Page 1423 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 42392313231373141314211422142314241425143314731523 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,230 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Rosie O'Donnell's Hotter Sister

QUEEN PULSATING, BLOATED, FESTERING, SWEATY, PUS-FILLED, MALFORMED, SLUG-FOR-A-BUTT
    Role:
    Evil Queen
    PL 10 (148)
    STRENGTH
    4 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 0
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Deception 6 (+7)
    Expertise (Space Royalty) 8 (+11)
    Intimidation 7 (+10)
    Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
    "Slug Butt" Movement 1 (Slitherig) [2]
    "Ovipositor" Summon Insectoids 2 (Extras: 16 Minions +8, Active) [20]
    Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]

"Evil Wand" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [10]
    Blast 8 (16 points)

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Evil Wand +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +7

Complications:
    Enemy (Earthworm Jim)
    Enemy (Princess What's-Her-Name)- Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt's twin sister was born a deformed atrocity, and was exiled for it. She has since led a rebellion against the Queen.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 19 (148)

-The Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt (you have to say the whole thing; the show ALWAYS did) is the Big Bad of the Jim games and TV show. She's the twin sister of Princess What's-Her-Name, who had the misfortune to be born with a hideously-deformed body- wide-hipped, tiny waisted, long-haired, doe-eyed and with these two large fatty deposits on her upper torso. These horrible flaws led to the Princess being exiled, while the Queen ruled a huge chunk of space. She's mostly PL 9, but hits PL 9.5 defensively- a greater danger is probably the ton of Insectoids she can produce, one at a time.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 09-05-2016 at 06:25 PM.

MCRN Admiral

Warhawk

In 1995, these were like, the best graphics could get.

WARHAWK:
    Game Type: Flight Combat Simulation
    Release Date: 1995
    Developer: SingleTrac

-Warhawk is forgotten nowadays, but back in 1995, it was one of the most hyped games for the PlayStation- I remember putting it on my list of "Games To Get" for that system, almost entirely due to the amazing screenshots seen. However, finally playing part of it on the PS-X Demo Disk, I was... kinda bored. Really, it was just you slowly flying around, doing whatever, with not a lot of real combat going on- a Flight Sim with a handful of combat elements (you blow up enemy tanks and aircraft, as well as robots & gun emplacements). Not really my thing, and I never played the actual game itself.

WARHAWK SHIP
    Role: Lone Warship

Baseline Stats: Gargantuan Size, Strength 13, Defense 10, Toughness 13 (22)
    Movement: Flight 9 (18)

Weapons:
    "Lock-Ons" Blast 12 (Feats: Homing 4, Ricochet 2) (Extras: Penetrating 10) (40) -- (42)
    • AE: "Rockets" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (30)
    • AE: "Multi-Fire Swarmers" Blast 12 (Extras: Multiattack) (36)

Total Cost: Stats: 22 / Movement: 18 / Features: 0 / Weapons: 42 (82 Equipment Points)

-The Warhawk ship is heavily-armed, and ready to go against "Kreel", the dictator with his vast armies. The ship itself is piloted by Hatch & Walker as a team.

MCRN Admiral

Snatcher

SNATCHER:
    Game Type: Detective Graphic Adventure Game
    Release Date: 1988-94
    Developer: Konami

-Another in the long list of "Games I Was Interested In, But Never Played" was Snatcher, largely thanks to the Strategy Guide that appeared in Game Players Magazine, detailing various story elements, as well as all of the good GORY bits for this Sega CD game.

-Snatcher is a cyberpunk/futuristic-themed Noir Graphic Adventure game written by Hideo Kojima (even if you didn't recognize the name, the fact that the main character's Robot Sidekick is named "Metal Gear" should clue you in). It was actually released on PC platforms in 1988, but the PC Engine CD-ROM got one in 1992, and the Sega CD version (which is the only one *I* ever knew existed) two years after that. You play Gillian Seed, a hard-boiled, flirtacious detective who has to solve a series of grisly murders (I mean, you see a guy's HEAD RIPPED OFF) that are being committed by a bunch of human-looking robots called "Snatchers" (naturally, this takes a huge amount of stuff from Blade Runner). Naturally, it's a Post-Apocalyptic World, as a biological catastrophe in Russia has killed 50% of the world's population a couple generations earlier.

