Page 1421 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 42192113211371141114191420142114221423143114711521 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,210 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

Protomolecule Host Varedasite Kogasumi's Avatar

Re: Jab's Builds!

Comix Zone: incredibly hard from the nineties
    another famous games: Legacy of Sorasil, Ishar 3, Dark Legions... Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter - you make it !
    "I warned you not to mess with the timeline, Barry" - Harryson Wells (Flash Season
    "I am not fighting pops, I standing up for something" - Wildcat III (Kingdom Come)
    "Give me a sword, I'll win this war for you." - Madmartigan (Willow, movie)
    You are Australian. We're impossible to kill - Frederick Bishop (Battlefield 1)

OPA Belta

You just reminded me of Sanity: Aiken's Artifact with Ice-T doing the voice acting for the main character, a psychic police officer. I don't think that I got past the first two levels.

MCRN Admiral

The Simpsons Arcade Game

THE SIMPSONS:
    Game Type: Side-Scrolling Beat 'Em Up
    Release Date: 1991
    Developer: Konami

-This game holds a special place in my heart- in my childhood, at the absolute PEAK of my juvenile Simpsons obsession (my mother wouldn't let us watch it, so I had to find a trailer trash friend whose parents didn't care WHAT he saw, and watch it with HIM!), I saw this beautiful, hideous arcade game at what was probably a Chuck E. Cheese's (which would had to have been in Calgary, because Red Deer never had one). Made by the illustrious Konami, this was a simple cash-grab at one of the hottest products on TV at the time, but was surprisingly well-made, going with the standard Beat 'Em Up format, and having the four primary Simpson family members set out to rescue Maggie from the evil Mr. Burns. I was FASCINATED by this thing, and I recall watching someone actually finish the thing- one of the few times I'd ever seen someone actually get all the way to the end of a video game before. Having seen it played more recently, it's clear the graphics are hideous and the noises are abhorrent, but for a time, this was a Holy Grail of Gaming to me. It's ridiculously dated to the earliest season of the show, however- Bart has a BLUE shirt, the enemies are mostly generic nothings (the show hadn't added enough characters to make proper villains yet), Barney has blond hair, and characters like Bleeding Gums Murphy and the Dancing Girls are prominent. I actually don't recall if I ever played the game, oddly enough.

-Simpsons-related video games have been... iffy... in the past. A few were amusing, but for the most part they were often much too hard, very ugly, and focus a lot of Mini-Games versus any kind of consistent effort. Virtual Bart was kind of a mess (you could play a Dinosaur Bart, among other things). But Bart vs. The World was one I watched played at my friend Paul's house for a birthday party- after he'd moved away from his house down the street from mine, I hung out with him and his new school friends, watching this ugly little game with some slapstick humor... and maybe it was our ages at the time, but the Itchy & Scratchy level, which consists of the two just assaulting you with hammers, made us ROAR with laughter, in the way that only young kids who love violent slapstick can laugh at something.

-These builds basically take my old Simpsons builds and modify them with an upgrade to Beat 'Em Up Fighter status, though I reduce it to PL 7. Bart, Lisa & Marge use weapons, while unarmed Homer is the strongest and toughest. They can beat up the various Goons Smithers & Burns send against them, but the plutonium-powered Robot Suit Mr. Burns wears would probably make him a lethal adversary.

(The friends are out bowling, and Lenny & Carl immediately write their names as POO and ASS)
    Lenny: "Hey, Homer! What dirty nickname do you want?"
    Homer: "Are POO and ASS taken?"

"To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- ALL of life's problems!"

