Page 882 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 3827828328728808818828838848929329821382 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Vertigo I

VERTIGO I
    Created By:
    Len Wein & George Perez
    First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #186 (Sept. 1977)
    Role: Afflicter, Field Leader
    Group Affiliations: Salem's Seven
    PL 9 (137)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Deception 4 (+7)
    Expertise (Magic) 8 (+11)
    Expertise (History) 4 (+7)
    Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 6 (+9)
    Insight 4 (+7)
    Intimidation 4 (+7)
    Investigation 4 (+7)
    Perception 5 (+8)
    Persuasion 3 (+6)

Advantages:*
    Benefit (High Priestess of New Salem), Defensive Roll 2, Ritualist, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Vertigo Form" Alternate Form (Action -1) [-1]

"Vertigo Effect" Affliction 10 (Will; Impaired & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective) [60]

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Vertigo Effect +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
    Initiative +5

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
    Motivation (Guarding New Salem)- All of the Seven are not truly evil- they just want to protect their home. Problem is, they're highly mistrustful and xenophobic.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 59 / Defenses: 13 (137)

-Vertigo (yes, there is more than one in the Marvel Universe- the other, Marauder version is the most famous, having been given a unique appearance and a kick-ass event to work with, whereas this one is just some black lady in a hyper-'70s fro/big-sleeved shirt ensemble) was the unofficial "team leader" of the Salem's Seven when Scratch wasn't around, being his eldest daughter by some coven ally of his.

-She works pretty much the same as the OTHER Vertigo (I'm thinking the writers weren't aware when creating the later character that this already existed), having a massive Vertigo Effect that covers a wide area, affects everyone inside it, and allows her teammates a massive advantage in combat (Selective Attack means they aren't affected). This makes her the only PL 10 of the team thus far, and she's also the most skilled, being the best mage (I don't think any of them were of the "fireball throwing" variety, so Ritualist will do fine for them all). Her addition makes the team actually pretty lethal- three Blasters so far, almost everyone's fairly Tough, and a few have nasty team-tricks (Vertigo, Vakume's Air Blast while Insubstantial).

MCRN Admiral

Brutacus

BRUTACUS
    Created By:
    Len Wein & George Perez
    Role: The Powerhouse
    PL 9 (114)
    STRENGTH
    11 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Expertise (Magic) 5 (+5)
    Intimidation 8 (+8)
    Perception 5 (+6)
    Investigation 4 (+5)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ritualist, Startle

Powers:
    "Brutacus Form" Alternate Form (Action -1) [-1]

Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 5) [6]
    Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]

"Strength Feats"
    "Groundstrike" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (12) -- [13]
    • AE: "Line Groundstrike" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (12)

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
    Groundstrikes +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
    Initiative +5

Defenses:
    Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
    Motivation (Guarding New Salem)- All of the Seven are not truly evil- they just want to protect their home. Problem is, they're highly mistrustful and xenophobic.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 8 (114)

-Brutacus is the "muscle" of the Salem's Seven, being their strongest and toughest member. Well, really, EVERY team needs one of those guys, especially since Marvel popularized the "at least one Super-Heavyweight per team" policy in the Super-Hero Union books (though it didn't truly get instigated until the 1990s). The horned-lion look is actually decent, but he looks like a lamer version of The Griffin. At least he's a better lion-themed guy than Leo of the Zodiac Cartel.

-Brutacus is your standard Powerhouse, but with some differences. He's designed to go up against The Thing or Vision on a one-on-one basis and hold his own, but that's likely all he'll do- he lacks Ben's raw power or Vision's multi-faceted approach to combat, and ends up being a low-pointed PL 9 guy- the cheapest by far of his entire team. He's just a little bit too limited.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-20-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Re: Jab's Builds!

I like how all the members seem to be updated in appearances.

I remember Vertigo with a large Afro hair style and large sleeves with a more purpleish costume---the pic you showed looks much better. To bad her power also didn't get some kind of upgrade.

Brutacus however, I have only seen in a furry form and looking much different than the pic here. More lionish or sasquatchian than this hairless character. I thought he was supposed to be even stronger than the Thing, at least when they first fought? Never heard he was part mutant, either.

Weren't all of these characters grand-children of Agatha Harness and children of Nicholas Scratch?

