Page 1369 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 36986912691319135913671368136913701371137914191469 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,690 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Metal Sonic

METAL SONIC
    Role:
    Mirror Image Villain
    PL 11 (207)
    STRENGTH
    5 STAMINA -- AGILITY 8
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Acrobatics 3 (+11)
    Athletics 10 (+12)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
    Close Combat (Spin Dash) 4 (+12)
    Deception 2 (+6)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Investigation 4 (+7)
    Perception 5 (+8)

Advantages:
    Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Spin-Dash), Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Second Chance (Falling), Startle, Takedown 2, Ultimate Speed Check

Powers:
    Speed 9 (1,000 mph) [9]
    Immunity 2 (Slam Damage) [2]

"Spin Dash"
    "Dash Through Mooks" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Shapeable +3) (Flaws: Limited to Through Distance Travelled) (21) -- [23]
    • AE: Damage 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) (4)
    • AE: "Spin Jump" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Accurate) (3)

Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
    Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Moving) [3]

"Killer Robot"
    Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
    Protection 8 [8]

"V. Maximum Overdrive Attack"
    Speed +2 (4,000 mph) (Flaws: Fades) [1]
    "Ring Spark Field" Energy Aura 8 (Reduced Speed -3) (29) -- [30]
    • AE: Energy Aura 6 (Flaws: Fades) (19)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Spin Jump +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
    Spin Dash +13 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Dash Through Mooks +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
    Ring Spark Field +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Maximum Overdrive +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Initiative +16

Defenses:
    Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
    Obsession (Destroying Sonic)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 109 / Defenses: 14 (207)

-Metal Sonic was a recurring baddie in Sonic the Hedgehog CD, the Killer App of the Sega-CD. The game is considered very good... unfortunately, very few people bought the Genesis's add-on. Though it promised a lot, the new system really only offered some upgraded games with slightly-better graphics or more features (like WWF Rage in the Cage, which was just Royal Rumble with a bigger roster and WORSE match choices!), some awful Full Motion Video sequences (in poorer quality than you'd get on a video tape), and several VERY poorly-thought-out games.

-Metal Sonic actually doesn't appear in any Genesis games- instead, he starts popping up in random peripherals and Next Gen systems. His status in the franchise is rather minimal aside from being another Boss besides Robotnik, but he's still a recurring nemesis.

-Metal Sonic is basically an upgraded Sonic with a few Aura attacks and boosted speed.

MCRN Admiral

Re: Jab's Builds!

Good heavens; Disney just made official the long-rumored change of the California Adventure Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride to Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT: http://micechat.com/132988-disneylan...wer-of-terror/

This... I dunno. Thought the Florida version of the ride is far superior, people LOVE the other one, and it's a huge draw for a park that's often rather hurting for good stuff. But of course a new ride would do GANGBUSTERS for the local crowds (which are the bulk of Disney's funding in the area). Except they're the number-one group PO'd about this, I would imagine. It's another Marvel IP for a park that should really start focusing on it (as DCA kind of sucks compared to Disneyland, and they can't add Marvel stuff in Florida thanks to Universal owning rights there), though.

But DCA has SO much space available to do whatever they want... and how is a "massive drop in an actual building with views to outside" gonna fit with a space-faring area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    I think part of the issues the series' fanbase may have is that the big, bright-eyed characters appeal to a lot of autistic kids (among other things- the simple, animal-based character designs and black & white morality also appeal to them: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-...so-much-autism), which means that a lot of trolls find it easy to provoke them, which creates a lot of trolling, and thus giant "Meltdown"-style reactions.
    The amount of trolling and targeted at autistic fans, and autistic people in general, is something that hits pretty close to home for me. There's a lot of ableist trolling on the internet, and it's something that's extremely hard not to notice when you are yourself autistic or otherwise disabled. I've seen people use autism as a directly flippant insult, for instance, and there's actually quite a bit of that on that thread.

That being said, I disagree with some of the interpretations of that poster speaking as someone who knows autism pretty damn well for obvious reasons. Simplistic animal-based character designs and black & white morality and simple characterisation appeal to younger kids in general, and why autistic people tend to remain as ultra-focused fans is actually something else entirely. One very common facet amongst autistic people is something called a 'special interest', where we will ultra-focus on things that interest us and remain fans for a very, very long time. The amount of special interests a given person can have is something that varies pretty widely. This is why you will encounter a lot of autistic people in the Sonic fandom; they got into it as kids for the same reason all kids get into stuff, and are still into it because it became a special interest for them. Especially given that it has a lot of material to consume, with video games, a lot of ongoing comic-books, cartoon series, and a hell of a lot of webcomics.

