Precise) (21)
      AE: "Concussive Cone" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (20)
      AE: "Concussive Ram" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (20)
      AE: "Neutralize Scanning Equipment" Concealment (Hearing) 10 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (20)

"Specialized Hearing" Senses 6 (Accurate Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [6]
    "Screaming Deflection Field" Enhanced Advantages 2: Defensive Roll 2 [2]
    Immunity 1 (Sonic Dazzles) [1]
    "Cassidy Clan" Immunity 1 (Black Tom Cassidy's Blast Powers) [1]

Equipment:
    X-Men Uniform (Communications, Wings for Flight)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Loud Screams +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
    Stunning/Nauseating Screams +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
    Shake Apart +10 (+10 Ranged Weaken, DC 20)
    Hypnotic Trance +8 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 18)
    Concussive Scream +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
    Concussive Area Screams +10 Areas (+10 Damage, DC 25)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
    Prejudice (Mutant)
    Responsibility (Cassidy Keep)- Sean is the heir to Cassidy Keep, and technically in charge of the entire Clan.
    Relationship ("Black" Tom Cassidy)- Sean and Tom were as close as brothers in their youth, though Tom was a bit of a bad boy- when they competed for the heart of the same woman (Maeve Rourke), Tom willingly stepped aside when he discovered she loved Sean. But when Maeve died in a terrorist bombing, Sean blamed Tom for her loss (he was away at the time), and the two became bitter enemies. Tom has since tried to murder Banshee and take Cassidy Keep for himself.
    Relationship (Theresa Cassidy)- Tom raised Sean's daughter Theresa without telling Sean of her existence, as punishment for Sean crippling him. He did not meet her until she was an adult, though the two seemed close.
    Relationship (Moira MacTaggart)- After Maeve, Moira was the love of Sean's life, and he was devoted to her, eventually retiring to Muir Island with her. He was heartbroken when she left him (needing to be alone, out of guilt for brainwashing Magneto), and again when she was killed by Mystique.
    Power Loss (Screams)- All of Banshee's powers are dependent on his ability to scream. If he is gagged, choked, injured in the throat area or otherwise unable to scream, none of his powers aside from Extended & Ultra-Hearing (and the Cassidy Clan bit) will be effective. He will also be depowered immediately if he ever uses Extra Effort for his scream- this happened A LOT. The effect often lasts for months if the power is used continuously in such a manner.
    Relationship (Generation-X)- Sean became a father figure to the Generation-X kids.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 18 (164)

-I actually liked Banshee a lot. The guy just didn't have much luck, though- he's a HUGE part of the original Giant-Size line-up (having actually debuted in the late '60s as a brainwashed enemy-turned-ally), constantly saving the day, and got tons of lip service from the writers early on, as he was arguably the most powerful member of the entire team, and most versatile (at one point, Magneto flat-out states that "among you, only HE is my equal!"). The problem was, Claremont & Byrne got tired of him and de-powered his Irish ass off the team JUST in time for him to miss out on the entire Dark Phoenix Saga, meaning that... guess what? NONE of the major X-Fans that came in BECAUSE of that storyline (and the '80s grittiness that came after) even remember the poor bastard was even on the book! The guy was gone for almost all the REALLY legendary work done on the series, and didn't return for another DECADE, so Banshee remained this forgotten character for the entire span! Hell, I remember being SHOCKED when reading those awesome Essential collections that not only was Banshee on the book for YEARS (getting a big rivalry with his cousin Black Tom Cassidy, as well as his best friend THE JUGGERNAUT), but he was given tons of credit! Once he gets hurt (a recurring trend with him), he left for over a decade!

