Page 863 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 3637638138538618628638648658739139631363 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Lizzie Hearts

LIZZIE HEARTS (Daughter of The Queen of Hearts)
    Role:
    Antagonist-Gone-Good
    Played by: Wendee Lee
    PL 2 (30), PL 3 (30) Defenses
    STRENGTH
    0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
    FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
    Deception 3 (+4)
    Expertise (Wonderlandian) 5 (+6)
    Expertise (Princess-ology) 4 (+5)
    Expertise (Fashion Design) 8 (+9)
    Intimidation 3 (+4)
    Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
    None

Powers:
    "Off With ____ Head!" Damage 2 (Feats: Subtle, Reach) [4]

Offense:
    Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
    Hand Slice +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Initiative +0

Defenses:
    Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +1, Fortitude +1, Will +4

Complications:
    Responsibility (Destiny)- All of the children of Fairytale Characters are expected to carry on the exact destinies and stories of their parents. Lizzie is thus expected to become the next Queen of Hearts.
    Responsibility (Royal)- Lizzie has pledged to become the next Queen of Hearts.
    Relationship (The Queen of Hearts- Mother)- Lizzie's mom is a bit... "off"... ever since The Evil Queen attempted a takeover of Wonderland years ago. The two also have seen little of each other, as the Queen's evil nearly took over Wonderland, requiring an exiling of the children.
    Relationship/Secret (Daring Charming)- In one webisode, Daring did the whole "He made a bet to date Lizzie... but he didn't bet on FALLING IN LOVE!" thing with Lizzie, and the two found themselves enjoying each other's company. But since Lizzie's expected to be the next Queen of Hearts, this is an "Off-Book" relationship, and so they hide it from everyone else.
    Responsibility (Hard to Understand)- Lizzie has picked up some... odd habits from Wonderland. She screams "Off With Her Head!" at people, enjoys cutting things up, and occasionally acts very cruelly... but doesn't actually mean to be that awful.
    Responsibility (Wonderland)

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 3 (30)

-Lizzie is a curious one- she initially debuted as a Backgrounder, as often as not just causing trouble with "Off With Her Head!"-related puns, acting selfishly (she randomly grabbed people's "Hearts" during True Hearts Day, getting in the way of Dexter & Raven hooking up), or generally just being nasty. Then all of a sudden she pops up with a more positive attitude, cheerfully helping others, and revealing that some of her personality comes from attempting to be like her mother, and some misunderstandings ("Off With Her Head!" is apparently a perfectly-acceptable greeting in Wonderland). It seems to have started around the episode where Daring Charming bets Sparrow Hood that he can get a date with Lizzie... only to of course discover he actually DOES kind of like her, and she him. A kind Lizzie agrees to date him, but only if they can keep it secret (as she's supposed to be the next Queen of Hearts).

-I think this may be a result of unexpected popularity- after being minor for a while, Lizzie has appeared in a big role in the past TWO EAH TV Specials (Spring Unsprung and Way Too Wonderland). It's probably due to her GREAT design- she looks villainous as all hell with that heart-mark over one eye, and her Queenly regalia, but it's an AWESOME design- one of the few A-class, Monster High-level looks.

-Curiouser & curiouser, Lizzie is one of the only Wonderlandians who speaks with an English accent. Alistair, Bunny & Maddie do not. And OH MY GOD, that scene in WTW where she thinks her mother doesn't love her (long story: Courtly Jester is mimicking Lizzie with a Magic Spell, convincing the Queen that it's Opposite Day. Thus, the Queen tells Lizzie that "I DON'T love you!" and "I HAVEN'T missed you!", breaking her little heart)?? SO ENDEARING! To see her heart break, and sadly wipe tears away- so sad!

-Lizzie is a pretty typical character, sporting some social issues, but is fairly Intimidating for a teenage girl, and has the weird power to wave her finger by things and have them invisibly "slice" open. She usually does this to things like flowers, but once did it to a playing card. I have no idea how powerful it is, really. She's also the official "Fashionista" of Ever After High, having been seen creating the new looks for the girls during Spring Unsprung (a neat set of dress designs that focused mainly on long dresses with black vine motifs everywhere).
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-06-2017 at 02:19 AM.

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

I'm really going to have to check this one out. It's kinda funny, I've really enjoyed the Fables comic series which ruined me for Once Upon a Time and Grimm. I have a feeling that those two series are really good but just can't compare to Fables. I hope that this series lives up.

I really hope that you enjoy your trip!

