Page 902 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 40280285289290090190290390491295210021402 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Nova (Sam Alexander)

Half the pictures I see of this kid make him look like he's freaking twelve years old. See below as for why.

NOVA III (Sam Alexander)
    Created By:
    Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness
    First Appearance: Marvel Point One #1 (Nov. 2011)
    Role: Rookie Hero
    PL 9 (145)
    STRENGTH
    1/9 STAMINA 2/8 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Aerobatics 3 (+6)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+7)
    Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
    Ranged Combat (Gravimetric Blasts) 2 (+7)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
    "Access to Nova Force Via Helmet" (Flaws: Removable) [81]
    Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
    Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (4)
    Enhanced Strength 8 (16)
    Enhanced Stamina 6 (12)

"Gravimetric Force" Blast 10 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 6) (27) -- (37)
    • Dynamic AE: "Force Wave" Damage 9 (Feats: Penetrating 4, Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (23)
    • Dynamic AE: "Force Line" Damage 9 (Feats: Penetrating 4, Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (23)
    • Dynamic AE: Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (9)
    • Dynamic AE: "Gravity Control" Move Object 9 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Up or Down) (18)
    • Dynamic AE: Force Field 2 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others 9, Impervious 4) (Flaws: Immobile -2) (14)

Senses 3 (Extended & Infravision, Radio) (3)
    Immunity 9 (Life Support- Starvation) (9)
    Comprehend 2 (Languages) (4)
    -- (101 points)

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Groundstrike +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
    Force Area Attacks +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Gravimetric Blast +7 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+8 Stamina Boost), Fortitude +3/+9, Will +5

Complications:
    Responsibility (Kid)- Sam is fairly young.
    Relationship (Family)- Sam's father is an alcoholic who talks about his time as a Nova Corps member.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 81 / Defenses: 13 (145)

-Let's see: a sixteen-year-old bullied boy who resembles a much younger kid gains grand new powers, and is immediately accepted and recruited by established super-heroes, getting a major push? Yup- Sam Alexander is our brand-new Fan Representative Character for legions of Typical American Kids.

-I'm actually surprised he isn't that hated, as far as I can tell. There's probably people bitching because he's the replacement for the late, lamented Richard Rider, but it's nothing compared to the vitriol the similar Kyle Rayner got decades ago. Surprising, given that Rider was casually wasted after the Abnett/Lanning Cosmic Books came to an end, and Sam is the creation of the much-despised Jeph Loeb (who even named Sam after his late son- the same one that inspired the Red Hulk). Sam's gotten a pretty good-sized push, getting on the new Spider-Man cartoon, and joining one of the many new Avengers teams. He's the son of a drunk who was actually a member of the Nova Corps. back in the day, and inherits his father's helmet, gaining powers and meeting up with various super-heroes, all of whom are like "BOY HOWDY YOU'VE GOT POTENTIAL, SON." like I said, a Fan Representative Character.

-Sam is a rookie hero, and basically a lesser version of what Richard Rider was back in the New Warriors series, but with the more-varied Nova Gravimetric Energy Powers (in the NW book, Nova was simply a big dumb Flying Brick).
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 11-02-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Re: Haechi

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Also- the High Evolutionary. I am fairly certain that there has never been a good comic book story involving him. Ever.
    I can only think of one: There was a 5 part Silver Surfer book in which the High Evolutionary steals the Power Cosmic of the Surfer & makes his own herald.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Re: Nova (Sam Alexander)