-So there Banshee sat on Muir Island, boinking Moira MacTaggert, and only showing up occasionally (he was kidnapped by James Proudstar, angry over Banshee having been there, watching his brother John die). A long-lost daughter was introduced as an enemy of Spider-Woman's, as well. He got a second run with the team in the early '90s (the one where Jim Lee proved that he could make the original X-Uniforms actually look AWESOME, with some modifications), but it wasn't to last, and he & Moira became off & on as well. It wasn't until Generation-X came around that he got to play a major role, being the stodgy mentor to the young kids. I wasn't a fan of the Gen-X book (too much Jubilee, too many "potentially the most powerful mutant alive" types, weaker characterization, and horribly-exaggerated "Big Eyes & Heads & Hands" art on all the kids by some of the artists), but it was something. Despite all that, he was still unceremoniously killed off by Vulcan in a recent arc. Sucks to be him, especially since he's come back under the control of evil people THREE FRIGGIN' TIMES (Selene, Amatsu-Mikaboshi & The Apocalypse Twins all did it).

-Banshee's fully-balanced on Offense, with a powerful Area Attack Blast & Dazzle, with a few handy Alt-Effects attached to it, making him a VERY versatile Blaster, capable of wiping out entire SWATHS of guys in one shot. However, this is a tricky ability for someone who fights on teams (it's REALLY easy to catch your teammates in the crosshairs of a Cone Effect that's 60-feet wide at the end. Plus, he's vulnerable, like most Blasters in comics tend to be. Not AS bad of a Glass Cannon, but he's only PL 7.5 in that regard- he's one or two bad saves from going down to almost ANY decently-balanced attack. He's also one of the more skilled X-Men, though honestly that didn't come up a whole lot during his first run- it was boosted in the Gen-X years and more, once he'd gotten more of a solo focus.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 05-20-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Re: Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhero View Post
    I kind of view Iceman and Quicksilver as two potentially good characters handled poorly...repeatedly. No moreso than Angel, but really, when Jamie Madrox gets better character development than you... writers are failing you.
    I really can't argue with you there. I think Pietro's done far better than Bobby in that regard, I'm actually a fan of things like Son of M. It's likely his tweener status that means people will always return to him for something (Unless they just co-opt Namor into the X-Men) and that builds up, albeit piecemeal.

Whereas Bobby, as Jab notes, is constantly reset into the exact same story. It feels like he only gets any use because of Legacy. I'd love to see him leave the X-World like he has before, maybe join the new Defenders team that will no doubt spin out of the Netflix series. See if without that crutch he gets some development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    -Colossus (obviously a Dave Cockrum design- check out the long boots!) was easily my favourite X-Man ever.
    Likewise. I think we're the only people with that opinion, though.

-I actually liked Banshee a lot.
    I'm with you again. Around the Blue/Gold time I'd see he and forge sitting around in control rooms in generic uniforms talking about the things the people on the actual teams were doing, and I just couldn't understand why they weren't on those teams over people like bloody Gambit.

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

The FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---???? GET TO THE STORE IMMEDIATELY!! This is unacceptable!
    Calm down, I have it in my netflix queue now, I'll be getting it as soon as I watch and send back cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 (Which I should really get around to because I've had it for a month now).

MCRN Admiral

Siryn/Banshee II

Funny how the X-Uniform went from "Baggy spandex" to "So tight the yellow part doubles as a thong" over the years.

SIRYN (Theresa Rourke Cassidy, aka Banshee II, The Morrigan)
    Created By:
    Chris Claremont & Steve Leiahola
    First Appearance: Spider-Woman #37 (April 1981)
    Role: The Suddenly-Introduced Offspring, Team Babe, Status-Affecter/Blaster
    Group Affiliations: Muir Island X-Men, X-Force, The Fallen Angels, X-Corporation, X-Factor Investigations
    PL 10 (145)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Acrobatics 2 (+5)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+8)
    Deception 4 (+6, +8 Attractive)
    Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 4 (+6)
    Investigation 4 (+6)
    Perception 4 (+6)
    Persuasion 4 (+6, +8 Attractive)
    Ranged Combat (Sonic Screams) 4 (+10)
    Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
    Attractive, Equipment (X-Uniform), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Sonic Scream), Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: Sonic Scream"
    "Sonic Flight" Flight 8 (500 mph) (Flaws: Requires Winged Costume) [8]

