Page 1380 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 38088012801330137013781379138013811382139014301480 ... LastLast
Results 13,791 to 13,800 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

The Baddest Man On The Planet

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating; I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."
    - I was sorely tempted to throw in the one where he threatens to commit an unnatural act on a male reporter for taunting him. But I'd have to blank out almost literally every word or get banned.

MIKE TYSON
    Role:
    The SNK Boss of SNK Bosses, The Baddest Man on the Planet
    Hails From: Catskill, New York, U.S.A.
    Record: 31-0 (27 KO)
    PL 11 (85)
    STRENGTH
    4 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
    Athletics 5 (+9)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+16)
    Expertise (Pigeon Raising) 6 (+5)
    Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+1)
    Perception 2 (+1)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 3, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown, Taunt

Powers:
    "Power Hitter" Strength-Damage +2 [2]
    "Knockout Blows" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +16 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Knockout Punches +14 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +16

Defenses:
    Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
    Motivation (Winning)
    Responsibility (Arrogance)- Tyson truly believes that he is unstoppable.
    Weakness (The Second Round)- A power-hitter with a lethal style, Tyson is unused to long fights. He will always use his Knockout Punches in the first round of a fight, but be unable to use them later on. As well, he will drop accuracy & defenses down to PL 10 starting in the second round.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 15 (85)

-It's hard to adequaltely describe just HOW big and HOW bad Mike Tyson was seen back in the day. The man was a God walking the Earth; a force of nature sent to destroy the fools sent before him. Though he was offered a large number of "tomato cans" to wipe out (the Heavyweight division, with no upper weight limit, has a greater number of lazy, easily-beaten fighters than any other- where fighters have to keep in shape to make weight), Tyson was tremendously gifted. His head speed was shocking and the power of his punches was legendary- crushing most weaker opponents in the first round. Highlight reels of Tyson KOs are among the most impressive things in sports. It was only LATER that we'd find out his weaknesses- lesser cardio, a tendency to hide behind his gloves, a weak mental game, etc. Experienced, skilled fighters could keep him at a distance and tire him out. But back in the mid '80s? No way.

-And so Tyson is our final opponent in the NES version of Punch-Out!. And what a titan he was- nothing in the world could have prepared Nintendo players for this monster. Tyson threw nothing but One-Hit-Knockdown punches immediately after the bell- take three, and you're done. And even after that, he would keep up the pressure, buffeting Little Mac around the ring. Most people I know who've played the game never so much as got to Tyson (the game is DIFFICULT), but Tyson is considered one of the elite End Bosses of all time. As such, Tyson is PL 11 territory- enough to be on equal with Mortal Kombat Bosses or Sagat himself. Though thick-headed and pretty limited to just beating people down, Tyson is God Tier (or, if you prefer, Sagat Tier).

-After Tyson lost his World Title to Buster Douglas (in a fight where everyone underestimated Douglas, who was actually naturally gifted by usually lacked effort), Nintendo didn't bother to get the rights to his name again, and so a new character was used in his place- Mr. Dream, who used the same sprite as Tyson, but with a new head and skin color.

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

No ear bite?

MCRN Admiral

Prime Mike Tyson's punches are way the frick scarier than him chowing down on some 'lobe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccD0Uvz6Rg

Dude was basically a murderer for a while. It's utterly horrifying to watch 240+ lb. men go down to one or two punches. Just out of control.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-08-2016 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Prime Mike Tyson's punches are way the frick scarier than him chowing down on some 'lobe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccD0Uvz6Rg

Dude was basically a murderer for a while. It's utterly horrifying to watch 240+ lb. men go down to one or two punches. Just out of control.
    to quote the thinly veiled Tyson expy:

"I think he's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children. "

"Uh, you know, they do have a mother, Champ?"

"Yes, but I would imagine that she would die of grief. "

MCRN Admiral

The Lost Vikings

THE LOST VIKINGS:
    Game Type: Side-Scrolling Action/Puzzle Game
    Release Date: 1992
    Developer: Silicon & Synapses

-The Lost Vikings is a game I've always heard praised, but never got around to playing it. It was created to be a humorous game based around various puzzles, as you had to play one of three Vikings (Erik, Olaf and Baleog- and OF COURSE one of them is named Olaf) who are set against some Alien Menace who wants to put them on display in a freak show, and each of the three is given certain benefits, and certain flaws. It's up to the player to use the right Viking for any given situation (two of them can't even jump- this ain't your typical Platformer). Though well-thought-of (mostly for the SNES version, but the Genesis got one the next year with some extra levels), it was only a big enough hit to get a single sequel five (!!) years later, and a re-release for the Game Boy Advance ten years later. The sequel also gives Fang the Werewolf (runs, jumps & attacks enemies; and does a Wall Jump) and Scorch the Magic Dragon (Flight & Fire), but only lets you choose three members for your party at a time.

-All three Vikings are active simultaneously, and you can switch between them at will, and get continues if any of them die. An example of a puzzle: It requires Olaf to use his shield as a platform for Erik to jump from, giving him the extra height he needs to vault a locked gate. On the other side, Erik can find a key to unlock the door and allow his companions to progress. "Trial and error" is the name of the game. The game also has a big sense of humor, with some grumbling Vikings as your stars and a penchant for breaking the fourth wall.