It's the same reason you'll get autistic people in a lot of online fandoms; their special interests usually lead them to be pretty prominent on the fan forums, and literally anything can wind up being someone's special interest.
    Formerly Narsil.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    The biggest example of "the Complainer" I remember from my cartoon days was Eric the Cavalier from the D&D cartoon. Poor Eric was kind of forced on the writers by parents groups, and initially their dislike is this almost tangible thing you can feel through the TV. Yet the writers showcased their skill by giving Eric the most character development, hidden depths, and so forth. By the time the show was over, Eric was probably my favorite character out of the main cast. The writers also had episodes where Eric was actually in the right, or where their leader Hank was in the wrong, something you really wouldn't see that much in cartoons until more sophisticated television like Gargoyles.
    Best thing about Eric was that he was played by DONNIE MOST. I had no idea that Ralph Malph was a voiceover guy in the '80s.

The amount of trolling and targeted at autistic fans, and autistic people in general, is something that hits pretty close to home for me. There's a lot of ableist trolling on the internet, and it's something that's extremely hard not to notice when you are yourself autistic or otherwise disabled. I've seen people use autism as a directly flippant insult, for instance, and there's actually quite a bit of that on that thread.
    People have pretty much always made fun of those with mental disabilities. The "Euphemism Treadmill" on that particular topic led scientific terms like imbecile and moron being replaced, because obviously, kids were using those terms as insults. The kinder, gentler, nicer word replacing them? Retarded (which is grammatically and scientifically correct- denoting someone being, quite literally, mentally delayed). Naturally, THAT word then started being used as an insult, to the point where it started being called Special Needs, even when I was a kid (many moons ago). An on THAT front, even when *I* was in school people would joke that other kids were "Special" as a direct insult to their intelligence.

Nowadays, further and further elongated terms such as developmental disability and such are now being used, even though they mean the same thing as mentally retarded, because people haven't started using them as insults yet. But I'm fairly certain that a couple decades from now, people will be horrified by old scientific papers using the term. Heck, there's even a movement to change the scientific definition of the term from mentally retarded for the same reasons. All because people are dicks, and gravitate to using whichever terms we use for mental disabilities as insults. And frankly, all the language changes in the world won't prevent that.

Here's a longer, more-elaborate essay on the subject: https://stronglang.wordpress.com/201...rded-progress/

That being said, I disagree with some of the interpretations of that poster speaking as someone who knows autism pretty damn well for obvious reasons. Simplistic animal-based character designs and black & white morality and simple characterisation appeal to younger kids in general, and why autistic people tend to remain as ultra-focused fans is actually something else entirely. One very common facet amongst autistic people is something called a 'special interest', where we will ultra-focus on things that interest us and remain fans for a very, very long time. The amount of special interests a given person can have is something that varies pretty widely. This is why you will encounter a lot of autistic people in the Sonic fandom; they got into it as kids for the same reason all kids get into stuff, and are still into it because it became a special interest for them. Especially given that it has a lot of material to consume, with video games, a lot of ongoing comic-books, cartoon series, and a hell of a lot of webcomics.
    Interesting- that's probably true. It would explain why so many autistic adults (in my previous statements, I used "kids" as a more general term, because anyone under 25 is a kid to my old ass now ) seem to retain a huge level of fandom.

Of course, it's actually difficult to ascertain who has a disability and who doesn't. That Cringe Compilation I posted is nothing BUT cringe-worthy, horrifying, overly-emotional behavior, but it's impossible to really tell what the full story is with any of those people. Hell, some of them are probably deliberately over-doing it, while others are just young and weird.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-02-2016 at 03:28 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Bunnie

First page of Google Image Search? Had someone tickling her feet.

BUNNIE RABBOT
    Role:
    Strongwoman
    PL 8 (123)
    STRENGTH
    6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+8)
    Deception 2 (+5)
    Expertise (Freedom Fighter) 4 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Stealth 1 (+5)
    Technology 2 (+3)
    Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
    "Partial-Roboticization"
    Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited to Limbs) [1]
    "Rocket Boosters in Feet" Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]
    "Laser Cannon" Blast 7 (14) -- [15]
    AE: "Force Field Generator" Force Field 4 (Extras: Affects Others 8) (12)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Laser Cannon +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
    Enemy (Robotnik/Eggman)
    Relationship (Antoine D'Coolette)- After failing to hit on Sally for years, Antoine turned his attention to his teammate Bunnie- the two eventually married.
    Vulnerable (Magnets)- Bunnie's robotic nature allow her to be restrained by magnets.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 11 (123)

-Bunnie was an additional female ally in the show- she reflected one of its darkest aspects- the fact that Dr. Robotnik was taking over the world of Mobius by imprisoning and ROBOTICIZING people, changing them into machines. Bunnie was thus left with robotic limbs, having been rescued by Sonic & Rotor before too much of the process could take hold. She spoke with a Southern accent (like the X-Men's Rogue), and acted like a tough, brave powerhouse- then still a bit unusual for a female character in a show targetted towards boys.

