Page 304 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 2042542943023033043053063143544048041304 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

Wow, The Grinder is epicly bad! I love it! He makes Gamecock look like a winner.

I really liked the Grim Reaper in the Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes. He rocked. Didn't hurt to have Lance Henriksen doing his voice, either.
    The Thorpacolypse
    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
    "Hate you can trust"

OPA Belta

The only things I knew about Amber were 1) that the one friend from college and later work, Eric, who played it once every few months somewhere three hours would make my eyes glaze over when he talked about it 2) and that there was someone else in that group who a) also played the LARP Vampire with my friend, Jim, b) had taken college classes with my friend, Tim, a few years c) was then-currently taking classes with the young lady, Jenn, I was romantically pursuing at the time (and setting himself up as a rival) and d) had many years earlier been a student of my dad's. Since Eric, Jim, Tim, and Jenn were 4 of the 6 core members of my gaming group at the time it was weird having someone traveling in so many circles that intersected with ours without being in ours.

MCRN Admiral

The Killer Clown

THE KILLER CLOWN (Casper Whimpley)
    Created By:
    Michael Fleisher & Frank Springer
    First Appearance: Spider-Woman #22 (Jan. 1980)
    Role: One-Shot Villain, Serial Killer
    Group Affiliations: None
    PL 7 (62)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Deception 4 (+4)
    Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
    Intimidation 4 (+4)
    Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages:
    Chokehold, Equipment (Garotte Wire, Spring-Loaded Box- Leaping 2), Fast Grab
    Powers:
    "Clown Gear" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [4]
    "Fatal Joy Buzzer" Damage 6 (Inaccurate) (5) -- (6 points)
    • AE: "Extending Hand" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) (4)

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage)
    Extending Hand +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Joy Buzzer +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
    Motivation (Killing Women)- A henpecked husband, Casper seeks revenge against all women.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 10 (62)

-Casper Whimpley was a henpecked husband who became a serial killer, targeting women (like most do) as The Killer Clown (this was based around John Wayne Gacy, who was quite well-known at the time for his killing of younger males). The Clown was foiled in his fourth murder attempt by Spider-Woman, followed her home (man, villains almost never try that) and attacked her roommate Lindsay McCabe thinking she was S.W. Jessica Drew soon joined the fight and drove him away, then trapped him finally at the hospital, when he tried to finish Lindsay off. Kind of a dumbass if he KEPT TRYING, y'know? He's a minor strangulation-based crook with some Clown Gimmicks (a Joy Buzzer, an Extendable Hand for punching at a distance, and a Jack-In-The-Box that shoots him up some distance), and managed to escape from Jessica Drew TWICE before she finally snagged him. Like any clown-themed guy who isn't The Joker or Jack-In-The-Box, he's pretty well forgotten.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 12-09-2014 at 03:06 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Gypsy Moth

That's, uh, quite the makeover, there.

GYPSY MOTH (Sybil Dvorak, aka Skein, Sybarite)
    Created By:
    Mark Gruenwald & Carmine Infantino
    First Appearance: Spider-Woman #10 (Jan. 1979)
    Role: Jobber Villain, Odd Power Lady
    Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil, The Femizons, The Night Shift, The Woman Warriors
    PL 8 (96)
    STRENGTH
    0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
    Acrobatics 4 (+8)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
    Deception 5 (+9, +11 Attractive)
    Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Ranged Combat (Psychokinesis Attacks) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
    Attractive, Defensive Roll, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Deception), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
    "Low-Level Psychokinesis"
    Snare 8 (Quirks: Requires Fabrics -2) (22) -- [26]
    • AE: "Disintegrate Materials" Blast 4 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Penetrating 10) Linked to Weaken Toughness 4 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects Only +0) (17)
      AE: "Close Off Windpipes" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (18)
      AE: Move Object 2 (Feats: Precise) (5)
      AE: "Heart-Valve Destruction" Blast 5 (Extras: Penetrating, Fortitude Check) (20)

Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Limited to While Wearing Wings, Winged) [2]

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
    Snare +8 (+8 Ranged Afflicton, DC 18)
    Windpipe Squeez +8 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
    Heart-Valve Attack +8 (+5 Ranged Fortitude Damage, DC 20)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
    Motivation (Hedonism)- Gypsy Moth is in it for kicks, money, and more kicks. She's formed hedonistic cults, hung out with celebrities, and murdered her husband for his money. She's also bisexual, and joined The Thunderbolts just to seduce Songbird (tragically, it didn't work).
    Reputation (Sluuuuuuut)- Sybil hits on pretty much whomever, and wears one of the sluttier costumes going.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 12 (96)

-Gypsy Moth is a VERY minor character, being a Spider-Woman villain who later came up against Captain America in the Superia Stratagem storyline, and briefly joined The Crimson Cowl's Masters of Evil. Her whole schtick was that she was a low-level telekinetic (able to carry a maximum of 120 pounds) who specialized in manipulating the molecules of fabric. This basically let her shred super-heroes' costumes, leaving them either half-nude or otherwise tripping them up, but she had a few other unique tricks as well, like giving people heart attacks by manipulating the smaller materials inside their bodies. She's actually reappeared a few times as "Skein" or "Sybarite" ("Gypsy" is considered an ethnic slur by the Roma people, but at least a "Gypsy Moth" is an actual animal), but still gets written off as a minor character. She briefly allied with Hawkeye's Thunderbolts after quitting the Masters, mainly "for kicks" and to make an attempt at seducing Songbird (!!!).

