AXEL- Guy Trapped Between Two Giant Wheels
Role: Odd Vehicle
Driver: Axel, a man trapped in a machine by his own father, whom he seeks to confront.
Baseline Stats: Large Size, Strength 3, Defense 10, Toughness 10 (15)
Movement: Speed 5 (60 mph) (5)
Features: Oil Slicks, Tire Spikes (2)
"Homing Missile" Blast 7 (Feats: Accurate, Homing 2, Ricochet 2) (19) -- (26)
- AE: "Special- Supernova Shockwave" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Requires Rare Power-Ups) (10)
- AE: "Machine Gun" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (15)
- AE: "Fire Missile" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate) (17)
- AE: "Power Missile" Blast 10 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Require Rare Power-Ups) (16)
- AE: "Drop Mines" Damage 9 (Feats: Triggered- Driving Over) (10)
- AE: "Rear Flame" Damage 7 (Feats: Indirect- From Behind) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (15)
- AE: "Freeze Missiles" Snare 7 (Flaws: Require Rare Power-Ups) (14)
Total Cost: Stats: 15 / Movement: 5 / Features: 2 / Weapons: 26 (50 Equipment Points)
-Axel is the most ridiculous character of Twisted Metal 2, but maybe the most distinctive. He's a bald black guy whose arms have been permanently trapped between two giant wheels by someone (who turns out ot be his own father)! This leaves him one of the few guys worse off than Barrage of the Dark Riders, or Razor-Fist. Not only that, but his very presence kind of renders the proportions of the game all wonky- see, the game features a lot of pedestrians you can indiscriminantly kill, right? But they're all depicted at a certain height, much smaller than that of the vehicles. And so Axel, who is a NORMAL HUMAN BEING, looks bizarre when standing next to one of these pedestrians as he's clearly two or three times taller than they are, as his character needs to be highly-visible on-screen!