Page 1491 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 4919911391144114811489149014911492149315011541 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,910 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Kruel

KRUEL (Vic Krueller)
    Created By:
    Daniel G. Chichester & Alexandra Jubran
    First Appearance: Daredevil #338 (March 1995)
    Role: Dick Tracy Villain
    Group Affiliations: The Kingpin's Organization
    PL 7 (94)
    STRENGTH
    4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 3 (+6)
    Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+10)
    Insight 1 (+4)
    Intimidation 5 (+7)
    Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
    Enemy (The Kingpin)
    Motivation (Revenge)

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (94)

-Kruel came about in the awful, awful 1990s run of Daredevil, by some writer I've never heard of. He's a bit of a Retcon Character, established as having been an employee of the Kingpin who was caught "skimming" off of Wilson Fisk's enterprises. Fisk sent his henchmen after Kruel, viciously beating him and leaving him for dead. He reappears, hideously deformed like a character in Dick Tracy, "years later", desperate for revenge against both the Kingpin, and some people at a diner who refused to help him when he was attempting to flee his attackers. He attacked several people, but Daredevil intervented- Kruel ended up falling to his death. This whole stupid story involves him killing another of Matt Murdock's "Disposable Girlfriends", who at this point had left him for Foggy Nelson (!!), and a flashback that actually doesn't make sense, because it involves three characters whose backstories (Karen Page the struggling actress, Foggy the law student, Glorianna the new immigrant) don't match up at any given moment, especially with a young Kingpin like in the story. The entire thing was written by Daniel Chichester under the infamous pseudonym "Alan Smithee", usually taken by directors who wish to remove their names from shameful projects.

-Kruel is more of a one-off that managed to die in one of the first things he ever did, so I'm thinking he's not that great. He apparently has a good deal of "Berserker Strength", but I'll call that an affectation of his combat style.

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Seeing how my state's Electoral College votes are already bought and paid for... I wasn't the one who threw my vote away.

MCRN Admiral

Kylun

KYLUN (Colin McKay)
    Created By:
    Chris Claremont & Alan Davis
    First Appearance: Excalibur #2 (child), #43 (Oct. 1992- adult)
    Role: Sucky Power Guy, Swordfighter
    Country of Origin: Scotland (adopted home- Ee'rath)
    Group Affiliations: Excalibur, The Netherworlders
    PL 9 (131), PL 10 (131) vs. Magic
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Acrobatics 7 (+12)
    Athletics 4 (+7)
    Close Combat (Swords) 1 (+12)
    Insight 3 (+6)
    Intimidation 3 (+4)
    Perception 4 (+7)
    Persuasion 5 (+6)
    Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack, Follow-Up Strike, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Swords) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Set-Up, Takedown, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Mutant Powers: Duplicated Any Sound Heard, Leonine Form"

"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

"Mimicking Sounds He's Heard"
    Illusion (Hearing) 10 (Flaws: Limited to Sounds He's Heard) [5]
    "Lione's Roar" Enhanced Skills 4 & Advantages 1: Intimidation 4 (+8) & Startle [3]
    Features 1: Mimicry- +10 to Deception/Perform to Convince Audience Sounds are Real [1]

"The Blades of Zz'ryia" (Flaws: Easily Removable -2) [20]
    Nullify 10 (Magical Effects) (Extras: Simultaneous- All Magical Effects, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (30) -- (32 points)
    • AE: "Blade" Strength-Damage +3/+5 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 12) (Flaws: Damage 3 & Pen. 8 only against non-Magical) (13)
    • AE: Deflect 12 (Extras: Reflection +2) (Flaws: Limited to Magical Attacks) (24)

Offense:
    Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Swords +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Swords vs. Magic +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +5

Defenses:
    Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
    Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- With light brown fur all over his body, and cat-like eyes, Colin cannot pass for human.
    Relationship (Sat'neen)- Kylun was engaged to his dimension's version of Saturnyne, but she died fighting Necrom.
    Enemy (Necrom)- See above. Necrom was THE Big Bad of Kylun's world.
    Power Loss (Swords)- Kylun's Swords will do no damage to those pure of heart or non-evil- the Swords will merely pass right through the target.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 15 (131)

-Kylun came fairly late into Claremont's run on Excalibur, and was gone before too long, making him one of those forgotten characters that is likely to get left off of nearly any list you can think of. He's a leonine-looking guy with Anti-Magic Swords, with one of those token "this is a silly add-on" powers. "Echoing any sound he's heard" is kind of neat in that "not every mutant power is gonna be cool, you know" way, but really makes him seem like a gag character. Like fellow teammate Cerise, he hasn't made a speaking appearance in about TWENTY YEARS, which is insane for an X-Character.

