Page 313 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 2132633033113123133143153233634138131313 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Comet

For a deliberately-Golden Age feel, that's not bad.

COMET (Harris Moore)
    Created By:
    Marv Wolfman & John Buscema
    First Appearance: Nova #21 (Sept. 1978)
    Role: Jobber Hero
    Group Affiliations: The Nova Corps. (kinda)
    PL 8 (107)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Aerobatics 4 (+7)
    Deception 2 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Ranged Combat (Electricity) 4 (+8)
    Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
    Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
    Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
    Electrical Blast 8 (Feats: Split) [17]

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Electricity +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
    Relationship (Children)- Harris stayed on Xandar after his son died, feeling he no longer had a connection to this world.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 14 (107)

-Harris Moore gained powers years ago from some radioactive meteor, and used them to become a superhero. He appeared in Nova decades AFTER this, but agreed to go to Xandar with Nova to help fight the Skrulls. He was killed fighting Nebula, alongside Powerhouse. All of his bios are hilariously short- basically a single paragraph. His son Frank was The Crime-Buster, a costumed vigilante with no powers (he thought his father was killed by crooks, and fought to avenge him) who was killed during the Xandarian/Skrull War.

MCRN Admiral

Dr. Sun

DOCTOR SUN
    Created By:
    Marv Wolfman & Gene Colan
    First Appearance: Tomb of Dracula #16 (Jan. 1974)
    Role: Brain-In-A-Jar
    Group Affiliations: The Hellfire Club
    PL 9 (153)
    STRENGTH
    7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Expertise (Science) 7 (+14)
    Intimidation 3 (+4)
    Perception 3 (+4)
    Technology 7 (+14)
    Treatment 7 (+14)
    Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
    "Cyborg"
    Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
    Protection 8 [8]

"Computer Brain"
    Quickness 4 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Tasks) [2]
    Enhanced Advantages 2: Languages (Several) [2]

Mind Control 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) (32) -- [33]
    • AE: Psiono-Kinetic Blast 9 (18)

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 21)
    Mind Control +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
    Psiono-Kinetic Blast +9 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
    Initiative +1

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +5

Complications:
    Motivation (Power)- Doctor Sun wishes to use vampires to take over the world.
    Enemy (Dracula)- Both are power-hungry blood-drinkers- they cannot co-exist.
    Weakness (Lack of Blood)- Doctor Sun requires to "feed" his brain with human blood every 24 hours or die.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 11 (153)

-Doctor Sun (no relation to the Chinese politician of old) is a vampiric cyborg who was created for "Tomb of Dracula", and ended up bouncing around in the comics for a bit until disappearing for good in 1980- his short six-year run means that he just dealt with '70s heroes like the Fantastic Four & The Man Called Nova (in a Byrne-drawn FF arc). He was a Chinese scientist who discovered a way to keep brains alive outside of the human body- a political enemy arranged to have him executed and subjected to his own idea. As such, he became a Killer Cyborg, gained psionic powers and killed a lot of people. He fought Dracula a number of times (their mutual need for blood led him to realize that teaming up with vampires would help him rule the world)- even KILLING him once, but the bastard just keeps on reviving (Drac's enemies were forced to resurrect him to fight Sun, who now had all of Dracula's abilities and was a bigger threat). He got mixed up with the FF & Nova for a while during their battle with The Sphinx & Terrax, and turned on the FF by turning their headquarters on them, but he was presumed dead after an explosion caused by H.E.R.B.I.E. He has yet to reappear, over thirty years later.

-Doctor Sun is a weird sort, and was able to handle Dracula himself back in the day (though only with careful planning, high tech and minions), though seems to have become just a standard Strong Robot-type of character, albeit with Mind Control and a Blast. He's also a super-smart scientist.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 12-17-2014 at 06:29 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Firefly

FIREFLY (Thomas Ewing)
    Created By:
    Marv Wolfman & Al Milgrom
    First Appearance: Nova #10 (June 1977)
    Role: Jobber Villain
    Group Affiliations: None
    PL 7 (79)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Deception 2 (+3)
    Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+3)
    Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
    Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
    "Firefly Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [24]
    Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
    Fire Blast 8 (16) -- (17)
    • AE: "Flame Touch" Damage 6 (Extras: Secondary Effect) (12)

-- (29 points)

Offense:
    Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Flame Touch +5 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Fire Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
    Motivation (Greed)- Firefly appeared as a minion for The Sphinx, but ended up fighting on his own later.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 8 (76)

-Firefly is one of the semi-nemerous character names shared amongst both Marvel & DC, though even the 5th-Tier Batman villain is a bigger name than this joke, who fought Nova once, then Luke Cage & Iron Fist. Nova got set on fire, but his suit protected him, and he dumped the villain into the river and KO'd him. In the other fight, Cage blocked his Flame Blast with a steel door, then Iron Fist knocked him out. His suit could be rather nifty, but he's very under-powered, and REALLY easy to hit. Most of his fights end in a one-hit KO.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 03-04-2016 at 12:17 AM.

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

I actually wanted to do an adventure with Doctor Sun in Avengers, but never got the chance.

I don't recall the exact details, but I think the original plan was that Sun was going to present himself as an ally to the Avengers, and try and manipulate Xiao into providing himself to become a living battery for some anti vampire weapon.