"Loud Scream- Burst" Dazzle Hearing 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (30) -- [41]
    • AE: "Loud Scream- Cone" Dazzle Hearing 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
      AE: "Stunning Scream" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (30)
      AE: "Lull Them To Sleep" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- Auditory Perception, Cumulative) (24)
      AE: "Shake Apart Objects" Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged, Penetrating) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (30)
      AE: "Hypnotic Trance" Affliction 8 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Area-Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Humans) (16)
      AE: "Nauseating Scream" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (16)
      AE: "Concussive Scream" Blast 10 (20)
      AE: "Concussive Cone" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (30)
      AE: "Concussive Ram" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (30)
      AE: "Neutralize Scanning Equipment" Concealment (Hearing) 10 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (20)
      AE: "Sonic Force Field" Protection 6 (Extras: Sustained +0, Affects Others) (12)

"Specialized Hearing" Senses 8 (Extended & Ultra-Hearing, Accurate Radius Hearing) [8]
    "Screaming Deflection Field" Enhanced Advantages 2: Defensive Roll 2 [2]

Equipment:
    X-Men Uniform (Communications, Wings for Flight)

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Loud Screams +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
    Stunning/Nauseating Screams +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
    Shake Apart +10 (+10 Ranged Weaken, DC 20)
    Hypnotic Trance +8 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 18)
    Concussive Scream +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
    Concussive Area Screams +10 Areas (+10 Damage, DC 25)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2 (+4 D.Roll, +10 Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
    Prejudice (Mutant)
    Relationship (Black Tom Cassidy)- Her family is screwed up. Born the daughter of Banshee and Maeve Rourke, Siryn was raised by her father's cousin Black Tom, a super-villain following her mother's death in a terrorist attack. Tom also wanted to punish Banshee, who crippled him, by hiding his daughter from him. Theresa hates Tom for this, but also loves him as her father.
    Relationship (Sean Cassidy- Father)- She also tries to uphold Banshee's legacy now that he has passed, going by his code-name now.
    Relationship (Jamie Madrox)- Siryn fell in love with Jamie Madrox during The Fallen Angels series and on Muir Island, not knowing that it was a "Dupe", and that the original could not reciprocate those feelings. Eventually the two DID fall in love, but then he resorbed the offspring of Siryn and another "Dupe", and she was devastated.
    ---
    Relationship (Deadpool)- The insane Deadpool's only real positive quality was a real, actual love for Theresa. She found herself a bit taken with him, and flattered by his attention, and made mention that she'd consider taking things further if he continued down the path of good.
    Reputation (One Of Those Girls)- Though she doesn't sleep around, Theresa is easy to fall for, and she's left a long-running string of men pining for her, going back to her time in Ireland. Madrox and his Dupes, X-Force teammate Warpath, the "Merc With a Mouth" Deadpool, and others.
    Addiction (Alcohol)- Theresa began drinking at a young age, and reached "Rock Bottom" while on vacation with Warpath, where she confronted Black Tom Cassidy and her past, and made her peace with both of them.
    Power Loss (Screams)- All of Siryn's powers are dependent on her ability to scream. If she is gagged, choked, injured in the throat area or otherwise unable to scream, none of her powers aside from Extended & Ultra-Hearing will be effective.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 59 / Defenses: 19 (145)

-Man, did I ever have a crush on Siryn back in the day. I kind of had a thing for redheads back then, despite my usual thing being brunettes, ever since I saw Marvel Girl (Jean), and Siryn was even HOTTER, especially the way Tony Daniel drew her- with a ridiculously skinny physique with a big bubble butt and boobs... well, I was fourteen, what the hell do you want from me? What's funny is that she debuted as a Spider-Woman villain, having been twisted by her evil Uncle, Black Tom Cassidy (Tom, a scumbag, had his foster-daughter Theresa commit crimes for him, and out of loyalty, she did). She turned good quickly (Tom, feeling guilty, exonerates her of all crimes), but pretty well disappeared from comics in the meantime. She was on The Fallen Angels (as part of a weird collection of random mutants including Sunspot, Warlock, some lobsters & Madrox), one of the "Muir Island X-Men", a group of Marvel Limbo-residing mutants that were under the control of The Shadow King, and pretty much existed in some kind of forgotten zone.