-Kylun hails from "Ee'rath", a fantasy-ish version of our Earth (remember, Excalibur was a book about world-hopping), and was raised by a wizard in order to combat the evil Necrom. Necrom kill thousands, but Kylun eventually leads an army that chases the villain to a dimensional portal- with Kylun's beloved dying thanks to Necrom, he willingly follows his enemy to Earth-616, and quickly joins up with Excalibur to start the "Necrom Arc" that dominated the later "Alan Davis Years" of the book. Kylun helped in the battle, but it was Rachel "Phoenix" Summers that slew Necrom. He stuck around in the Excalibur book for a bit, but the book was cancelled in the mid-1990s to allow for the reunion of numerous X-Men characters to the "main books" (such as Kitty Pryde & Nightcrawler), and he basically disappeared with it. He last appeared for realz during the wedding of Captain Britain & Meggan, but hasn't shown up in any subsequent books.

-Kylun, like most substandard X-Characters, can get PL 9 and like it, with the bonus that he does extra damage to magic characters, which isn't a bad trade. He's a good Weapon Master type of build with some side effects, and the Features power (I was gonna go with a Limited Illusion, but Ultimate Power literally describes his exact power under "Features"). Since I've never seen an appearance by him, I had to go by Tattooed Man's build and my Marvel Cards/Wikipedia. Oddly, the Cards give his Strength as "3", which is between 800 lbs and 3 tons, but I see no other evidence of him having Super-Strength. He's good with the Blades (+12 Accuracy to +6 Damage), can modify most of his caps, and he can kick some ass, despite being low-powered for his team.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-11-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Small deet about Kylun... I don`t think the mimicry power was quite that weak... he could (and did) do a few sound impersonations that included loads of volume. It`s more of an Illusion than simple sound mimicry.

That, and I think the Power Loss is not really a complication IMO... its more of an Uncontrolled/ Selective Flaw/Extra to me... I can`t really see him getting a hero point from it. He appears on 616, fights Nightcrawler and the fight stops when the sword goes through Kurt`s neck without harming him... both are confused, but I don`t think that Kylun should get a HP for essentially attacking a good guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Small deet about Kylun... I don`t think the mimicry power was quite that weak... he could (and did) do a few sound impersonations that included loads of volume. It`s more of an Illusion than simple sound mimicry.

That, and I think the Power Loss is not really a complication IMO... its more of an Uncontrolled/ Selective Flaw/Extra to me... I can`t really see him getting a hero point from it. He appears on 616, fights Nightcrawler and the fight stops when the sword goes through Kurt`s neck without harming him... both are confused, but I don`t think that Kylun should get a HP for essentially attacking a good guy...
    Yeah, Kylun could do a few cool stunts with his vocal mimicry-his best being an almost deafening roar, though he could also duplicate voices perfectly enough to fool electronic security systems, or startle opponents with a frightening animal growl.

He definitely did NOT have superhuman strength, speed, or regeneration-I remember his Excalibur appearances, and he explicitly states his ONLY abilities are mimicry and minor enhanced senses, aside from his leonine appearance. His athletic abilities and fighting skill were all from training, having grown up fast on a dangerous, rather primitive alternate world.

Kylun was one of those comic book heroes who was just an unqualified good guy, devoted to battling evil and protecting innocent people, kind-hearted and optimistic despite a difficult life. But yeah-he's likely never to be revived...though if Marvel actually brought back Crystar and the Crystal Warriors, who knows?

OPA Belta

Kylun actually originates from 616 Scotland, as a child he was accidentally sent through a extra-dimensional portal by Widget. He'd aged ten years even though only a year had past on Earth.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by greycrusader View Post
    Yeah, Kylun could do a few cool stunts with his vocal mimicry-his best being an almost deafening roar, though he could also duplicate voices perfectly enough to fool electronic security systems, or startle opponents with a frightening animal growl.

