Page 1501 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 5011001140114511491149915001501150215031511 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,010 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Re: Jab's Builds!

Hahahahah, just for Ares: https://www.facebook.com/Overwaifus/

"But isn't Mercy like 40?"
    "Yeah, on a scale from 1 to 10"
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-16-2016 at 03:26 PM.

OPA Belta

John Byrne was SOOO frigging petty at that point...I mean, Jim Shooter was fired while Byrne's own career was still going strong. But he had to "burn Shooter in effigy", so to speak, by having the guy's author avatar accidentally kill a million people, then go on to become a raving psychopath who was also retroactively responsible for all sorts of other havoc due to his past/future timeline selves, AND destroy Shooter's (and my) hometown to boot! Then, he did a grade Z one-shot villain for DC ("Sunspot", who liked just about EXACTLY like the former Marvel EIC) who jobbed in an embarrassing fashion to GL Guy Garnder, blowing his own foot off in the process. Because, y'know, I'm sure THAT really hurt Shooter somehow.

And the Giffen thing...really self-indulgent. I mean, OK, HE doesn't like the character, but maybe lots of Legion fans/readers enjoyed Val Armorr/Karate Kid. I like him as a writer, liked him a LOT on LSH, but still...just give K-Kid a leave of absence or find a way to make him more interesting to write about.

All my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Hahahahah, just for Ares: https://www.facebook.com/Overwaifus/

"But isn't Mercy like 40?"
    "Yeah, on a scale from 1 to 10"
    Believe it! Make me Mercy and give me Pharah and a one-of-a-kind aerial date night. Mm-hmm!

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Lara Croft View Post
    Believe it! Make me Mercy and give me Pharah and a one-of-a-kind aerial date night. Mm-hmm!
    Mercy/Pharah? Include Zarya flexing her big muscles, while mocking the comparatively tiny size of mine, and you're describing my exact fantasy .
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-16-2016 at 05:58 PM.

MCRN Admiral

Marc Hazzard

MARC HAZZARD: MERC
    Created By:
    Archie Goodwin & Gray Morrow
    First Appearance: Marc Hazzard: Merc #1 (Oct. 2016)
    Role: Hard-Bitten Mercenary
    PL 8 (112)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+7)
    Deception 4 (+6)
    Expertise (Mercenary/Soldier) 8 (+10)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Intimidation 3 (+5)
    Investigation 4 (+7)
    Perception 4 (+7)
    Stealth 2 (+6)
    Technology 3 (+5)
    Treatment 3 (+5)
    Vehicles 1 (+7)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, Equipment 4 (Guns & Ammo), Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 17)
    Guns +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
    Relationship (Joan & Scotty- Ex-Wife & Son)- Joan, fed up with Marc's mercenary career, left him and married a lawyer.
    Responsibility (Only Good At One Thing)- Marc, who dealt for years with a disapproving father, has found that he's only #1 at one thing: combat.
    Enemy (Gordon)- Gordon married Joan after she & Marc divorced. Still feeling that Marc was a threat, Gordon arranged for his capture in Iraq.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (112)

-Among the least-interesting concepts of the New U was Marc Hazzard- a Vietnam veteran and mercenary. Archie Goodwin created the idea, but Peter David wrote the first four issues... at which point the trademark "Shuffling Creative Teams" that helped kill the New U reared their ugly heads. The book ended up cancelled after its first year. David's run had dealt with the main character's struggles between his family and his military career, while the successor, Doug Murray, focused almost entirely on Hazzard being a Mercenary. When the book was cancelled, Murray had the character killed in his final appearance, dying in the midst of strangling Gordon, his ex's new husband, to death after the man tried to have him killed in Iraq.

-Hazzard is an elite Mercenary in a more realistic universe, making him PL 8. He's sort of like a low-rent Frank Castle, essentially.

MCRN Admiral

Psi-Force

The characters were well-conceived and designed. As individuals and as a team, they worked very well in an X-Men-ish kind of way. Like an X-Men series, Psi-Force was about a team of ‘hunted and hounded’ superpowered young people who didn’t always get along, but when push came to shove were always there for each other. Those qualities may have been what readers found most familiar and relatable about them. Of course, Mark Texeira’s and Bob Hall’s art was exciting and set a powerful tone for the look and feel of the book.
    -Danny Fingeroth, writer of many issues

PSI-FORCE
    Created By:
    Archie Goodwin, Stephen Perry & Mark Texiera
    First Appearance: Psi-Force #1 (Oct. 2016)

-Psi-Force were a band of paranormals themed around "mental powers" of various types, and were very X-Men-like in their "we rebel against authority, and live in a world that fears and hates us" kind of thing, which makes them great characters to represent the teenagers of the world. Running for 33 issues in total, the book was one of the most popular of the New Universe despite having numerous creators take tursn in the early days- it even contains some of the very first comic book work of Fabian Nicieza (the major X-writer for much of the '90s, and the co-creator of the great New Warriors book) and Ron Lim (who would do more on Captain America and Silver Surfer, becoming Marvel's resident "Cosmic Guy".