HOMER JAY SIMPSON
    First Appearance:
    "The Tracey Ullman Show" (1987)
    Played By: Dan Castellaneta
    Role: The Boorish Dad, Jerk-Ass, The Alcoholic, The Dumbass
    PL 7 (131)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Acrobatics 3 (+2)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
    Deception 5 (+5)
    Expertise (Nuclear Safety Inspector) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Account Executive) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Acting) 1 (+1)
    Expertise (Singing) 10 (+10) -- Flaws: Limited to Barbershop or While Lying Down
    Expertise (Soldier) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Agent) 5 (+3)
    Expertise (Astronaut) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Asking Man at Product Demonstrations) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Attack Dog Trainer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Baby Proofer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Bartender) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Beef Jerky Maker) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Blackjack Dealer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Bodyguard) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Bootlegger/Smuggler) 8 (+6)
    Expertise (Bowling) 5 (+5) -- Uses Dexterity
    Expertise (Bounty Hunter) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Butler) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Candle Maker) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Art) 2 (+0)
    Expertise (Carny) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Chauffer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Child Caretaker) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Chief of Police) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Little League Coach) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Cook) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Con Artist/Grifter) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Convenience Store Clerk) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Curling) 8 (+8) -- Uses Dexterity
    Expertise (Salesman- Love Tonic, Knives, Springs & Sugar) 3 (+2)
    Expertise (Deacon) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Farmer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Film Critic) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Film Producer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Fireman) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Fishing) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Food Critic) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Foot Locker) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Fortune Cookie Writer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Business) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Garbage Commissioner) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Grease Collector) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Prison Guard) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Hairdresser) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Internet Service Provider) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Mall Santa) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Marriage Counselor) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Mattresses) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Manure) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Mayor) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Mini-Golf) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Music) 8 (+7)
    Expertise (Religion) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Monorail Conductor) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Mob Boss) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Mountain Climber) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Naval Officer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Oil Rigs) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Football Team Owner) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Quiz Master) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Public Speaker/Spokesperson) 1 (+0)
    Expertise (Paparazzo) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Personal Assistant) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Roadie) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Referee) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Rollercoasters) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Sanitation Commissioner) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Plows) 4 (+3)
    Expertise (Silhouette Model) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Sprawl-Mart Greeter) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Talk Show Host) 1 (+1)
    Expertise (TV Producer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Telemarketer) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Town Crier) 1 (+1)
    Expertise (Union Leader) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Computers) 1 (-1)
    Expertise (Writer) 1 (-1)
    Intimidation 3 (+2)
    Persuasion 4 (+3)
    Technology 1 (-1)

Advantages:
    "Why You Little...!" Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Inventor, Ranged Attack 8, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Homer Simpson Syndrome"
    Regeneration 2 [2]
    Enhanced Advantages 1: Ultimate Toughness Save [1]

"Almighty Fatass"
    "Wall of Fat" Protection 3 (Last 2 Ranks Limited to Shots to the Stomach) [2]
    Immunity 1 (Overeating) [1]
    Quickness 2 (Flaws: Limited to Eating) [1]

"Hyper-Polyglot" Comprehend 2 (Speak & Understand Languages) (Flaws: Must Hear Them For a While First) [2]

"Simpson Family Team-Up Power" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Area Traveled, Source- Other Simpson Family Member) [4]

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Simpson Family Team-Up Power +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 Fat, +6 Shots to the Stomach) , Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
    Relationship (Marge Simpson, Wife)- Homer gladly takes his wife for granted, often being careless with her feelings. However, he considers her the most important person in his life, and quickly comes to horribly regret anything he does that upsets or hurts her. No matter how attractive (or perfect) a woman is, and while he will openly-drool over any of them, he is unable to leave Marge for any of them- he distinctly remembers her as the first woman in his life who didn't leave or reject him.
    Relationship (Lisa- Daughter)- Homer finds Lisa annoying, preachy and a know-it-all. However, he is also in awe of her genius, and often does things he hates just to spend time with her.
    Relationship (Maggie- Daughter)- Though Homer is prone to forgetting she exists, he took his hated job at the Power Plant back just so that he could support her. "Do It For Her" is the memo on the plaque at his workstation. He once gave up the promise of wealth to ensure that she kept her new teddy bear.
    Relationship (Bart- Son)- Homer & "The Boy" have a great deal in common (love of sloth, greed and gluttony, for three), but are often at odds due to Bart's open disrespect for his father, and love of pranking Homer. Homer frequently strangles his son in an violent rage, though Bart usually deserves this "horrible act of child abuse". When they see eye-to-eye, they become gleeful partners in crime (such as Homer's bootlegging operation, or when Bart was impressed at how Homer lied and cheated his way through a fight with Bart's Big Brother).
    Relationship (Friends)- Homer is close with his Bartender Moe, and the barflies Barney, Lenny & Carl (and to a lesser extent the other ones, including the guy who calls him Bill). Of those, Barney is probably his closest friend, since Moe often tries to murder him.
    Relationship (Abe & Mona Simpson- Parents)- Homer was often neglected and disrespected by his father, and now finds him to be a dreadful bore and a pain to be around, and so frequently disrespects, neglects or antagonizes him. Despite their differences (and mutual dislike), the two have often become partners in crime, and learned to enjoy each others' company. By contrast, Homer misses his mother desperately, though is often hurt by how she's chosen to live her life apart from him.
    ---
    Rivalry (Stupid Sexy Flanders)- Homer feels lessened due to Flanders' comparative wealth, well-behaved family, nice things, and good manners. As a result, Homer frequently disrespects Ned, borrows and then keeps Ned's things, insults him, and speaks negatively of him to others. Despite this, he is still willing to give Ned (mostly) terrible advice, and sometimes considers Ned his best friend.
    Relationship (Mister Burns)- Homer fears his malevolent boss greatly, but often ends up helping him with whatever Burns' current problem is. Despite all this, Burns never seems to know his name.
    Prejudice (Fat & Bald)- Homer feels disrespected due to his obesity and lack of hair. When he grows some hair, he becomes more popular at work- when the hair goes away, he is immediately disrespected.
    Motivation ("That's the kind of guy I am this week!")- Homer is prone to random flights of fancy, and grows obsessed with a new idea or position quickly. He will act as if this is his life's dream, but consistently get bored of (or fail at) whatever his new job is.
    ---
    Hatred (Gay Men)- Homer's greatest fear is that Bart will become a homosexual- he takes Bart to a manly steel mill to get him to be manlier (this backfires spectacularly), won't let him hang out with a gay man, and flew into a psychotic rage when Bart lied about having an attraction to Milhouse. Eventually, he gets over this, and even has gay roommates after a fight with Marge.
    Addiction (Alcohol)- Oh, is it EVER. He's not bad as Barney, but is worse than Lenny or Carl, both lushes in their own right.
    Addiction (Food)- Homer is arguably the most gluttonous person in Springfield. He has been known to sleep-eat, and believes that Donuts can do anything. There is not an All-You-Can-Eat restaurant in town that will allow him through their doors. The only way Lisa was able to get him to toss aside a poisoned pastry was to convince him that it was "Low Fat!"- he screamed in horror and threw it away, where it exploded.
    Responsibility (Stupid & Forgetful)- Homer is dumb even by the standards of stupid people. This is due to either his Simpson genes, or having stuck a crayon into his brain when he was a child- both are canon. He has been known to forget the existence of his youngest daughter, the names of his best friends ("THAT's Lenny? Awwww, I wanted the BLACK one..."), what the number to "9-1-1" is, how to spell "smart", and more.
    Responsibility (Accident-Prone)- Homer has driven his car into a chestnut tree while absent-mindedly singing about how great he is, and has destroyed nearly everything in his (and Flanders') home at least once. He has nearly destroyed Springfield several times (often just while SAFETY INSPECTOR of the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant).
    Responsibility (Temper)- Homer is prone to violent rages, particularly against "The Boy". He even once punched out his boss after one too many insults.
    Rivalry (Shelbyville)- Shelbyville & Springfield are arch-rivals, with counterparts to many Springfieldianites in this town of dishonest people.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 134--67 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 15 (131)