-Then, out of friggin' NOWHERE, she shows up in a Rob Liefeld X-Force issue, helping Cable's team fight Black Tom and The Juggernaut, subsequently joining the team! This was very odd, as she had very little link to the original New Mutants (the only two members she'd really encountered as a teammate were off the team or dead). I can't imagine it was for Fanservice reasons either, as Liefeld drew her with Merida's haircut and a big green garbage bag for a costume. It wasn't until Greg Capullo & Tony Daniel took over on art that she became the Team Sexpot, doing whatever back-bending poses DOMINO wasn't currently doing. She also had to fend off the interests of Warpath & Deadpool (she liked them more as friends, especially Warpath, though naturally she had some inklings of feelings towards The Merc With A Mouth), vied for field-leadership on the team (there were bits where she got mad at Cannonball for ignoring her in favour of his old New Mutants buddies), struggled with alcoholism (it was kind of swiftly dealt with, as it was implied to be an ongoing thing and only Warpath knew about it, but within a few issues she kicked the habit), and eventually became Team Leader after numerous roster shake-ups.

-She left the team when her throat was slashed by the now-evil Feral, and only Deadpool's swiping of some of Wolverine's blood cured her. She went into Marvel Limbo again after this (X-Corporation- a short-lived attempt to keep all the "not doing anything" mutants semi-active behind the scenes), then got put onto Peter David's X-Factor Investigations, where she naturally fell in love with David's beloved Jamie Madrox (though at least this had a history- she'd fallen in love with a Dupe of his during Fallen Angels). This had the most horrific implications EVER, as it turns out the child of his she was carrying was actually the result of a one-night-thing with a DUPLICATE, and so poor Baby Sean was actually ABSORBED INTO JAMIE MADROX the second he touched it! You can imagine this kinda ended their relationship, and he later hooks up with Layla Miller (EVERY WOMAN IN THIS SERIES WANTS TO BONE MADROX). Eventually, she becomes the new Morrigan, after killing the previous holder of that title- thus ends X-Factor, allowind David to make ANOTHER book full of second-stringers.

-Siryn's a fun little build to put together, since it's fairly unique AND full of tons of Alternate Effects, meaning I get to mix and match tons of little powers together. There's two Area-type Auditory Dazzles, three kinds of Blasts, a Stun & a Nauseate, a Force Field, an Electronic Detection Neutralizer, a Hypnotic effect AND a Ranged Weaken all put together! In addition, she has specialized Hearing and "Sonar" (which is thankfully listed in 2e's Ultimate Power, so I made the power the same way here), and can Fly as long as she has a winged costume with her. Despite this, she doesn't even make full PL points, since she was always kind of limited aside from her power (and can't come close to her her Defensive Caps unless she's not using any offensive powers). She's fairly smart, aware, and charismatic, but not really specialized at any other skill, y'know?

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
    Calm down, I have it in my netflix queue now, I'll be getting it as soon as I watch and send back cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 (Which I should really get around to because I've had it for a month now).
    S'alright, I was kidding about my rage. I shoulda put in a smiley or somethin' .