MCRN Admiral

Sally Acorn

PRINCESS SALLY ACORN
    Role:
    Princess Leia-Type, Furry Icon (you don't want to know, trust me)
    PL 7 (116)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 6
    INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
    Acrobatics 6 (+11)
    Athletics 6 (+8)
    Deception 3 (+7)
    Expertise (Freedom Fighter) 7 (+11)
    Perception 3 (+7)
    Persuasion 3 (+7)
    Stealth 3 (+8)
    Technology 3 (+7)
    Vehicles 2 (+8)

Advantages:
    Benefit 2 (Rebel Leader/Princess), Equipment 2 (Assorted Gear), Inspire, Leadership, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Initiative +5

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
    Enemy (Robotnik/Eggman)
    Responsibility (Pressure)- Princess Sally puts an enormous amount of pressure on herself, owing to her lofty position within the rebellion.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (116)

-One of the biggest things preventing me from ever getting into the Sonic-Verse was Sally Acorn. This character's visual appearance has bugged me for decades, and even NOW I can't look at her without getting annoyed. First off, her head is GIGANTIC, and placed on top of a tiny, shapely woman's body. It looks RIDICULOUS- Sonic, Tails and the others are usually shaped like little lima beans with big heads on top- they're cartoony and goofy. But Sally has hips and BREASTS drawn in, yet retains the same over-large head with huge eyes. The fact that she's as nude as everyone else is makes her body's womanly features even MORE absurd- I think I was detecting someone's attempt at Fanservice, but found the idea so ludicrous if just angered Young Me instead- I resented the fact that somebody thought I should find this character attractive. Plus the fact that her body was so skinny made her head look even LARGER- she looks essentially like a giant lollipop. Also... she's wearing big boots and a jacket, and some of her female friends wear lots of clothing. So they exist on a world WITH CLOTHES, yet she's intentionally not wearing any (Sonic, Tails & most of the others wear nothing but shoes & gloves, so it's not as noticeable, but her wearing a JACKET on top of everything is odd). I think that giving her a giant haircut would have helped obscure the weird head/body dynamic, too- Sonic's head size was altered by his spiky haircut, so giving Sally a huge 'do might have worked to make her look more like one solid shape. Also, her expressions always made her look overly-smug.

-But all in all, I found her instantly detestable because of her stupid look, and so I immediately didn't like the show. That said, they actually worked REALLY HARD to make people like Sally, copying a lot of Princess Leia's characteristics in order to do so- Sally was a military leader, in charge of people, unafraid to give orders, was prone to lecturing/yelling at her subordinates (including Sonic), had Belligerent Sexual Tension with a hero (Sonic, again), and was an Action Heroine type of character who could fight as well as most of the others.

-The comics gave her a big push as well- she even got a Princess Sally mini-series, and gained a large amount of the comic's female fanbase. Despite all that, of course, she's not a part of the video games. And any potential serious relationship with Sonic has been squashed by Sega's insistence that the main characters not be put into big relationships.

MCRN Admiral

Robotnik

DOCTOR IVO ROBOTNIK (aka Dr. Eggman)
    Role:
    The Big Bad, Mad Scientist
    PL 5 (104), PL 6 (104) Scientist
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Deception 3 (+6)
    Expertise (Science) 8 (+16)
    Insight 2 (+6)
    Intimidation 5 (+8)
    Perception 2 (+6)
    Technology 8 (+16)
    Vehicles 8 (+11)

Advantages:
    Benefit 5 (Ruler of Mobius or Something), Equipment 5 (Whatever), Ranged Attack 7, Ultimate Technology Skill

Offense:
    Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
    Motivation (Power)
    Enemy (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (104)

-Dr. Robotnik is Sonic's own personal King Koopa, and like that illustrious nemesis of Italian plumbers, Robotnik had two different names before permanently adopting his original one- in Japan, he is known as Dr. Eggman, while the West named him Robotnik for years, though you'll just as often see "Eggman" now. Now personally, I am 100% AGAINST that decision, as "Dr. Eggman" is quite possibly the only villain name in the universe shittier than Count Dooku.