MCRN Admiral

Reptilla

REPTILLA
    Created By:
    Len Wein & George Perez
    Role: The Scrapper
    PL 9 (151)
    STRENGTH
    5 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 5
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Athletics 5 (+10)
    Deception 3 (+4)
    Expertise (Magic) 5 (+6)
    Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 5 (+6)
    Insight 5 (+6)
    Intimidation 6 (+7)
    Investigation 4 (+5)
    Perception 6 (+7)
    Stealth 5 (+10)

Advantages:
    All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Snake Bites), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Reptilla Form" Alternate Form (Action -1) [-1]

"Arms That Are Also Snakes"
    Power-Lifting 2 (3 tons) [2]
    Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split, Reach 5) [8]
    Elongation 2 [2]

"Venomous Bite"
    Weaken Stamina 8 (Feats: Split, Reach 5) (Extras: Progression +2) [30]

"Snake's Tail"
    Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
    "Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended & Acute Scent, Infravision) [3]

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Poison +10 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
    Initiative +9

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 12 (151)

-Reptilla is the most visually interesting of the Salem's Seven; she's a green reptilian woman with snakes for arms (like that He-Man villain!) and a snake's tail. This makes her the forefront member of the squad whenever they're seen in group pre-fight mode (usually the only way they're seen, now that I think about it), and she usually does the best in combat, grappling a strong hero or something.

-Reptilla is like most of the team, a PL 9 semi-balanced fighter who's pretty accurate and kinda tough, but not overly lethal. She's quite strong, and VERY effective in Grappling (All the Advantages, plus Power-Lifting 2, in case you wanna use that as a Tiebreaker), and can extend her limbs out by quite a ways. I also figured I'd give her a snake's senses and some toughness. The whole of Salem's Seven apart don't make much of a villian set-up, but when combined, they're VERY dangerous, even to a team of PL 11s like the Fantastic Four (their baseline opponents). They outnumber them almost two-to-one, all have Set-Up & Teamwork, and they've got Reptilla & Brutacus to lay down some damage in Melee while the others Blast away and Vertigo messes up the FF's minds. The fact that Reptilla can just tie up any one of the heroes for any length of time makes her a devastating team player.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-20-2015 at 10:44 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by brothersale View Post
    Teams i don't think you have done yet (feel free to correct me, i may have missed them):
    The Cavalry
    Liberteens
    Heavy Hitters
    Command
    Desert Stars
    Freedom Force
    The Ranger
    Action Pack
    Garrison
    Nebraska Initiative
    Point Men
    Avengers (1950s)
    Bogatyri
    Braddock Academy
    Brute Force
    Brotherhood of the Shield
    China Force
    Children of the Vault
    DeathWeb
    Desert Sword
    Euroforce
    Exemplars
    The Order (II)
    First Line (The Lost Generation)
    Gamma Corps
    Latverian School of Science
    Pantheon
    The Pride
    Les Heroes de Paris
    Livewires
    MI-13
    Wakandan School For Alternative Studies
    Pan-Asian School For The Unusually Gifted
    SHE (Super Heroes of Europe)
    University of Atlantis
    Young Masters of Evil
    Bastard of Evil
    Young Allies
    Triumph Division
    Dynasty
    Ascendants
    S.P.E.A.R.
    Atlas
    People's Defense Force
    Unique Heroes and villians of Counter-earth (franklin)
    I know I've statted (or an least mentioned) alot of that group. Check the first page for team names and individual members.

There's also a Master List of Marvel guys I've never statted up, but it's not in front of me at the moment.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-20-2015 at 11:08 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Goldar View Post
    I like how all the members seem to be updated in appearances.

I remember Vertigo with a large Afro hair style and large sleeves with a more purpleish costume---the pic you showed looks much better. To bad her power also didn't get some kind of upgrade.

Brutacus however, I have only seen in a furry form and looking much different than the pic here. More lionish or sasquatchian than this hairless character. I thought he was supposed to be even stronger than the Thing, at least when they first fought? Never heard he was part mutant, either.

Weren't all of these characters grand-children of Agatha Harness and children of Nicholas Scratch?
    Villains are often given hype like that at first. Nowadays, Brutacus is a Jobber, so he get Jobber Stats.

He's no part Mutant either. Where'd you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    He's no part Mutant either. Where'd you get that?
    From the pic you used---it states that in the box!

To quote: "He is part witch, part mutant."

Did I read this wrong? Perhaps that is a different Brutacus?

Re: Reptilla

REPTILLA
    Heh, I can't see her name without thinking of that song by the Strokes.

OPA Belta

Re: Vertigo I

Is she a water-bender?

OPA Belta

IMO, they key to giving Apocalypse the "cred" he needs in the comics is going to involve doing what they haven't really been willing to do. They need to round up a bunch of "Red Guardian" type characters, with just enough fan base to annoy/build buzz but have nothing going in the forseeable future, make them his "final" Horsemen, and have them just wreck shop on the C-List of X-men/mutants. They can then trade win/losses with the primary X-Characters, and with enough care and direction, Apocalypse's stock can only rise.

IE, for example, I think Rage, from the New Warriors, would make an ideal candidate for conversion to "Horseman of War" due to not only his unused status so the new status quo can stick, but there were elements of that character that making it a figurehead for "WAR" could cause a few interesting stories at least.

This is actually quite unlikely to ever happen however. I suspect the best candidates are not going to have ties to the X-Verse for the most part, and with the limited creation available to X-Men writers due to movie issues, its unlikely anything new or intermingling existing non-mutant properties is going to get a push.