OPA Belta

Oh I know, I was just playing along

MCRN Admiral

Avalanche

AVALANCHE (Dominikos Ioannis Petrakis, aka "Dominic Petros")
    Created By:
    Chris Claremont & John Byrne
    First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #141 (Jan. 1981)
    Role: Recurring Villain, Elementalist (Kinda), Awesome Name For a Crappy Villain, Background Jobber
    Group Affiliations: The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Freedom Force, Project: Wideawake, X-Corps
    PL 10 (103)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+4)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
    Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
    Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+4)
    Intimidation 4 (+5)
    Perception 2 (+2)
    Ranged Combat (Earth Attacks) 3 (+8)
    Vehicles 3 (+3)

Advantages:
    Equipment (Body Armour +4), Ranged Attack 5, Set-Up

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: Seismic Generation"
    "Avalanche Burst" Affliction 10 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (40) -- [46]
    • AE: "Avalanche Stream" Affliction 10 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (40)
      AE: "Avalanche Wave" Affliction 10 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +2) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (40)
      AE: "Avalanche Attack" Affliction 10 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Blast 10 (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (13.5)
      AE: Burrowing 8 (16 mph) (8)
      AE: "Rupture Objects" Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Affects Objects Only +0) (20)
      AE: "Affect Organics" Blast 8 (Feats: Subtle 2) (Extras: Penetrating) (26)

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Avalanche Attack +8 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
    Avalanche Area Attacks +10 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
    Rupture Objects +8 (+10 RangedWeaken, DC 20)
    Affect Organics +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+7 Body Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
    Motivation (Greed)
    Responsibility (Selfish)- Avalanche is known to abandon teammates when the going gets tough.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 12 (103)

-Avalanche is one of the most terrible members of the Brotherhood/Freedom Force, being an awesome name wrapped in a guy with the personality of a brick. Unsurprisingly, he's the first guy to go down in most of their fights, and doesn't do much on his own either. He once got taken down by an UNPOWERED Rahne Sinclair. The X-Men Evolution version actually did him the best, producing a new name and origin, and making him more of a bad-boy misfit for sweet innocent Kitty Pryde to make good. Things may have worked out if that show got an extra season, but as it stands, Avalanche is still a Jobber. He turned into a Retired Villain at first, running his own bar in the mutant section of San Francisco, but was soon brainwashed by the Xavier-Brained Red Skull, and sent into a terrorist attack that helped kill hundreds of people and set off The Uncanny Avengers- it's belived he's dead.

-Avalanche is a good Area-Effect guy, but has few Skills, almost no Advantages, and a fairly limited batch of Trip and Blast-type powers, most of which doing little damage to human beings, but dependent on hitting the buildings and streets behind and beneath them. It's much more wide-ranged than most Powerhouse builds' "Groundstrike" Powers (which is where these are derived from- it goes the Extra Condition route and adds the Hindered & Vulnerable combos together to really screw up your offense & defense simultaneously), but aside from a PL 8-ish Blast, he's got little else to dish out. He's sort of a PL 8 Blaster and PL 10 Area Tripper, and that's it. The only iffy thing about this set-up is that collapsing large objects (such as buildings) can do a LOT more damage that his basic power: This is effectively like ANY attempt to damage an object, though, and not a separate power.

MCRN Admiral

Havok

He suffers from the same problem Electro does- a uniform that's a bit silly and weird-looking, but so iconic that any OTHER look just comes across as a combination of "plain" or "Who is that guy supposed to be?"

HAVOK (Alex Summers)
    Created By:
    Arnold Drake, Don Heck & Neal Adams
    First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #54 (March 1969)
    Role: The Lesser Brother, The Second-Leader
    Group Affiliations: The X-Men, The Starjammers, X-Factor, The Genoshan Magistrates, The Six (Mutant-X Universe), The Brotherhood of Mutants
    PL 11 (158)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Acrobatics 2 (+5)
    Deception 3 (+6)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 5 (+8)
    Expertise (Science) 4 (+6)
    Expertise (Science) 4 (+10) -- Flaws: Limited to Earth Sciences
    Expertise (Tactics) 4 (+6)
    Perception 4 (+6)
    Persuasion 3 (+6)
    Ranged Combat (Plasma Blasts) 4 (+9)
    Technology 4 (+6)
    Vehicles 3 (+6)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment (X-Men Uniform), Inspire, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: Cosmic Blasts"
    "Omnidirectional Burst" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Penetrating) (44) -- [47]
    • AE: "Cosmic Stream" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2, Penetrating) (44)
      AE: "Cosmic Blast" Blast 13 (Extras: Penetrating) (39)
      AE: Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)