-While Bart was initially the most-popular character of The Simpsons, especially amongst the young male audience, the stupid, buffoonish Homer would quickly outpace him after a few seasons, largely as his stupidity grew, and Dan Castelanetta slowly altered the voice (unintentionally) away from the slow Walter Matthau impression. Homer was actually rather normal, though still stupid, at first, and often wanted his family to improve their behavior (a trait later picked up by Marge). Eventually, the writers would write increasingly-dumb moments for him (largely for the sake of a gag), and he became the iconic Bumbling Father, a character that soon became so iconic that male activists would point out that this was now actively making men look stupid in the media, while treating women as the smarter gender- in effect, discriminating in the OPPOSITE direction.

-But in any case, Homer was made a dope because it was funny, and soon he would dominate the show. A common recurring gag was his endless series of obsessions and jobs (one writer gave him an obsession with Thomas Edison when he realized that he himself would annoy the crap out of his friends with whatever his latest "project" or obsession was, and projected it onto Homer), and the wacky mayhem that would ensue. He & Marge would have many challenges to their marriage, and looks into their past, giving the show some of its sweetest moments (particularly in the one featuring their High School introduction and Prom).

-Homer is a bit hopeless in a fight (though has noticeably great durability, owing to a rare condition called Homer Simpson Syndrome that gives him an extra-protective layer around his brain), at one point being unable to physically hurt a FLY that flew into the path of his punch, but has, throughout the course of his life, amassed just enough ability in about seventy different skills to do them all badly (I COULD HAVE just given him "Beginner's Luck" or "Jack-Of-All-Trades", but then I wouldn't have been able to list every one of them in his build, so you can see why that was unacceptable ). Homer is brutally physically-unfit (with no cardio, but oddly-good acrobatic skills from his time as Dancin' Homer), stupid, unwise and more, and even his relatively-high Deception can often fail him ("Hello, I am Mister Burns, and I would like to make a withdrawal!" "Okay Mister Burns, what's your last name?" "I DON'T KNOW...") owing to his own bone-headery and lack of foresight.

-Naturally, the video game version avoids this weakness in combat a bit.