-I'm actually surprised he isn't that hated, as far as I can tell. There's probably people bitching because he's the replacement for the late, lamented Richard Rider, but it's nothing compared to the vitriol the similar Kyle Rayner got decades ago. Surprising, given that Rider was casually wasted after the Abnett/Lanning Cosmic Books came to an end, and Sam is the creation of the much-despised Jeph Loeb (who even named Sam after his late son- the same one that inspired the Red Hulk). Sam's gotten a pretty good-sized push, getting on the new Spider-Man cartoon, and joining one of the many new Avengers teams. He's the son of a drunk who was actually a member of the Nova Corps. back in the day, and inherits his father's helmet, gaining powers and meeting up with various super-heroes, all of whom are like "BOY HOWDY YOU'VE GOT POTENTIAL, SON." like I said, a Fan Representative Character.
    I think it helps that his book is basically the spiritual successor to the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, and came out right as DC was cancelling it. And then running it through the mud. Like, the primary differences are that Sam is more impulsive and his dad is white. Oh, and Jaime has Brenda and Paco. I mean, they both live in the American South West, are teenagers who discover artifacts of cast cosmic power, have younger sisters, and their mothers are both nurses of Latino decent. I mean, come on, their moms have the exact same job. Heck, I sometimes refer to Sam's younger sister as Milagro. And the tone of the two books are pretty similar as well.

Also helps that I think there's a vast difference between what Loeb created the character to be and what other writers did with him. Not that I wouldn't love to have Richard back, but Sam's a decent character.

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Nova (Sam Alexander)

-I'm actually surprised he isn't that hated, as far as I can tell.
    Cosmo the talking dog and Beta Ray Bill in your comic will take you far.

MCRN Admiral

The Force of Nature

THE FORCE OF NATURE:
    -A squad of Captain Planet rejects (three of whom were older characters- Plant Man, Water Wizard & Aireo were given new names as Terraformer, Aqueduct & Skybreaker). They were joined by Firewall and done up with strict Rookie Mark Bagley designs (this means lots of goggles/visors). They fought for the environment, but used murder to do it, and when Speedball's mother was threatened, the Warriors intervened and did the typical "they lose the first fight, but come back and win the second" comic book thing. These guys mostly vanished, but the Initiative writer (who was obviously a Warriors fanboy, judging by the line-up of the first book, and the following info) utilized both them and Psionex (see below) as members of the Fifty State Initiative. No idea what became of that whole idea post-Dark Reign, though.

-Just a random grouping of guys, set up much like the Warriors (a few under-utilized older characters; one new one), with the Eco-Terrorist theme. They did some stuff in the jungles of South America, got involved with Speedball's mom (an actress who was fighting for the trees and whatnot), and weren't major characters again. They're later seen in The Vault, arguing for prisoners' rights (Marvel Boy, then imprisoned, agrees with them and acts as a go-between between the super-villains and the prison administration). Next up, they were seen as backgrounders in Norman Osborn's army of ex-villains as part of The Initiative, taking up the role as defenders of Oregon.

The Roster:
    Skybreaker- An Inhuman villain with Air Powers.
    Terraformer- An offshoot of Plant-Man.
    Sunstreak- Iron Man Jobber Villain.
    Firewall/Silk Fever- Fire-wielder. New character.
    Aqueduct- The former "Water Wizard", and the one guy to survive Scourge's rampage (because he was late for the meeting at The Bar With No Name).

MCRN Admiral

Skybreaker

SKYBREAKER (aka Aireo)
    Created By:
    Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
    First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #47 (Feb. 1966)
    Role: Elemental Jobber
    Group Affiliations: The Inhumans, Force of Nature
    PL 9 (99)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Deception 4 (+5)
    Expertise (Streetwise) 4 (+4)
    Expertise (Survival) 3 (+3)
    Intimidation 4 (+5)
    Perception 3 (+3)
    Ranged Combat (Air Attacks) 4 (+9)

Advantages:
    Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
    "Terrigen Mist-Given Powers: Air Control"
    "Air Control" Move Object 9 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Air) (18) -- [24]
    • AE: "Air Blast" Blast 8 (16)
    • AE: "Wind" Features 2: Snuff Flames, Throw Off Arrows, Other Effects (2)
    • AE: Environment 5 (250 feet) (Impede Movement 2) (10)
    • AE: Move Object 8 (16)
    • AE: Deflect 8 (8)
    • AE: "Air Stealing" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Concentration) (Flaws: Distracting) (16)

Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Air Blast +9 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Suffocation +9 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
    Motivation (Environment)- The Force of Nature are out to save the environment, by any means necessary. Murder, kidnapping and extortion are all acceptable practices.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 14 (99)

