Page 901 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

Re: Jab's Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
    One of my early crinoverse campaigns was based on the New Warriors reality show era, which I thought was kind of a neat concept.

The campaign died (like ya do), but my major plan for it was to have Penance (or rather a version of the Marvel Universe where Civil War ended up wiping out all life on the planet) as the major villain, trying to kill the New Warrior PC's in a misguided attempt to keep history from repeating itself.

But yeah, the whole Stamford thing is one of the stupidest things in comics. Basically victim blaming of the highest priority. What galls me is that everyone was so busy blaming Speedball, that almost no one went after Nitro, the guy who actually did it. I think Wolverine hunted him a bit, and eventually Penance did track him down and stuck him in his penance suit, but that's about it.
    The worst part of it is, wasn't it revealed that the people who set Nitro up for this, and thus are the real villains of the whole of Civil Wars despite never being mentioned in it, were Damage Control? Yes. The background joke of the Marvel Universe. Caused the deaths of dozens of children.

And, really, I don't get it. I can see the public reacting negatively to heroes and to the Warriors specifically. But no one, not even the anti-registration side, not one person mentions that the people there were for the most part pros at this and that they were prepared for the fight. The only reason it happened was that one of the guys there had a power upgrade they had no way of knowing about.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    The worst part of it is, wasn't it revealed that the people who set Nitro up for this, and thus are the real villains of the whole of Civil Wars despite never being mentioned in it, were Damage Control? Yes. The background joke of the Marvel Universe. Caused the deaths of dozens of children.

And, really, I don't get it. I can see the public reacting negatively to heroes and to the Warriors specifically. But no one, not even the anti-registration side, not one person mentions that the people there were for the most part pros at this and that they were prepared for the fight. The only reason it happened was that one of the guys there had a power upgrade they had no way of knowing about.
    Yeah, basically, even if the AVENGERS had been there, the tragedy would have been the same.

Stormson: Yeah, I left some notes for the characters in my builds of them, but I don't want to bother doing official ones . A pile of D-League characters wielding devices that'll never be seen again? I'll pass.

Mageofthesands: Really? I figured I must have at some point. I'll check. Edit: Yup- here he is: The Mandarin.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 11-02-2015 at 02:24 PM.

MCRN Admiral

Water Snake

WANT.

WATER SNAKE (Faira Sar Namora)
    Created By:
    Christopher Yost & Marcus To
    First Appearance: The New Warriors #1 (Feb. 2014)
    Role: Scrapper, Water-Controller
    PL 8 (132)
    STRENGTH
    6 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 1 (+7)
    Expertise (Atlantean Soldier) 5 (+5)
    Intimidation 4 (+4)
    Perception 3 (+3)
    Stealth 1 (+4)
    Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
    Equipment 2 (Trident, Nets), Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Underwater), Improved Critical (Trident), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 5, Startle

Powers:
    "Atlantean Physiology"
    Swimming 6 (30 mph) [6]

Immunity 3 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [3]
    Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
    Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
    Protection 1 [1]

"Hydrokinesis"
    Move Object 8 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Perception-Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Water) (17) -- [19]
    • AE: Water Blast 8 (16)
    • AE: Create Water Objects 6 (12)

Equipment:
    "Thrown Trident" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Ranged 7) (Diminished Range -1) (8) -- (10)
    • AE: "Net" Snare 5 (Flaws: Limited to One Use) (5)
    • AE: "Trident" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) (2)

Offense:
    Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Trident +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
    Water Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +8

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
    Responsibility (Atlantis)
    Weakness (Lack of Water)- If left without water, Atlanteans will grow progressively weaker. After a long period of time, they will becoming Fatigued, Impaired, Disabled, Stunned, etc. (in addition to dropping Strength & Stamina consistently). They will also suffocate after 10 minutes outside of water, unless they have a special helmet or serum.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 15 (132)

-Water Snake joins the new New Warriors team after watching her people slaughtered by the High Evolutionary's minions. A Handmaiden of Lady Namora (Namor's cousin, and a 1950s heroine), she's a trained fighter, and uses Hydrokinesis to do battle, making her a combination Blaster/Scrapper build. There's little else to go on with her, though.

MCRN Admiral

Re: Haechi

Quote Originally Posted by Stormson View Post
    This is the guy that killed that particular volume, IMO. He is a completely terrible character that got a focus because of the inhumans push, but wasn't worth the amount of focus he received, and it completely derailed the book.
    Also- the High Evolutionary. I am fairly certain that there has never been a good comic book story involving him. Ever.

Re: Haechi

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Also- the High Evolutionary. I am fairly certain that there has never been a good comic book story involving him. Ever.
    Involving? Sure. He had a bit part in the second Annihilation.

Had a major part in? I'm honestly blanking. Which is weird, guy's got a good look, a decent backstory, and a mountain full of animal men knights with sky cycles. He should be glorious.

MCRN Admiral

Sun Girl (Selah Burke)

SUN GIRL II (Selah Burke)
    Created By:
    Christopher Yost & Marco Checchetto
    First Appearance: Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1 (July 2013)
    Role: Rookie Hero
    PL 8 (104)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
    Insight 2 (+4)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Technology 7 (+11)

Advantages:
    Improved Aim, Inventor, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
    "Flight Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [23]
    Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
    Blast 8 (16)
    -- (28 points)

"Light Guns" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [13]
    Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (21 points)

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Energy Blast +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
    Relationship (Lightmaster)- Selah is the daughter of a mostly-unknown Jobber Villain.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 11 (104)

-Seriously, Yost added TWO prior characters of his from other series into The New Warriors. Oh well- writer's prerogative. Selah Burke is possessed by the Carrion Virus in an issue of Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, and is saved by Ock-Spidey- it turns out that she's the previously-unknown daughter of jobber villain Lightmaster. In return, she saves Spider-Man from the previously-Mind Controlled Superior Six (Chameleon, Electro, Sandman, Mysterion & Vulture). Finding Otto condescending, she leaves on bad terms. By this point, she's become the new Sun Girl, taking the name from an old ally of the Jim Hammond Human Torch. Next, she appears on the relaunched New Warriors book.

-Burke is a good engineer who's invented her own gear- a Blaster Suit and Light Guns. This is a bit redundant, so I made one stronger, and the other Multiattack in addition to being Easily Removable.

there was a fun story involving him where he faced off against a mix matched team of avengers including Beast, Cap, Grey Hulk, Hercules, and the female Yellow Jacket. one of the avengers annuals.
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Quote Originally Posted by catsi563 View Post
    there was a fun story involving him where he faced off against a mix matched team of avengers including Beast, Cap, Grey Hulk, Hercules, and the female Yellow Jacket. one of the avengers annuals.
    Evolutionary War. it was supposed to be the big summer crossover that year... and came right on the Heels of the Inferno crossover over in the X-books, iirc

Protomolecule Host

What exactly is a randomizing website? Could make some interesting scenarios if it's what it sounds like.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Clink View Post
    What exactly is a randomizing website? Could make some interesting scenarios if it's what it sounds like.
    Www.random.org/lists. Generally good for randomized stuff for tournaments or Battle Royals.