BART SIMPSON (Bartholomew JoJo Simpson, aka El Barto, The Boy, Bartman)
    First Appearance:
    Played By: Nancy Cartwright
    Role: Problem Child, The Prankster, Icon of the Early '90s
    PL 7 (91)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 5 (+4)
    Deception 6 (+8)
    Expertise (Singing & Dancing) 5 (+6)
    Expertise (News Reporter) 4 (+4)
    Expertise (Juvenile Delinquency) 8 (+8)

Advantages:
    Beginner's Luck, Equipment (Skateboard+1), Improved Critical (Skateboard), Jack-Of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Polyglot" Comprehend 2 (Speak to & Understand Languages) (Flaws: Must Hear Them Spoken For a Short While) [2]
    "Simpson Family Team-Up Power" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Area Traveled, Source- Other Simpson Family Member) [4]

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Skateboard +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
    Reputation (Troublemaker)- Deemed "Not College Material" in Preschool after adding an extra clap to "B-I-N-G-O", Bart learned from an early age that the best way to get noticed and be happy was to prank others. He's an underachiever ("and he seems to be PROUD of it"), and generally will immediately rebel from any authority figures put in front of them, no matter who they are.
    Rivalry (All Authority Figures)- The police, the teachers, the Principal (ESPECIALLY the Principal), Bart openly disrespects them all.
    Relationship (Homer Simpson- Father)- Bart has very little respect for his father, except for the times when "Homer" (as he calls him) lies or cheats. Despite many similiarities (and Homer's attempts to connect), Bart sees him as yet another dull authority figure.
    Relationship (Marge Simpson- Mother)- Bart seems okay with his mother, but is frequently embarassed by her attention and seeks to avoid discipline from her as well. Despite this, when she finds out that he shoplifted from a store, and thus started to ignore him rather than dote on him, he took it even harder than she did, and craved her adulation.
    Relationship (Lisa Simpson- Sister)- Bart & Lisa are fairly close in age, and thus tremendous rivals who continuously fight and vie for their parents' attention. They can be utterly cruel to each other ("Is My Brother Dumber Than a Hamster?") as only siblings can, but ultimately will come to each other's defense- Bart has protected Lisa from bullies, tried to raise her spirits ("as your brother, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to say: You're NOT ugly"), and the two refused to engage in the blood sport of hockey when pitted against each other by the community.
    Relationship (Milhouse & the Others)- Bart's best pal is Milhouse, though he openly disrespects his loser-y friend. Nelson started off as a bully, but they eventually found common ground and hang out, despite the occasional beating. Various other boys are part of Bart's circle, but not close.
    Enemy (Sideshow Bob)- Bart helped reveal to the world that Bob had framed Krusty for robbery, and Bob has sworn vengeance upon the boy as a result. On SEVERAL occasions, Bob has escaped or been released from prision, and either tried to murder Bart, or engaged in some other horrible crime while Bart was close by. They've done this song and dance over a dozen times by now.
    Relationship (Krusty the Clown)- Bart has no respect for his father, but worships a Clown that looks just like him. Bart could initially see no wrong in the bored, defeated entertainer, and even now runs to his defense.
    Relationship (The Girl of the Week)- Bart is prone to falling in love with girls very quickly, often leading him down troubled paths as he attempts to either change to make the girl like him more, or to commit worse felonies when the girls turns out to be even nastier than HE is (like Jessica Lovejoy, whom he was attracted to because "she's smart, beautiful and a liar").
    Responsibility (Animals)- Though not a bleeding-heart vegetarian like Lisa, Bart frequently takes animals under his care, feels terrible for accidentally killing a bird ("you even compensated for the crooked sight!"), and is devoted to his dog Santa's Little Helper.
    Disabled (Child)- Children are very short, have tiny arms, and aren't as fast as adults. They can never Intimidate an adult without a weapon, no matter their Presence, and are very lightweight, making them easy to pick up.
    Disabled (Allergies)- Bart is allergic to butterscotch, imitation butterscotch, glow-in-the-dark monster make-up, and shrimp.
    Rivalry (Shelbyville)- Shelbyville & Springfield are arch-rivals, with counterparts to many Springfieldianites in this town of dishonest people.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 12 (91)

-Words cannot DESCRIBE the worship boys my age had towards Bart Simpson, circa 1989. With cool catchphrases, and a willingness to swear at adults, Bart was our freaking HERO. I mean, who says "I'm ________, who the Hell are you?" to adults? He was like the rebellious bad-ass kid we all wanted to be, and that's a huge part of what set off the massive wave of Simpson popularity (and cheap knock-off merchandise) when the show first came out. Hell, a massive portion of the early episodes were about Bart at the expense of all the other characters, and this was when the show followed a more direct, focused route in each episode, rather than the "First 10 minutes doesn't matter; tons of whacky gags abound" stuff- episodes about Bart's being bullied by Nelson, failing his classes and needed to take a make-up test, fooling his teacher into falling in love with Gordie Howe, etc.- he was EVERYWHERE. Time Magazine even named him one of the most influential figures of the 20th Century- the only fictional character to make the list.