-Naturally, as it was a Sega CD game based around hardcore strategy, it wasn't a strong seller outside of Japan (the fact that it was released in North American just as the peripheral was given the axe made it only sell around a couple of thousand units!). It did, however, become a cult classic, to the point that TV Tropes has a page called "Replicant Snatcher", combining the names that this and Blade Runner attributed to human-looking androids. It takes place from a First-Person perspective, but instead of just shooting, you investigate clues, questions suspects & witnesses, and more. His little robot assistant Metal Gear can place calls, or save your spot. And just in case you think that's too dull, there are SHOOTING SEQUENCES, where you have to gun down adversaries using Konami's "Lightgun" peripheral!

-The Wikipedia page is actually enormously in-depth and helpful as to the main plot, even including what is practically a GameFaqs description of where to go and what to do. There are numerous twists and turns (your Bounty Hunter ally is linked to the Main Villain, various people were "Snatchers All Along", and the fact that your boss's first name and your engineer's last name are both "Benson" becomes a plot point).

GILLIAN SEED
    Role:
    Hard-Boiled Future Detective, Deckard Rip-Off, Giant Flirt, Ephebophile (look it up)
    PL 8 (117)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 6
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+6)
    Deception 7 (+10)
    Expertise (Streetwise) 7 (+10)
    Insight 2 (+6)
    Investigation 8 (+12)
    Perception 5 (+9)
    Persuasion 2 (+5)
    Stealth 4 (+8)
    Technology 3 (+6)
    Vehicles 2 (+8)

Advantages:
    Equipment 5 (Blaster +6, Motorcycle), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Blaster), Minion 6 (Metal Gear), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Blaster +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
    Responsibility (Amnesiac)
    Responsibility (J.U.N.K.E.R.)- Gillian is part of an Anti-Snatcher task force.
    Relationship (Jamie Seed)- Gillian's also-amnesiac wife, who works in pharmaceuticals, and left him since she couldn't remember marrying him in the first place.
    Relationship (Katrina Gibson)- An "eighteen-year-old" model and daughter of another agent (who dies in the opening bit of the game). Naturally, in Japan, she was FOURTEEN, making the player's option to flirt with her, and her nude shower scene in the original Japanese game OH MY GOD NO.
    Relationship (Harry Benson)- The designer of Metal Gear, and head engineer of J.U.N.K.E.R. He looks a bit older than the others, and kind of just wanted friends.
    Relationship (Random Hajile)- A Bounty Hunter out to collect rewards for killing Snatchers, Random decides to tail Gillian, and frequently helps him out.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 15 (117)

-Gillian is a good detective and a good shot, but is decidedly "human" in a world where killer robots can attack you- even one or two Snatchers can be the end of him.

METAL GEAR
    Role:
    Robot Buddy
    PL 3 (81)
    STRENGTH
    -3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
    FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Expertise (Current Events) 6 (+8)
    Sleight of Claw Thingie 4 (+4)

Advantages:
    Eidetic Memory

Powers:
    "Tiny Robot"
    Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
    Protection 2 [2]

"Forensic Analyzer" Senses 4 (Analytical Vision, Direction Sense, Infravision) [4]
    Features 2: Videophone, Storage Compartment [2]
    "CommLink" Communication 2 (Electronics) [8]

"Tiny Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 foot) [17]
    (-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Offense:
    Unarmed +0 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
    Initiative +0

Defenses:
    Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
    Reputation (Coward)- Metal Gear can become paralyzed with fear at inopportune moments.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 63 / Defenses: 2 (81)

-Gillian's Navigator is Metal Gear (named for another Konami franchise, though there's comments in-universe that mention that the walking tank from Metal Gear Solid is in fact a real thing in their history (please make this canon to MGS)! Metal Gear talks in a cute, high-pitched voice, and is generally used as Exposition ("Insektors are spider-like robots used by Snatchers as security") or to help you find things. An Eidetic Memory easily helps him direct you around, plus he's got some good Senses and a Videophone (handy for communicating with other characters).

Re: Jab's Builds!

Man, sex-related behaviors and attitudes in Japan can be pretty creepy to western sensibilities. I was gonna comment about Japan's super low age of consent, but as it turns out it is not as lenient nor as simple as I thought

Anyway, at first I thought the girl in the picture was the teenage you speak about in the description and I was like "well, that redhead certainly doesn't look 14 anyway, the US version makes more sense". As it turns out the teen is actually a blue-haired and much more teen-looking girl.