"Summers Brother" Immunity 2 (His Own & Cyclops' Powers) [2]
    "Cosmic Sponge" Immunity 10 (Heat Damage, Radiation Damage) [10]

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Cosmic Burst & Stream +11 Area (+11 Damage, DC 26)
    Blast +9 (+13 Ranged Damage, DC 28)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll, +5 Uniform), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
    Rivalry (With Cyclops)- Alex always feels like he's in Scott's shadow, despite the two having a pretty good relationship. That ended when Cyclops went off the deep end and started taking extreme measures to protect mutant-kind.
    Responsibility (Summers Family Tree)- *deep breath*... Alex Summers' family includes an Eye-Blasting forgotten-brother, a Space Pirate father, a dead mother, a dead telepathic sister-in-law who was also a Cosmic Being (but not really), a demon-worshipping clone of said sister-in-law who later died (then came back, and hooked up with Alex in an Alternate Timeline), a Future mercenary cyborg telepath for a nephew, a telepathic Cosmic Being for a neice (but only in an alternate future), a telepathic super-powerhouse for a sort-of nephew (but only in an alternate timeline), a Space Emperor half-brother, a half-alien super-'90s half-brother (but not anymore), a Mutant Messiah adopted-grandneice, and possibly more. I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody.
    Enemy (Living Pharaoh)- The Pharaoh has repeatedly tried to steal Alex's powers.
    Relationshiop (Lorna Dane, Nurse Annie, Others)- Alex has a few ladies in his life, but Polaris is the by far the most important. They were together during the '60s run, much of Claremont's, and all of X-Factor. He's recently been seen hooking up with The Wasp.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 59 / Defenses: 18 (158)

-Havok's place in X-history depends on the era in which you find yourself. In the late 1960s, he was a "Long Lost Sibling" introduced out of nowhere, playing a slightly immature kid. He was out of the picture for YEARS before Chris Claremont suddenly decided he was gonna do something with this dead concept in the late '80s, and made him kind of Wolverine's badass little buddy. By the '90s, he'd been lost again once Claremont lost interest, but Peter David picked him up (with a new '90s-classic ensemble of leather jacket, big X-logos, a faceless, hair-showing mask, etc.) for his "Every character nobody freaking wants to write or read about" X-Factor, which turned him into kind of a perennially-sighing, droll leader-type trying to move all these nutjobs around. He finally got a push later in Mutant-X, a long-running "Alternate Universe" comic that ended up not mattering to anything (because it's an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE) once it was cancelled, and after a brief turn as Chuck Austen's "Canon Sue" (he thought Havok was like himself, and thus wrote him as the main character) in his X-run, and then he became the new leader of the Starjammers, flying around in space.

-To say nothing of his relationship to Polaris. They were together, then off for years, then together again, then he dumped her for Annie the Nurse (based off of Austen's wife) and she went INSANE... then she got better and he figured out he loved her after all.... Yeah, okay then. Me, I've never been a huge Havok fan, as he's obviously been "Less Than Cyclops" for his entire existence, and they've NEVER managed to completely replace him from that. The fact that they're both leader-types with Blaster-powers, and that Cyke is the more important character, kinda mean this will never change. It's like if Captain America or Spider-Man got long-lost little brothers with major character pushes. It just AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, you know? Even his current run on Uncanny Avengers is merely pretty good, and fails to make him better than Scott.

-Havok is a very powerful Blaster with some good Immunities, and a fairly decent leader-type as well, making him a good all-around kind of guy for any team. He's not as good as Cyclops or Storm, but he's tolerable. He's nearly a PL 11 in sheer intensity of powers (a VERY powerful Burst Cosmic Blast in addition to extreme raw power- equivalent to Cyclops in that regard, but with Bursts). Otherwise he's your typical X-dude, fairly strong & athletic, with a good smattering of Skills he rarely uses, centred around a massive power-set.