-Bart eventually had his role reduced a bit, but was generally always #2 in the show even when Homer became more focused-on. His rebellious nature and his ability to be manipulated by fads and the actions of others make him perfect for a lot of stuff, and Nancy Cartwright's iconic delivery of his lines is still some of the better work in voice acting. He's been likened to a modern incarnation of Tom & Huck, as well as the American Founding Fathers and Punk rockers, all thanks to his nihilistic, anti-authoritarian nature. Being only a child, he's not much of a fighter (and bullying children can make short work of him), but he displays frightening accuracy with firearms (such as a Grenade Launcher, accurately hitting Principal Skinner's car from miles away)- owing to his time in American Public School.

-And despite being a child, Bart has pretty good Charisma, often making him a natural leader amongst other children (like at Kamp Krusty), and even adults are often taking in by his lies. He'd have Shrinking, except I no longer feel the need to give that to children- I just lower there stats and let that be that, since futzing with all their stats and the enhanced Defenses is annoying. Children are a bit tricky to stat, as you lower their Abilities too much and they end up weaker than small animals, but it seems unlikely that they'd be high enough to potentially threaten an adult.

MARGE SIMPSON (Marjorie Jacqueline Simpson, nee Bouvier)
    First Appearance:
    Played By: Julie Kavner
    Role: The Mom, The Sensible One, Bored Housewife
    PL 7 (104)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+4)
    Deception 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Housewife- Cooking & Cleaning) 6 (+8)
    Expertise (Police Officer) 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Anti-Violence Activist) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Pretzels) 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Real Estate) 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Painter) 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Power Plant Employee) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Erotic Baker) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Writer) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Teacher) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Gym Owner) 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Waitress) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Worker at La Maison Derriere) 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Weathergirl) 3 (+5)
    Insight 1 (+4)
    Perception 2 (+5)
    Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
    Benefit (Ambidexterity), Equipment (Vacuum Cleaner +1), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Vacuum Cleaner), Ranged Attack 8, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Beehive" Features 1: May Keep Objects in Hair [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Vacuum Cleaner +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +6

Complications:
    Relationship (Homer- Husband)- Marge truly loves Homer, in part because he needs her so desperately. But the man is also horribly lazy, annoying, rude and out-of-shape, often leaving Marge wondering what she ever saw of him in the first place. She usually ends up having to act as disciplinarian to HIM as well as her own children. Despite this, she is MUCH more jealous than Homer is regarding the opposite sex.
    Relationship (Bart- Son)- Marge is probably the only person in town with a positive impression of her "Special Little Guy"- despite his nature as a hellraiser. She often has difficulty defending him to others, and is the only person who can bring him out of his more destructive episodes.
    Relationship (Lisa & Maggie- Daughters)- Marge dotes on her other two children as well, and is one of the few adults that Lisa respects.
    Relationship (Patty & Selma- Sisters)- Marge is the only one in town who likes her sisters, though they always disrespect her husband.
    Reputation (Wet Blanket)- Marge is well-known to be pretty risk-averse and moralistic, making her a bit dull to be around.
    Secret (Dyes Her Hair)- Marge has been "grey as a mule" since she was seventeen, and uses Blue Dye #56 to turn it back to its natural blue colour.
    Motivation (Being Taken Seriously)- Marge often wants to belong, going out of her way to try and impress others (even if they're snooty rich women). Her nature as a simple housewife often leaves her unfulfilled.
    Addiction (Gambling)- Homer and her family were desperate to save Marge from the Neon Claws of GAMBLOR.
    Phobia (Flying)- When Marge discovered that her father was a male flight attendant, she built up a fear of flying (added to by various other traumatic incidences).

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 11 (104)

-The "Wife" character in fiction can be a tricky one- it's the default of most male writers to make them the un-fun "Wet Blanket" character, which often results in them being a bit of a boring character type. The alternative generally turns that aspect to it's most violent, making them a harpy-esque, nasty "Mean Wife" character- most adult cartoons and sitcoms end up going this route at some point, while most children's toons go with the earlier. So The Simpsons is actually pretty rare in that they made an ENTERTAINING Wet Blanket, frequently giving Marge new things to do and new fads to "Mmmmmm" over disapprovingly. With a husband like Homer and a son like Bart, she can't help but come across as the sensible one, but making her go censorship crazy over cartoons & Video Games, a hypocrit at times, and giving her the occasional fad (like the time she became a roid-using Female Bodybuilder) actually makes her a pretty fun type of character when she COULD have been exceptionally dull, like the moms in most comic strips.