-Talk about jobbers... Originally named "Aireo", he's apparently a Lee/Kirby original (proof positive that even the BEST have off-days), a renegade Inhuman and stooge of Maximus that went under-used for years, until the New Warriors (itself a book designed to make once-failed concepts work) refashioned a new team for the guy- comprised of elementalists engaging in criminal behavior while being hired by an eco-terrorist group. They didn't really make it much further than that 90s book, but they popped up in recent "Initiative" books alongside literally DOZENS of other tossed-out, nobody villains, and helped take out the Heavy-Hitters one time. Not that any really have personality these days, but hey- they're jobbers, and thus CRY OUT TO BE STATTED. Funnily enough, I hadn't even heard of these guys when I checked the Wiki page for Inhumans, and then looked through my old New Warriors books and found them. So they're pretty forgettable, seeing as how I read many an appearance of them and then forgot.

-Skybreaker (a wannabe bad-ass '90s name from "Aireo"... yeah, that's a decent trade) is your standard everyday Wind-User, but with varied other effects. He uses the standard Air Control stuff (making him PL 9 for that Perception-Range Power, but PL 8-8.5 everywhere else), but also packs Environment, Deflect, and Suffocate, since he could suck the air right out of people's lungs. That's an unusual power for me (not a lot of characters have it at all- probably because it's nigh-fatal), and he's got good Range on it- but loses his ability to defend himself properly. Still, he's a total Glass Cannon who won't last to more than a few key hits. Curiously, like a lot of Inhuman characters who went outside the usual bend of the group, he lacks the Complication of being weak to Pollution- Medusa is the same way, as are the Dark Riders, for unknown reasons (they just got used to it?).

MCRN Admiral

Terraformer/Plantman/Blackheath

TERRAFORMER (Samuel Smithers, aka Plantman, Blackheath)
    Created By:
    Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
    First Appearance: Strange Tales #113 (Oct. 1963)
    Group Affiliations: The Thunderbolts, The Maggia
    PL 9 (138)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Deception 3 (+3)
    Intimidation 5 (+5)
    Expertise (Botany) 12 (+12)
    Ranged Combat (Plants) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
    Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Living Plant" Immunity 4 (Heat, Drowning, Starvation, Poison) [4]
    Features 1: May Change to Human Form as a Free Action [1]
    "Moving Along Vines" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
    Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
    Comprehend 2 (Speak To & Understand Plants) [4]
    "Plant Control" Mind Control 4 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2, Limited to Plants) [12]

"Plant Control" Snare 9 (Feats: Reversible) Linked to Blast 4 (39) -- [45]
    • AE: "Wide Snare" Snare 8 (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Flaws: Touch Range) (33)
    • AE: "Plant Growth" Growth 10 (Flaws: Affects Others +0, Limited to Plants) (20)
    • AE: "Plant Blast" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
    • AE: "Multiple Vine Stabs" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24)
    • AE: "Vines Tear the Earth" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (9)
    • AE: "Mold Toss" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Attack, Ranged) (8)

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Plant Snare +8 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
    Wide Snare +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
    Plant Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Vines Tear the Earth +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
    Motivation (Environment)- The Force of Nature are out to save the environment, by any means necessary. Murder, kidnapping and extortion are all acceptable practices.
    Vulnerable (Flame, Herbicides)- Plant Material is prone to being set aflame.
    Involuntary Transformation (Unmoving Plant Material if Dehydrated)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 70 / Defenses: 13 (138)

-Terraformer's a weird idea. A Plant Controller? Fine. A few characters in comics like that, and it's one of the few power-sets that hasn't been completely overdone over the years, so he's appreciated. But being a sentient plant-creature created by no-name character Plant-Man years earlier, who has somehow gone off on his own? I mean, why didn't they just use PLANT-MAN then? This guy was an early Mark Bagley character design (meaning he had a visor- which Bagley loved like Liefeld loved pouches & eye-markings), being a ripped guy who got dehydrated and turned into a plant after doing by far the best out of the Force of Nature (why not FORCES, I always wondered- the plural made more sense). He reappeared a few years later as much more plant-like, and in the "Initiative" series as an unspeaking gigantic dude who looked alot like Groot of the Guardians of the Galaxy. So he's still around.