-Gypsy Moth has a very weird power-set that stats up rather oddly. She can unweave fabrics, or even the inner-workings of the human body (!), giving her a low-level form of Disintegration. She can also attack people's Fortitude directly (able to Penetrate inside human bodies- such as her late husband, where it's implied he met his end via an obstructed blood vessel). This matches with a low-level Move Object (only 120 lbs. maximum), the ability to close off windpipes like a Force-User would, or simply ensnare people in their own clothing (and unless she's fighting Iron Man, that's pretty much everybody).

-She's not overly powerful with most of her attacks- her Snare is by far the most effective, and she's not even particularly fast for a Flier, but she's rather effective in a team situation- Snares & distracting stuff like that are positively LETHAL when you can set up heroes for other people to hammer on in combat. So she's a VERY low-pointed PL 8, but PL 8 all the same. But it'll only take one shot from any half-decent hero to put this dame down for the count.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 12-09-2014 at 03:05 AM.

You know, despite having a fairly conservative costume (at least until her Skein days), Gypsy Moth seems like an even more blatant fetish character than others. "Hmm, we've got this host superheroine in a skintight costume . . . lets give her an opponent that can shred her costume at will and tie her up with the bits that are left over." Are we sure Claremont didn't create her? Because a woman that can undress you with her mind seems right up his alley.

OPA Belta

Sybil Dvorak is one of my favorite characters. I don't know why (well, okay, there are a few obvious reasons), but when I think of my favorite Thunderbolts moments, one that comes immediately to mind is when the Crimson Cowl is about to make her grand escape after setting up Plantman to wipe out a huge chunk of the superhuman population (seriously, Thunderbolts took so many lame characters and made them interesting), and suddenly poof, her outfit's gone. Skein struts in going "So I'm running away, and I realize, what am I scared of? I can telekinetically control fabric, and her stupid name is the Crimson Cowl!" It was paced perfectly and worked so well in the story.

She also has great taste in other women.

Plus, I always have a soft spot for the villains I think can be redeemed. You could even argue that her husband had it coming, considering her past (seduced by American movie star, taken back to the states, then essentially kept as a prisoner since she's an "illegal" and he refuses to marry her). She's worked with the good guys enough time to fight huge threats (I mean, seriously, Satannish?) that I'd love to see her get a full-on Melissa Gold treatment and finally decide that being "good" is more fun than being bad.

...even if she does bad -so well-.

Skein actually has the potential to be incredibly dangerous to the superhero community. Not because she's very deadly, but because she can easily unmask most heroes. You could just see some unscrupulous news team faking robberies to*draw out heroes while Skein waits in the shadows, then poof, no more mask. Identity blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    You know, despite having a fairly conservative costume (at least until her Skein days), Gypsy Moth seems like an even more blatant fetish character than others. "Hmm, we've got this host superheroine in a skintight costume . . . lets give her an opponent that can shred her costume at will and tie her up with the bits that are left over." Are we sure Claremont didn't create her? Because a woman that can undress you with her mind seems right up his alley.
    No, no, no. If it was Claremont she'd have the power to turn clothing into Bondage Gear.

Anyhow, despite reading Thudnerbolts and seeing her here and there, I honestly didn't know she was telekinetic. I thought she could just control cloth, like Yomiko Readman can just control Paper and similar products. Actually makes her more interesting, as it makes her one of the more finely controlled telekinetics I've seen in comics. Sure it makes her only a physical threat to street level characters by and large, but that's fine.

MCRN Admiral

Sadly, I've never heard of any of the super-pretentious RPGs y'all have described. I just remember White Wolf's penchant for flowery/all-knowing Goth Dialogue, and morose "You will die in the end" plot threads revolving around The Wyrm or whatever the Vampires call it. Though their Street Fighter II game was full of awesomely down-to-earth, goofy stuff.

Thunderbolts is a great example in how to properly use the villains that often get underutilized. The only unfortunate thing is a lot of the development the characters get there doesn't extend past the book (which is usually more of a forgotten B or C-League title, despite its quality).

MCRN Admiral

Hornet (Scotty McDowell)

HORNET I (Scotty McDowell)
    Created By:
    Michael Fleisher & Frank Springer
    First Appearance: Spider-Woman #21 (Dec. 1979)
    Role: Hero's Aide
    Group Affiliations: None
    PL 8 (120)
    STRENGTH
    8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Deception 4 (+5)
    Expertise (Criminologist) 5 (+8)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Investigation 5 (+8)
    Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages:
    Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
    "Hornet Powers"
    Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons) [1]
    Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
    "Bio-Stings" Blast 8 [16]

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Bio-Stings +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
    Disabled (Paraplegic)- Scotty's legs don't work in normal form.
    Normal Identity (Scotty McDowell)- Scotty is ST 0, STA 0, AGI -4, and FIGHTING 0.
    Relationship (Jessica Drew)- Scotty is in love with Jessica, but resentful that she only sees them as partners.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 5 (120)

-Scotty McDowell was a wheelchair-bound criminologist who helped out Spider-Woman on her cases for a while, but was soon kidnapped by Karl Malus, who injected him with Hornet DNA, turning him into a man-bug. This also made him an aggressive chauvinist, soon becoming evil and trying to kill Spider-Woman. Jessica, unwilling to hurt her friend, had a tough battle, but was able to flush the formula from Scotty's bloodstream. Scotty then revealed that his dislike towards her was real- he was in love with her, but felt that she didn't notice him. They didn't work together after that. As Superhero Supporting Cast Members go, he got off lucky. As a short-lived superhuman, he's only PL 8, but fairly well-balanced everywhere but his saves.