-Marge's attractiveness can vary heavily- she's rather Olive Oyl-y in most shots, but she gains a different body type out of her trademark outfit, much like Ned Flanders & Groundskeeper Willie, only gaining killer hips and boobs instead of big muscles- her Playboy photo shoot and the few times she wears a bikini pretty much showcase this. She isn't considered a sexpot by most of the town (except for that time she was accidentally given enormous breast implants), though both Nelson & Milhouse express an attraction to her, as does Moe.
    -A rather competent women with many different jobs over the years, Marge is a bit pricey. She's also shown unusual strength at various times (like her ability to lift even HOMER off the ground), as well as more Willpower than the typical Simpson.

Lisa: "We're the MTV generation- we experience neither highs NOR lows!"
    Homer: "REALLY? What's it like?"
    Lisa: *shrugs* "EHH..."

LISA SIMPSON (Lisa Marie Simpson)
    First Appearance:
    Played By: Yeardley Smith
    Role: Child Genius, The Activist
    PL 7 (100)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Deception 5 (+6)
    Expertise (Singing & Dancing) 6 (+7)
    Expertise (News Reporter) 2 (+3)
    Expertise (Bleeding-Heart Liberal) 9 (+12)
    Expertise (Science) 3 (+6)
    Expertise (Jazzwoman) 4 (+5)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Perception 1 (+4)
    Technology 2 (+5)
    Treatment 2 (+5)
    "I Got It..." Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
    Beginner's Luck, Equipment (Jump Rope +1), Improved Critical (Jump Rope), Jack-Of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 9, Teamwork

Powers:

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +7

Complications:
    Reputation (Activist Outsider)- People are prone to getting tired of being around Lisa when she gets all preachy, and her brainy nature has left her with few close friends.
    Relationship (Homer Simpson- Father)- Lisa is frequently disgusted and embarassed with her "baboon" of a father, and often yells at him. Despite this, she appreciates the effort he puts into being with her, and usually ends up apologizing for yelling at him.
    Relationship (Marge Simpson- Mother)- Marge is about the only person Lisa REALLY gets along with.
    Relationship (Bart Simpson- Brother)- Bart & Lisa are fairly close in age, and thus tremendous rivals who continuously fight and vie for their parents' attention. They can be utterly cruel to each other ("Is My Brother Dumber Than a Hamster?") as only siblings can, but ultimately will come to each other's defense- Bart has protected Lisa from bullies, tried to raise her spirits, and the two refused to engage in the blood sport of hockey when pitted against each other by the community. Lisa, for her part, has had to come to Bart's aid while he saves Krusty the Clown, defends himself against Sideshow Bob, and more.
    ---
    Relationship (Milhouse)- Milhouse has a nerdy crush on Lisa, which is a constant source of embarassment for her.
    Relationship (The Boy Of The Week)- Lisa gets crushes easily, especially on bad boys (Nelson) or activists (most of the others).
    Responsibility (Vegetarian/Activist)- Lisa will not eat meat (after imagining a sequence of all the animals that go into meat products, like the raccoon that goes into a hot dog), and is a strident activist for all the usual "lefty" causes.
    Disabled (Child)- Children are very short, have tiny arms, and aren't as fast as adults. They can never Intimidate an adult without a weapon, no matter their Presence, and are very lightweight, making them easy to pick up.
    Responsibility (Integrity)- Lisa is unwilling to profit off of evil actions, and has even turned down money from Mister Burns, because he got it with his evil "Omni-Net" idea.
    Responsibility (Genius)- Lisa greatly enjoys being superior to others, and loses her cool when a rival shows up who is better at everything. When the school staff goes on strike, she goes on a kind of "School Withdrawal", and needs her mother to write an "A" on a piece of paper, so she stops freaking out.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 12 (100)

-Lisa Simpson was initially another bratty kid (watch the early episodes, when she often helps Bart with his mayhem), until the writers touched on making her the "Brains" of the family, as well as a bit melancholic and dissatisfied with the way the world was (James L. Brooks was central to this- giving her a "sad" episode to counteract all the whacky antics seen thus far)- Soon, she came to reflect the writers' viewpoints on various subjects (copying George Meyer's Buddhism and Vegetarianism... there's a hilarious bit on the commentary when Meyer goes into a rant about how "this is EXACTLY what makes people Vegetarians! You just keep picturing all of this!" when Lisa imagines all of the animals that die for her food, and then Matt Groening starts shouting that "He's like this ALL THE TIME at work!").

-However, while the writers clearly share Lisa's view, they're usually quite careful to make it less preachy, but ensuring that we all saw how ANNOYING she could be, and also how intolerant she was of the beliefs of others- when she became a vegetarian, she immediately started ranting and raving, ruining her dad's barbeque, etc. There was also the time she went on a rant about "that's right- a GIRL on the football team!" only to have it revealed that there WERE girls on the team already. Lisa was taken aback, then changed gears to rant about the football being made from "The skin of an INNOCENT PIG!" When it's revealed that the balls are now synthetic, Lisa, now frustrated at her activism being for naught, just starts to cry and runs away.