-Terraformer (actually a sentient Simuloid version of himself, but with the same overall abilities) actually seemed REALLY effective in the New Warriors comics I have featuring him. He was pretty built, and his Plant Control extended over a MASSIVE range, with vines strong enough to hold Nova and Namorita in place, helpless, and he ensnared dozens of civilians at a time with the greatest of ease. Marvel Boy & Firestar had to team up to beat him, but her Microwave Pulse turned him into a brown piece of slag due to dehydration, and he lost his form as a result. So he's got some big-time weaknesses, but is a bit more expensive than the other guys on his team.

TERRAFORMER (Samuel Smithers, aka Plantman, Blackheath)
    Created By:
    Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
    First Appearance: Strange Tales #113 (Oct. 1963)
    Group Affiliations: The Thunderbolts, The Maggia
    PL 9 (152)
    STRENGTH
    9 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Intimidation 5 (+5)
    Expertise (Botany) 11 (+11)
    Ranged Combat (Plants) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
    Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
    "Living Plant" Immunity 4 (Heat, Drowning, Starvation, Poison) [4]
    "Tough Bark" Protection 1 [1]
    "Moving Along Vines" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
    Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
    Comprehend 2 (Speak To & Understand Plants) [4]
    "Plant Control" Mind Control 4 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2, Limited to Plants) [12]
    "Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

"Plant Control" Snare 9 (Feats: Reversible) Linked to Blast 4 (39) -- [45]
    • AE: "Wide Snare" Snare 8 (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Flaws: Touch Range) (33)
    • AE: "Plant Growth" Growth 10 (Flaws: Affects Others +0, Limited to Plants) (20)
    • AE: "Plant Blast" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
    • AE: "Multiple Vine Stabs" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24)
    • AE: "Vines Tear the Earth" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (9)
    • AE: "Mold Toss" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Attack, Ranged) (8)

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Plant Snare +8 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
    Wide Snare +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
    Plant Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Vines Tear the Earth +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
    Vulnerable (Flame, Herbicides)- Plant Material is prone to being set aflame.
    Involuntary Transformation (Unmoving Plant Material if Dehydrated)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 77 / Defenses: 13 (152)

-By Initiative in modern times, he looks a fair bit different, and gets a boost in personal power. He's now part-Powerhouse as well, but still just as vulnerable to flame & heat- a missed pulse by Sunstreak wiped the floor with him. That's the problem with Plant-Guys... they have a TON of potential powers (the Alt-Effect potential boggles the mind, especially if you spend lots of points), but most all of them will have a boatload of weaknesses alongside them. He also loses his Deception & Teamwork, as his humanity falters. Fire & herbicides will wipe them right out.

MCRN Admiral

Sunstreak

SUNSTREAK (Andrea Rourke)
    Created By:
    Terry Kavanagh & Jim Cheung
    First Appearance: Iron Man #330 (July 1996)
    Group Affiliations: The Initiative, Stockpile, Force of Nature
    PL 8 (127)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Deception 3 (+5)
    Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
    Insight 3 (+4)
    Intimidation 5 (+7)
    Ranged Attack (Solar Lance) 3 (+8)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
    Flame Aura 8 (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent) [32]
    "Solar Lance" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) [17]

Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
    Immunity 10 (Fire & Heat Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 17)
    Flame Aura +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Fire Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 66 / Defenses: 14 (127)

-Sunstreak is a low-end Iron Man villain that got some play in The Initiative. In the series, she was a reformed villain loyal to Norman Osborn, and even turned on her friend Prodigy because Osborn commanded it. She joined that version of Force of Nature (since Silk Fever was permanently in The Folding Circle by that point). She's basically a super-generic Fire Blaster, though she has the same permanent aura than Silk Fever does, albeit it CAN'T be turned off.