MCRN Admiral

Re: Condor

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl III View Post
    Is he black? Because every time I see a skateboard-based hero I cannot help but think of the Teenage Negro Ninja Trashers.
    My Personal Creative Setting is definitely going to include a team just like that.

MCRN Admiral

The Sphinx (Dude Version)

THE SPHINX (Anath-Na Mut)
    Created By:
    Marv Wolfman & Sal Buscema
    First Appearance: Nova #6 (Feb. 1977)
    Role: The Big Bad (To Nova)
    PL 12 (436), PL 14 (436) Defenses
    STRENGTH
    12/14 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 0
    FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+10)
    Deception 4 (+6)
    Expertise (History) 8 (+14)
    Expertise (Arcane Lore) 8 (+14)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Intimidation 10 (+12)
    Perception 4 (+7)
    Stealth 3 (+3)
    Technology 4 (+10)

Advantages:
    Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Blasts) 2, Improved Hold, Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Ritualist, Startle

Powers:
    Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
    Impervious Toughness 15 [15]
    Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]
    Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]

"The Ka Stone" (Flaws: Removable) [236]
    Enhanced Strength 2 (4)
    Blast 14 (Feats: Split, Penetrating 8) (37) -- (39)
    AE: Teleport 10 (Extras: Extended) (30)
    AE: "Telepathy" Communication (Mental) 2 & Mind Reading 10 (30)

"Reality Warping" Transform 10 (Anything to Anything Else) (Extras: Area- 4 miles +11, Continuous) (170)
    Variable 10 (70)
    Immortality 1 (2)
    Regeneration 10 (10)
    -- (295 points)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
    Blasts +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
    Initiative +15

Defenses:
    Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +15, Fortitude +15, Will +13

Complications:
    Motivation (Death, Power)- The Sphinx either wants to die, or wants to gain more power.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 280 / Defenses: 19 (436)

-The Sphinx, actually the same Court Magician humiliated by Moses centuries ago in Egypt (and subsequently empowered by a mystical Ka Stone), is effectively Nova's own personal Big Bad from his '70s series, but with Nova's cancellation, he kind of became one of those odd "Recurring Marvel Foes" that ends up in random solo series over time. He fought The Thing & others, but was brought back in The New Warriors as a lady (a different person, who was an ally of the first in Egypt, and constantly resurrecting) so that Mark Bagley could draw more cleavage. He was last seen in the tail end of Nova's last solo book, showing up to do Time Travel stuff and fight his younger self, who'd tried to gain TWO Ka Stones thanks to Time Travel weirdness.

-Not an easy guy to stat, especially because I've read so little of him, and he seems nigh-cosmic in power sometimes (Galactus beat him easily, but still- IT'S GALACTUS). I have no idea what kinds of power levels he could pick up over the years, but he came across as one of those overwhemling PL 12-type threats in Nova & The Thing's books, so that's where I'll put him. He's probably recieved massive power-ups over the years, and could have powers extending far beyond mere "Reality Warping" (effectively transforming stuff into other stuff for miles around). I'm not entirely sure where HIS powers end, and the KA STONE's powers begin, either.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 12-17-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Re: Condor

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    My Personal Creative Setting is definitely going to include a team just like that.
    Mine won't.... I can't stand those people.

That's right, you heard me: I cannot stand them.... With there dopy dress sense & there stupid lingo.

Yep, I hate skateboarders.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Protomolecule Host

Wow, Thing dropped an F-bomb. He's one bad motherfurshlugger.

Nice pics and write-ups of Sphinx. I like the newer second pic because it makes Sphinx seem more powerful with that outfit and the color scheme.

Yeah, he's a hard one to stat up. To me, he seems like the Apocalypse from the X-men Evolution cartoon (especially hovering as he is in that second pic with a slight energy glow around him): a whole host of vastly powerful powers. Levitation, telepathy, mind blasts, hand blasts (of some nature, exactly what, dunno), insanely knowledgable, a type of awareness and a good fighter. I think your stats are all very good for the Sphinx without the Ka. (see below)

In the far past, sometimes the Sphinx' strength seemed like Cl 25, but mostly he used to be at least Thing level (85 tons without augmentation). Later, he grew stronger, with more powerful blasts. His 12 STR seems perfect.

The Ka Stone, when introduced, was supposedly vastly powerful on its own and could turn a very powerful individual into a mega-powerful one. I believe with the Ka Stone, Sphinx' power, strength and abilitie stats should go up at least like +4 (up to +7?). The Ka enabled Sphinx to stand up to Galactus for a time, just like the energy enhanced High Evolutionary did for about a minute. To me, the Ka Stone is way more powerful than any individual Infinity Gems, which would probably raise stats at least +2 or even +3.

I think what can throw people off is the poor usage of Sphinx with the Ka Stone, meaning inconsistent power displays by poor writers in terrible stories. Many of the villains get this treatment and it is only through multiple sightings that we can sometimes get an idea of just what they can do. Sphinx doesn't have all those stories, so that adds to the difficulty. I believe him to be ultra-powerful on his own and infinitely more-so with the Ka Stone.

OPA Belta

Wait... He's a separate character from the Living Pharaoh!? Learn something new everyday.