Huh. Never thought of it that way before, but Hank Pym from Avengers: EMH is sort of like a toned down Lisa Simpson.

MCRN Admiral

Turok

TUROK- DINOSAUR HUNTER:
    Game Type: First-Person Shooter
    Release Date: 1997
    Developer: Iguana Entertainment

-Turok, despite seemingly being the embodiment of anything little boys could ever like (using a bow & arrow to hunt DINOSAURS?), never appealed to me. Maybe it's because I'd never heard of it until it was announced as an N64 semi-launch title. Or that I had already decided to favor the PlayStation. Or just my dislike of FPS games. Turok was actually created by Valiant Comics, but the license went over to Acclaim, who bought the roster of characters (in order to create a new function as a licenser of characters- they bought Iguana Entertainment to make games that they would then publish). The reviews were glowing with praise, though most pretty much admitted that the game was a straight-up "Doom Clone" with slightly different trappings, offering nothing new. The game was a smash hit, coming out with six sequels (I'd assumed there was at least one, but I'd never seen nor heard of one).

-Turok must gather the pieces of the Cosmic Maguffin in worlds full of dinosaurs & aliens, accomplishing tasks more physical than mere "Kill 'Em All" tactics seen in most FPS games, with Tomb Raider-ish elements like running, climbing and exploring.

-The Turok character actually goes back a ways- the 1970s saw Western Publishing produce a Turok: Son of Stone comic about a Pre-Columbian Native youth who gets trapped in a dinosaur-ridden valley along with his brother. This lasted a while, and the Valiant version changed just about everything save "Native guy named Turok" and "Dinosaurs" being part of the gimmick. This one lasted for 53 issues, because Valiant was actually quite successful back in the day. Acclaim Comics took over the book, but didn't last long, as they rapidly lost money in the late '90s, owing to a tendency to make awful video games and worse investments. The character has had two failed comic series since 2010, and is today probably way better known for his video games than his comics.

TUROK (Tal'Set)
    Role:
    Dinosaur Hunter, Time-Traveling Native American
    PL 10 (139)
    STRENGTH
    4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 10 (+14)
    Close Combat (Knife) 2 (+14)
    Expertise (Survival) 10 (+14)
    Insight 3 (+7)
    Intimidation 6 (+8)
    Perception 7 (+11)
    Stealth 7 (+12)
    Technology 5 (+8)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, Equipment 8 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Improved Critical 3 (Knife 2, Gun), Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover, Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 7, Tracking

Equipment:
    "Arsenal"
    "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
    "Bow & Arrow" Blast 4 (8)
    "Tek Arrows" Blast 6 (12)
    "Assault Rifle" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (15)
    "Plasma Rifle" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
    "Pistol" Blast 5 (10)
    "Explosive Shotgun Shells" Blast 8 (16)
    "Alien Gun/Grenade Launcher" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
    "Rocket Launcher" Blast 10 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (32)
    "Fusion Cannon" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (30)
    "Shockwave Weapon" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5 Uses) (30)

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Knife +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Ranged Weapons +12 (+4-8 Ranged Damage, DC 19-23)
    Explosive Weapons +8-10 Area (+8-10 Ranged Damage, DC 23-25)
    Initiative +5

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
    Responsibility (Protecting the Barrier)- Earth and the Lost Land (a primitive world) are separated by a barrier, and the title of "Turok" is passed down to the eldest males in order to protect it.
    Enemy (The Campaigner)- The Campaigner wishes to gather the Choronosceptre's pieces.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (139)

-There are a dozen weapons in Turok, but like most FPS games, they're usually just variations of the same thing- shootin' stuff. So he's just a modification of "FPS Guy", with more Survival skills.

Keep watching GOT Jab trust me. its like a roller coaster the seasons keep building up to some seriously crazy stuff.