-The group of paranormals (gathered by Emmett Proudhawk, who even before the White Event was trying to gather children with high ESP scores) could combined their mental powers to "Captain Planet" a guy named Psi-Hawk into existence. Proudhawk mentally-coerced many teens to join his squad, but was himself killed by a villain relatively quickly. Psi-Hawk had a magnified version of the combined powers of the entire Psi-Force. The group would rarely part- it turns out that one member leaving would soon either want to rejoin quickly, or the entire group would follow to their location. Psi-Hawk himself was destroyed in issue #24, but the team members survived.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-17-2016 at 03:23 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Psi-Hawk

PSI-HAWK
    Created By:
    Archie Goodwin, Stephen Perry & Mark Texiera
    First Appearance: Psi-Force #1 (Oct. 2016)
    Role: Summoned Creature
    PL 10 (168)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Intimidation 4 (+6)
    Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Fearless, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
    Variable 10 (Psionic Powers) (Flaws: Limited to the Powers of His Summoners) [60]

"TK Flight" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
    "TK Field" Force Field 6 [6]

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 17)
    TK Damage +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
    Explosions +10 Area (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
    Mind Control -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
    Push +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+10 TK Field), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
    Weakness (Creation)- Psi-Hawk usually needs to be created by at least five psionic paranormals (any less and he's much weaker), and gains only their powers.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 78 / Defenses: 13 (168)

-Psi-Hawk can be summond by the five members of Psi-Force, and it later turns out that others can add their own powers into him as well. His powers are basically the team's, but amplified. He could be a Summon of their own, but since he dies and then doesn't return for a while, I'm counting him as his own character, with a few limits (such as who summoned him).

From a Bio-Site:
    Any other powers the Psi-Hawk has access to depends entirely on who it is that is combining their minds and power to make him manifest in the physical plane.

* Healer's Powers: when Anastasia Inyushin is contributing to the composition of the Psi-Hawk, it has access to her Cure Disease, Detoxification, Healing / Self, Healing / Others, and Regeneration / Self parabilities, making it nigh-impossible to harm for long.

* Johnny Do's Powers: if he ever contributes to the generation of the Psi-Hawk, Johnny Do will lend that spectral gestalt his powers of Energy Generation and Control (fire), Flight, and Invulnerability to Fire and Heat, granting him overwhelming destructive might.

* Network's Powers: Wayne Tucker usually initiates Psi-Hawk's formation, granting it his Auscultation, Charm, Crowd and Mind Control, Linguistics, Macro Sense, Mesmerism, Mind Wipe, Psi Bolt, Psychic Invisibility and Probe, Sensory Distortion, and Telepathy abilities.

* Overtime's Powers: whenever Lindsey Falmon is contributing to the composition of the Psi-Hawk, it can make use of her Psychometry power, which also serves as a gateway for the use of Precognition and Sensory Link related to what she reads from an object.

* Salvo's Powers: though Johnny Do's powers are generally destructive, they simply don't hold a candle to Michael Crawley's. His power of Psychokinesis can destroy just about anything, and what it can't touch, his knack for Disintegration can.

* Sedara's Powers: if she ever lends her psychic and paranormal essence to the generation of the Psi-Hawk, Sedara can infinitely increase its effective range of motion. Her Portal and Dimensional Displacement parabilities mean there's nowhere she cannot reach.

* Shockwave's Powers: when Kathy Ling uses her psionic might to bolster the creation of the Psi-Hawk, it can make use of her Flight, Force Field, Force Blast, Kinetic Focus, and Telekinesis powers, some of which greatly augment his own, inherent abilities.

* Syphon's Powers: though he wasn't one of the initial creators of the Psi-Hawk, Thomas Boyd can readily lend his parability to him when necessary. This allows the Psi-Hawk to make use of Boyd's Adrenal Vampirism in addition to his melee prowess.

* Voyager's Powers: if the Psi-Hawk enjoys having the powers and psyche of Tyrone Jessup contributing to his existence, he develops the ability to transform his very body into electromagnetic energy, usually light. This may say something about the ultimate nature of Jessup's powers.

Protomolecule Host

Re: Psi-Force

BIG snip...

-The group of paranormals (gathered by Emmett Proudhawk, who even before the White Event was trying to gather children with high ESP scores) could combined their mental powers to "Captain Planet" a guy named Psi-Hawk into existence. Proudhawk mentally-coerced many teens to join his squad, but was himself killed by a villain relatively quickly. Psi-Hawk had a magnified version of the combined powers of the entire Psi-Force. The group would rarely part- it turns out that one member leaving would soon either want to rejoin quickly, or the entire group would follow to their location. Psi-Hawk himself was destroyed in issue #24, but the team members survived.
    It's interesting that you mention Captain Planet, considering that three or four of those kids even look like the Planeteers. Make you wonder if Ted Turner read a couple issues of Psi-Force and thought it would make a great idea for a cartoon...

(As one of the few people who liked Captain Planet and the Planeteers, I felt the need to interject. Carry on.)

OPA Belta

Wait... since when did Jab start doing variable?

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Wait... since when did Jab start doing variable?
    I do that for Wish Granters, Weapon Summoners, Mimics, Nico Minoru from the Runaways, and it's buried in the build of almost every single Cosmic Being I've built, to explain away their random power crap. Also sometimes when I just don't care. So I use it plenty. Hell, I probably use it more than every other poster here (but only through attrition) .