MCRN Admiral

Silk Fever

SILK FEVER (Min Li Ng, aka "Firewall")
    Created By:
    Fabian Nicieza & Mark Bagley
    First Appearance: The New Warriors #21 (March 1992)
    Group Affiliations: The Folding Circle, Force of Nature
    PL 9 (141)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Deception 4 (+6)
    Expertise (Survival) 2 (+4)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Intimidation 5 (+7)
    Investigation 4 (+6)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Ranged Combat (Fire) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
    Daze (Intimidation), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
    "Wellspring-Given Powers"
    Flame Aura 8 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Continuous) (41) -- [49]
    • Dynamic AE: Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (19)
    • Dynamic AE: Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (19)
    • Dynamic AE: Fire Blast 9 (Feats: Split) (20)
    • Dynamic AE: Deflect 9 (10)

Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
    Immunity 10 (Fire & Heat Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
    "Fire Field" Immunity 5 (Ballistics) [5]

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 17)
    Flame Aura +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Fire Blast +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
    Fire Attacks +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 72 / Defenses: 13 (141)

-Firewall (later "Silk Fever") was a Cambodian woman who gained super-powers as a result of some mystical argle-bargle in the New Warriors run- she was a Force of Nature operative, but quickly moved on to the NEXT team in the book- called the Folding Circle. Very powerful, she was probably the biggest threat on her team, but was still fairly vulnerable and was beaten.*

-Silk Fever is the most dangerous of her team in some ways (being full-on PL 9), and has a really powerful Aura that won't go down if she's unconscious (she can, however, turn it off at will). She's a standard Flying Blaster Elementalist build otherwise, with Half-Immunity, Flight and a "Firewall" Force Field that blocks bullets & arrows easily, but doesn't stop Nova from just flying up to her and chucking her into a tree. So like the others, she's a Glass Cannon, but is a really POWERFUL type of Cannon, despite being only PL 9. Night Thrasher actually explicitly points out how dangerous her fire is, nearly explaining the M&M "Area Effect" rules flat-out, with "you can't dodge it and she doesn't aim it- it just APPEARS in the area she chooses".

MCRN Admiral

The Folding Circle

THE FOLDING CIRCLE:
    -This is basically a squad of guys built up over a couple issues, based off of Tai's ancient conspiracy to birth a new generation of super-powered kids. Using Asian baby-mamas and American soldiers (to gain access to "East and West"-style thinking), Tai hoped to sacrifice all of the children to gain power for herself. Night Thrasher was kinda-sorta one of them (even though his dad refused his Asian bride and got offed for it), teaming up with*

-As part of the mega-arc in The New Warriors, the team was opposed by other children of the soldiers who'd made a deal with Tai years ago, to help her gain power from The Well Of All Things, in the temple of The Dragon's Breadth cult. Classic comics, like ya do. The only soldier who'd refused was Night Thrasher's father, and he was murdered as a result- another soldier was Chord, the father of Silhouette & Midnight's Fire. The leader of the group, The Left Hand, is actually one of the original soldiers, and managed to steal the power from his own child. The Circle is built up slowly over several issues, finally uniting with Midnight's Fire to take power for themselves.

The major problem? These guys stink. I mean, they're FUNNY and super-dated, but they're straight-up awful Jobber Villains, and thus they kind of mess up the grandness of this storyline, and its potential blow-off. They team up with the Warriors to fight Tai (who's planning to sacrifice all of her grandchildren and the Warriors in order to gain ultimate power), who is killed by Night Thrasher. The Left Hand also dies in the conflict, and the remaining members end up in Madripoor, where they unseat Aardwolf as the local crime lord, but are later taken down by Thrash & Silhouette. They then vanished from comics until semi-recently, Bloodstrike, Silk Fever & Smiling Tiger are seen as part of The Thunderbolts during Civil War.

The Roster:
    Bloodstrike- Super-Strong organized crime member.
    The Left Hand- Darkforce User & Team Leader.
    Midnight's Fire- Chord's son (and Silhouette's brother), with enhanced physicality and a hate-on for Night Trasher.
    Night Thrasher & Silhouette- Infiltrate the group in order to destroy it.
    Silk Fever- Originally from The Force of Nature, but turns out to be a member of these guys.
    Smiling Tiger- Unspeaking Claw Guy.