The redhead is Isabella Velvet, "an award-winning film actress who also works as a dancer at the Outer Heaven night club", because apparently in the future award-winning film actresses need to supplement their income dancing half-naked in seedy* nightclubs XD

*There are dudes openly holding large firearms and wearing those bullet-belts across their body in there!

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    The redhead is Isabella Velvet, "an award-winning film actress who also works as a dancer at the Outer Heaven night club", because apparently in the future award-winning film actresses need to supplement their income dancing half-naked in seedy* nightclubs
    There are film actresses who dance more nakedly in nightclubs. It doesn't say what kind of film, or what kind of award. Take a look at the Wikipedia page for Sunny Lane for a list of her awards for her film and dancing work.

OPA Belta

Re: Snatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post

SNATCHER:
    Looks like her snatcher is barely covered by that thong.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Man, sex-related behaviors and attitudes in Japan can be pretty creepy to western sensibilities. I was gonna comment about Japan's super low age of consent, but as it turns out it is not as lenient nor as simple as I thought

Anyway, at first I thought the girl in the picture was the teenage you speak about in the description and I was like "well, that redhead certainly doesn't look 14 anyway, the US version makes more sense". As it turns out the teen is actually a blue-haired and much more teen-looking girl.

The redhead is Isabella Velvet, "an award-winning film actress who also works as a dancer at the Outer Heaven night club", because apparently in the future award-winning film actresses need to supplement their income dancing half-naked in seedy* nightclubs XD

*There are dudes openly holding large firearms and wearing those bullet-belts across their body in there!
    Fun fact: the seedy nightclub's patrons are all Konami game characters- Simon Belmont, Dracula and SPARKSTER are all seen in the crowd!

And yeah, the teen girl does LOOK young- just not THAT young. Especially weird is that the original game features her nude backside, while the Sega CD covered that up with Gillian's head (there's also another scene where a dead Snatcher's breasts are exposed which was excised). And then she walks out of the bathroom with only a towel (which is somehow tight enough to allow her nipples to be "poking" from underneath), meekly apologizing for using Gillian's shower. And she's supposed to be FOURTEEN YEARS OLD.

Kenn: Your awful "Dad Jokes" are causing severe wounding to my soul. You're one of those guys who still goes "if it doesn't scan- it's free!" to cashiers, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!?

Hey Jab, is this guy familiar to you at all?
    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Protomolecule Host Varedasite Kogasumi's Avatar

When you see the redhead woman, the correct answer is: "Do Something"
    "I warned you not to mess with the timeline, Barry" - Harryson Wells (Flash Season
    "I am not fighting pops, I standing up for something" - Wildcat III (Kingdom Come)
    "Give me a sword, I'll win this war for you." - Madmartigan (Willow, movie)
    You are Australian. We're impossible to kill - Frederick Bishop (Battlefield 1)

MCRN Admiral

Comm. Keen

COMMANDER KEEN:
    Game Type: Side-Scrolling Action Platformer
    Release Date: 1990
    Developer: id Software

-I have absolutely no idea what this is- I've never even HEARD of it! Some research reveals why: it's a computer game from 1990. Numerous "episodes" (discs, I guess) were created by the precursor to id Software- John Romero himself (later a famous gaming personality, owing to his distinctive ultra-long hair and the creation of Doom was one of the designers, and they made their game while working at another company, then split off. The graphics max out around "Shitty NES Game" in quality, but a 2001 game (ten years after the most recent) for the Game Boy Advance was a bit higher-end. All in all, they look pretty... blah... compared to something you'd see on a Console. Computers didn't seem to leap over Consoles by this point- this game is like 1/8th the speed of an NES game, and just involves simple hopping and laser blasts against sparse enemies.

COMMANDER KEEN (Billy Blaze)
    Role:
    Boy Hero
    PL 7 (105)
    STRENGTH
    0 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 5 (+5)
    Close Combat (Stomp) 2 (+8)
    Deception 4 (+6)
    Expertise (Science) 6 (+13)
    Stealth 1 (+5)
    Technology 8 (+15)

Advantages:
    Equipment 8 (Raygun +5, Pogo Stick- Leaping 1, Spaceship), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Raygun), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
    "Mario Stomp" Strength-Damage +3 [3]
    Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
    Stomp +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Raygun +9 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
    Secret (Identity)- Billy hides his identity as Commander Keen from others.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 16 (105)

-The game looks very simplistic- a platformer on a COMPUTER would pretty much have to be, especially in 1990. As such, I made Commander Keen himself at about PL 7.