-Funnily enough, I only know Interplay for the various Clay-based games they also published (Clayfighter and Claymates), but they apparently started the whole Fallout franchise, and were responsible for the old-school series A Bard's Tale. However, their fortunes were not great, and they've lost scads of money over the years, and have gone through bankruptcy more than once in the years since.

ERIK THE SWIFT
    Role:
    Speedster
    PL 7 (81)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Acrobatics 3 (+8)
    Athletics 11 (+13)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Viking) 6 (+7)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 2 (+4)
    Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
    Agile Feint, Equipment (Helmet, +2 Damage, Limited to Slam Damage, Turns Slam Damage into a Stun instead), Defensive Attack, Improved Critical (Slam), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
    "Good Legs"
    Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
    Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Helmet +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Initiative +9

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
    Enemy (Tomator)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 14 (81)

-Erik the Swift is the only one of the three Vikings who can actually JUMP, making him important for getting to certain places. He can also bash things down with his helmet. The sequel gives him Rocket Boots and a Scuba Helmet (before that, he drowned very easily). Erik isn't an offensive powerhouse, but is the best member of the group defensively, thanks to his agility.

BALEOG THE FIERCE
    Role:
    Melee Fighter
    PL 8 (82)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
    Athletics 5 (+8)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 4 (+6)
    Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
    Close Attack 3, Equipment 2 (Sword +2, Bow & Arrow +4), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Critical (Bow), Ranged Attack 10, Takedown

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Bow & Arrow +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
    Enemy (Tomator)
    Disabled (Poor Jumper)- Baleog is strong and quick, but can't seem to get very far off the ground...
    Reputation (Grump)- Baleog does not got on well with others.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (82)

-Baleog is your front-line fighter in the game- he shoots down guys with his bow, or cuts them down with his sword. The enemies are usually pretty simple folk, however- they just run forward and get killed- as two of the Vikings lack the means to kill them, you might imagine they don't need to be so great. He apparently gets Fire Arrows as one of his power-ups, and his Arrows have the additional use of being able to flip switches from far away. In the sequel, he gains a Lightsaber and a Bionic Arm (that allows him to strike in eight directions, Belmont-style). He's superior on offense to the other two Vikings, but his Defenses aren't so great (he can't jump out of the way of enemy attacks in the game).

OLAF THE STOUT
    Role:
    Barrier Warrior
    PL 7 (58)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
    FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+7)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 1 (+3)
    Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
    Equipment 2 (Shield- Defenses +4, Flight 1- Gliding), Improved Defense, Interpose

Powers:
    "Can Lift Two Grown Men Onto the Shield" Power-Lifting 1 (800 lbs.) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +4 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Initiative +0

Defenses:
    Dodge +5 (+9 Defenses, DC 15-19), Parry +5 (+9 Defenses, DC 15-19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
    Enemy (Tomator)
    Disabled (Poor Jumper)- Olaf cannot jump very high.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 11 (58)

-Olaf's thing is to carry around a large Shield- this huge circle allows him to block enemy attacks with ease, deflect things, and more- its most-useful in-game abilities are to allow his teammates an extra "hill" with which to jump over obstacles, and to "glide" down from ledges. Like Baleog, he cannot jump, but the game gets a lot of mileage out of guys climbing ladders, then falling onto carefully-placed objects that still allow them forward momentum (such as moving platforms, or springs). The sequel offers him a "Cybernetic Shield" (??) and the ability to Shrink.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-08-2016 at 01:23 PM.

OPA Belta

The Lost Vikings is actually a Blizzard developed game (from before they were called Blizzard) and was just published by Interplay.

OPA Belta

and Shock stole my comment :P

Silicon and Synapse was the developer, their second game...

MCRN Admiral

Oh, my bad. I read it wrong on Wikipedia- "Silicon & Synapse" (their old name) was written in a single line, so I read the "Interplay Entertainment" one below it.

As a kid, it always struck me as odd how the Developer/Publisher thing went. As an adult, I pretty much figured out that the "Publishers" actually have access to advertising and distribution networks that the Developers might not have (since they're busy actually making the games). But so many companies have been Developers AND Publishers that it gets confusing. There must be some kind of weird corporate shenanigans that explains that whole thing, and how it works. Are games still like that? Or are most companies now in-house?
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-08-2016 at 01:27 PM.

OPA Belta

It's pretty much the same as the difference between Publishers and Writers. Or Record Labels and Musicians. Or Movie Studios and Writers/Directors. Publishers have the money and Writers have the talent. Developers have to eat and unless they're big, they don't have the money to fund a few years of game development. That's where the Publishers come in. Things like Steam and crowd-funding have made going Indie a lot easier than it used to be though.

Re: Bob Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post

BOB CHARLIE
    Role:
    Secondary Wuss
    Hails From: Kingston, Jamaica
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    He's also clearly a homage/parody of Bob Marley.
    *facepalm* Oh my god...I just got that! I'm going to go hide in the corner now...