-Robotnik was a big ol' douche in the TV series, which actually made him a rather menacing big fat guy- he's already TAKEN OVER the world of Mobius, and so the heroes were resistance fighters against him. In the video games, however, he just kinda grabs animals and shoves them into robot suits ("Badniks"), and fights Sonic at the end of every level, usually in some sort of robotic contraption. Though I'm not a big fan, you can't deny his iconic status and the fact that he's considered one of the most DESPICABLE villains in gaming.

-Robotnik is more or less a generic Mad Scientist with not a lot else to him, but in the Saturday Morning universe/Archie-verse, he's a world leader with tremendous personal power. In the games, he's more or less just a guy in a tank or airplane or something- generally not even a big challenge to defeat, especially if the player's good at repeatedly bouncing.

OPA Belta

Robotnik always came off like an off-brand Dr. Willey, if you were to ask thirteen year old me.

(Yeah, I was firmly in the Nintendo camp during the Great Console War.)

MCRN Admiral

Yeah, it's a pretty generic character archetype, too. I've never found him particularly memorable.

Next up is that last of the Sonic builds, because I have officially divested myself of the rat's ass I gave.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-02-2016 at 09:52 PM.

MCRN Admiral

Urban Sonic

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!!

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
    Role:
    Mirror Image Villain, The Poochie
    PL 12 (220)
    STRENGTH
    6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 8
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
    Acrobatics 3 (+11)
    Athletics 10 (+12)
    Close Combat (Spin Dash) 4 (+12)
    Deception 2 (+6)
    Expertise (Freedom Fighter) 8 (+10)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Investigation 4 (+7)
    Perception 5 (+8)
    Ranged Attack (Chaos Spear) 2 (+10)

Advantages:
    Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Spin-Dash), Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 2

Powers:
    Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
    Immunity 2 (Slam Damage) [2]
    "Golden Rings" Protection 2 (Flaws: Source- Rings) [1]

"Spin Dash"
    "Dash Through Mooks" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Shapeable +3) (Flaws: Limited to Through Distance Travelled) (21) -- [23]
    • AE: Damage 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) (4)
    • AE: "Spin Jump" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Accurate) (3)

Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
    Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Moving) [3]

"Genetic Experiment- Chaos Control"
    Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease) [2]
    Regeneration 4 [4]
    Variable (Whatever the Hell Powers) 6 (Flaws: Source- Chaos Emeralds -2) [30]
    (Examples: Time Control, Space Travel, Healing Self, "Chaos Spear" Blast/Line, "Chaos Attack" Burst Damage)

"Air Shoes" (Flaws: Removable) [5]
    Speed +2 (1,000 mph) (2)
    Flight 2 (8 mph) (4)
    -- (6 points)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Spin Jump +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Spin Dash +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Dash Through Mooks +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
    Chaos Area Attacks +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
    Chaos Spear +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
    Initiative +16

Defenses:
    Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +8 (+10 w/ Golden Rings), Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications:
    Responsibility (Ruthless)- Shadow is so bad-ass and hardcore that he will do ANYTHING to accomplish his goals.
    Responsibility (Loathes Mankind)- How amazing and DARK, right?

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 80 / Defenses: 16 (220)

-Probably the most controversial Sonic character is Shadow the Hedgehog, an obvious Mirror-Image Counterpart to Sonic himself. Made to be Sonic's "Arch-Rival", he's been heavily criticized as an "unnecessary character" (even WIKIPEDIA comments on this, and they've exiled a lot of "Weasel Words" and assorted biased stuff over the years)- generally speaking, he's seen as over-the-top, too mysterious (he's got a amnesia-hidden past, just like Wolverine), too obviously "bad-ass" (he's Sonic... but BLACK! And hardcore! And mean-looking!), and like something out of the early '90s of comics- not the happy, bright world of Sonic. And of course Sega gave him a BIG push, including putting him into his own game. However, backlash set in, and they started holding him back, making him playable mostly in spin-off games and the like.

-Shadow is apparently a MUCH more powerful version of Sonic, down to being bulletproof, having Regeneration, and access to various "Chaos Powers" if he's close to a Chaos Emerald- he gets stuff like Teleportation, Self-Healing and time manipulation powers. I double-checked against the only Shadow build I know of- this one by Tyrant Lizard King from 2010.