He definitely did NOT have superhuman strength, speed, or regeneration-I remember his Excalibur appearances, and he explicitly states his ONLY abilities are mimicry and minor enhanced senses, aside from his leonine appearance. His athletic abilities and fighting skill were all from training, having grown up fast on a dangerous, rather primitive alternate world.

Kylun was one of those comic book heroes who was just an unqualified good guy, devoted to battling evil and protecting innocent people, kind-hearted and optimistic despite a difficult life. But yeah-he's likely never to be revived...though if Marvel actually brought back Crystar and the Crystal Warriors, who knows?
    I thought I remembered someone telling me that his powers weren't quite on the level of "Illusion", and that "Mimicry" (which basically looks like it was included solely to replicate Kylun's power, as it's the only one like it I've seen in comics) would do, but I can't find it in my archives. I'll throw in Limited Illusion and Startle, then.

Kylun actually originates from 616 Scotland, as a child he was accidentally sent through a extra-dimensional portal by Widget. He'd aged ten years even though only a year had past on Earth.
    Yup- I noted "Ee'rath" as his adopted home under "Country of Origin". "Hails from" simply says where he live/d.

Agreed on essentially normal strength... I base my own mimicry vs illusion on said roar and his ability mi IC not only the voice but volume of a sentinel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

MCRN Admiral

Kree Sentries

KREE SENTRY #459
    Created By:
    Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
    First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #64 (July 1967)
    Role: Early Warning System, Kill-O-Bot
    Group Affiliations: The Kree Empire
    PL 10 (120)
    STRENGTH
    11 STAMINA -- AGILITY -1
    FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
    Expertise (Space Civiliations) 10 (+10)

Advantages:
    Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
    "Kill-O-Bot"
    Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
    Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 11) [9]
    Energy Blast 12 (Feats: Variable 2- Energy Types) [26]
    "Sensory Powers" Senses 13 (Life Detection- Acute, Analytical, Radius & Ranged 2; Energy Detection- Analytical, Radius & Ranged 2) [13]

"Giant Size" Growth 4 (Str & Toughness +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]

Offense:
    Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
    Energy Blasts +8 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
    Initiative -1

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
    Vulnerable (Electrical & Magnetic Attacks)f

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 87 / Defenses: 9 (120)

-I've always had a fair bit of hatred for the Kree Sentries. Which is funny- they're not really CHARACTERS, and they don't do anything in the stories. But I think maybe THAT's why I hate them after all! Every "Kree Sentry" tale is identical: the heroes come across something, it comes to life as a robot, then fights them, then they destroy it or shut it down while it relays a message to its Kree superiors. And yet, every form of Marvel media seems to have to start off with a FULL EPISODE of this generic Kill-O-Bot nonsense! I've seen it in the comics, in the awful Fantastic Four anime-style series, and I've seen it in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Villains who can't think, emote, gloat or snark are pointless. The very existence of a Kree Sentry in a story almost guarantees boredom and lameness... in this sense, they're oddly prescient of Marvel's OTHER Sentry!

-The first Sentry found was #459, who fought the Fantastic Four when they interupted its monitoring of the Inhumans. This was the debut of the Kree in Marvel Comics- a NEW alien race, and counterpoint to the Skrulls. After the FF deactivate it, it is brought to Cape Canaveral, where Kree Col. Yon-Rogg turns it back on in order to fight Captain Mar-Vell. It fights Mar-Vell one more time before its reactivated (WILL SOMEONE JUST BREAK THIS GODDAMN THING?!?) by the Super-Adaptoid in the Heavy Metal arc of Roger Stern's Avengers run. Much later on, it appears in Blackwulf (a REALLY '90s-style series set in the future), where it is destroy in the series finale.

-Other Kree Sentries include #9168 (a six-foot-tall one who prevents travelers from finding the Kree city on the Blue Area of the Moon- it is destroyed via a remote destruct device), #213 (sentried on the planet Uranus, where its destruction at the hands of the Eternals led to a war with the Kree), #372 (damaged by the West Coast Avengers after fighting the Shi'ar Imperial Guard) and #571 (aided the "Lunatic Legion" of the Kree on Earth, but was destroyed by Iron Man).

459 also appeared in season 2 of the FF's 90's cartoon.still a mostly generic kill-o-bot, but capable of speech, explaining what it was, and why the FF had to die even though "I bear You no malice"