By the way if you like Tyrion he gets even more amazing. Varys is awesome especially in the last episode of the 6th season. Youll recognize lady tyrell she was in Batman. and is a bad arse. Dany gets even more amazing as the series goes on with some truly epic scenes and some great scenes with someone in season 6. Also Hodor, that's all I got to say Hodor.

just keep watching you have the battle of the wall, hold the door, the battle of black water, the battle of hard home, and so many other great battles to come.
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MCRN Admiral

RCR

"BARF!"
    -Bad guys, upon being defeated

RIVER CITY RANSOM:
    Release Date: 1989
    Developer: Technos

-River City Ransom is another one of the early Beat 'Em Ups, using a much more cartoony art style. It's your standard "Rescue the Girl" story, with Alex & Ryan fighting the gangs of rival schools in order to rescue Ryna's girlfriend from the villainous Slick. There's actually some RPG elements thrown in, however, with you upgrading your moves and having options, "sandbox-style", to explore wherever you want non-linearly. Despite its popularity, I'd never heard of this game until I was an adult- it had nowhere near the impact of Double Dragon or Final Fight- turns out that while it was wildly successful in Japan (seeing seven games coming out for the Famicom), it was a slow-seller in North America, becoming a "cult classic" instead. I remember Alex Lucard of the online version of Diehard Gamefan *(a reviewer with some good turns of phrase, but a tendency to hate popular things and like only weird "Doom Patrol Fanbase" games) going on and on about it in a review that trashed a Game Boy Advance update.

ALEX & RYAN
    Role:
    High School Battlers
    PL 8 (101)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Athletics 8 (+11)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+13)
    Deception 2 (+5)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Ranged Combat 4 (+10)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Set-Up, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Stone Hands/Dragon Feet" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Stone Hands/Dragon Feet +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Initiative +5

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
    Enemy (Rival Gangs)- The Generic Guys, The Internationals, The Squids and others all oppose our heroes.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 11 (101)

-Alex & Ryan are great brawlers that can handle High School gang members. Over the course of the game, you learn a few "triple-hit" techniques, an acrobatic flip move (Move-By Action), and throwing a guy (the "Javelin Man" technique), all of which are reflected in the overall style.

Ah, River City Ransom. I consider it a lot better than Double Dragon, and I actually really liked the GBA version.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Varedasite Kogasumi View Post
    another famous games: Legacy of Sorasil, Ishar 3, Dark Legions
    If they're famous, then how come I've literally never heard of any of them? I mean, I'm not a PC Gamer, so some of that is bound to elude me, but I at least know SOME PC games.

The first two are RPGs (and ones where you build your characters completely), so I definitely can't do them (statting up an RPG character is REALLY impossible unless you've actually played the game- I make a one-time exception for Earthbound with this series). The last one actually looks interesting, though- like a Strategy Game but with more specific units.

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter !
    I've already statted both of those series before (check the main list on the first page), but I'll be doing Street Fighter again after this set is done (though I keep adding games, so it'll be like another month). Kyle is planning to build some MK guys (plus the new game that I haven't statted yet) on his thread, so keep an eye on it (if HE EVER GETS TO WORK, KYLE !!).

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering when "Why hasn't Jab gotten to Castlevania yet?", the answer is "because Jab is a dumbass and somehow failed to translate it from the "To Build List" on paper to the "Post Builds in This Order" list on his computer. So I had to restructure a little bit to make it work ."
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 09-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.

MCRN Admiral

The Combatribes

Hee hee- These characters look ridiculous.

THE COMBATRIBES:
    Release Date: 1990
    Developer: Technos Japan Corp.

-The guys who made Double Dragon stuck to the same genre with this one, basing it in a futuristic time and making your characters cyborgs, which should have made this the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, but instead it's one I've almost no familiarity with, and had no impact. Though there's some cool stuff in here, like smashing guys' faces into the ground, bashing the heads of your enemies together, and throwing stuff like motorcycles & pinball machines! You play a trio of gang members who have to fight rival gangs across New York City, wielding bodies that are hilariously top-heavy, complete with large heads and itty-bitty legs holding them up.

BERSERKER
    Role:
    The Balanced Guy
    PL 8 (95)
    STRENGTH
    4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+8)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Streetwise) 8 (+8)
    Intimidation 3 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
    Close Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Throwing Stuff), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
    Enemy (Rival Gangs)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (95)

-Like most Beat 'Em Ups, you have the trade-offs of Strength, Speed & Balance to play with- Berserker her is the "Balanced Guy". The Combatribes guys specialize in grappling and throwing stuff.

BULLOVA
    Role:
    The Strong Guy
    PL 8 (94)
    STRENGTH
    6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+8)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 3 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Throwing Stuff), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
    Enemy (Rival Gangs)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (94)

-Bullova is named for a kind of Indian whip, and he's the Strong Guy of the group.

BLITZ
    Role:
    The Fast Guy
    PL 8 (103)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
    FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
    Acrobatics 6 (+12)
    Athletics 6 (+8)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 3 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
    Agile Feint, Close Attack, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Throwing Stuff), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
    Power-Lifting 1 (400 lbs.) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Initiative +10

Defenses:
    Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
    Enemy (Rival Gangs)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 11 (103)

-Blitz, naturally, is the weakest but fastest member, with some more options in combat. I gave him some Power-Lifting to showcase the fact that he can still toss stuff like the other two can.