MCRN Admiral

Daring Charming

DARING CHARMING (Son of King Charming)
    Role:
    Supreme Narcissist
    Played by: Evan Smith
    PL 8 (89)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
    Acrobatics 2 (+6)
    Athletics 10 (+12)
    Expertise (Knight) 8 (+8)
    Intimidation 2 (+6)
    Perception 4 (+4)
    Persuasion 2 (+6, +10 Attractive)

Advantages:
    Attractive 2, Daze (Persuasion), Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Knightly Gear), Fast Grab, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
    "Flashing That Charming Smile" Affliction 4 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Swooning, Limited to Damsels) [2]
    "The Ideal Male" Enhanced Advantages 2: Beginner's Luck, Jack-Of-All-Trades (Flaws: Limited to Masculine Activities) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Sword +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
    Responsibility (Destiny)- All of the children of Fairytale Characters are expected to carry on the exact destinies and stories of their parents. Daring is thus expected to become one of many Prince Charmings to rescue helpless damsels.
    Responsibility (Royal)- Daring is the ultimate Royal, wanting to become a classic Prince Charming.
    Addiction (Staring At Himself)- Daring is unable to look away every time he catches a glimpse of himself in a reflective surface. He can also not part with mirrors.
    Relationship (Apple White, All Women)- Daring is assumed to be the one to rescue Apple White when they're adults, but plays the field now. In one short, he begins dating Lizzie Hearts in secret.
    Relationship (Dexter Charming- Brother)- Daring is cool with his "Bro", though often comes off as condescending and belittling without meaning to.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 17 (89)

-Given that it's a school set in a Fairytale Universe, it stands to reason that there are Prince Charmings about. A LOT of Prince Charmings, as there's plenty of myths out there involving one (a large number of tales centre around the girls, but feature some amorphous non-entity male coming in and the last second to save the day, often with a magical kiss. Though in the original Sleeping Beauty, the guy knocks up the girl WHILE SHE'S ASLEEP!). So you see a lot of background guys wearing crowns, but only a couple get names- debuting right early on, but never earning his own doll, is the narcissistic, self-obsessed Daring Charming. Brother to Dexter, and future-betrothed of Apple White, he's constantly staring at his own reflection, and flirting with absolutely every girl he sees.

-Given that he's... well, not an ANTAGONIST, per se, but certainly a semi-unlikeable figure, Daring has yet to earn his own doll, and most people in the fandom aren't taken with him. He's basically every stereotype of a Prince Charming embodied in one person, which is kind of the point. It's kind of interesting though, that the series has been able to make a brave, heroic, upstanding individual look like a negative character (in Spring Unsprung, which reverses a ton of characters' traits, his main alteration is to become a COWARD). His only real "positive" is from the episode where he makes a bet with Sparrow Hood on whether or not he can date Lizzie Hearts, who is notoriously-prickly. It goes in the course pretty much every single time has ever happened in the history of Pop Culture, and so they end up liking each other for realz

-Daring is the most physically-capable student at Ever After High (well, MALE student)- it's a major plot point that he's successful and perfect at pretty much EVERYTHING a fairytale male should do, dominating all school athletics and achievements. This is largely in contrast to his unfortunate brother Dexter, who struggles at this aspect of manhood, and thus feels lesser for it. In fact, 90% of the time, when you see Daring do something, it's either as a contrast to his brother, or meant for a sight gag over him staring into a mirror. So he's this funny combination of everything a hero should be, and everything a man SHOULDN'T.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-06-2017 at 02:20 AM.

Re: Daring Charming

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    oh my god.

I see this picture, and my one thought is

"he is strong in the power of The Douche Side."

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    oh my god.

"Master, is the Douche Side more powerful?"

"No, but it is smarmier."

OPA Belta

I can smell the cloud of Axe Body-Spray that hangs around him, even through the screen of my smartphone...

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    oh my god.

I know what you mean: He's such a douche the popped collar is built in to his outfit..... It can never be unpopped.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

OPA Belta

Re: Humphrey & Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post

-Fun Fact: Nowhere in the poem of Humpty Dumpty does it say that the character is supposed to be an egg. And really, why WOULD it? You can't put an egg back together at all! Not that it's particularly easy with PEOPLE, either, but... In any case, the character/rhyme has been combined with a walking, talking egg for reasons that are lost to history.
    There's actually a creepypasta that points this fact out.

Seriously though, this kid got the most raw deal of them all. His destiny is to sit on a wall and fall to his death (or at least to a permanently crippling injury). What the Heck?

I mean do the creators of this show really expect anyone to be on the royals side? Because this is the most messed up premise ever. I can only imagine that somewhere in this school there's the daughter of the old woman who lived in the shoe, and she's destined to live in a giant boot with a ton of kids whom she has to beat. And there's Jack Sprat's kids, who are destined for one to become rail thin and the other morbidly obese.

What are the faculty at this school like? Who came up with this insane system?
    Urge to Stat Rising: My blog where I post write ups for monsters for the Pathfinder system.

MCRN Admiral

Headmaster Grimm is in charge, and is an almighty douchebag. He threatens than Raven Queen will disappear (ie. die) if she doesn't sign the Storybook, and when she doesn't, and calls him on that fact, he just yells at her. He threatens everyone that NOT signing will have "Dire Consequences!" but never explains what they are. He also yells at anyone who tries to rock the boat even a little bit, such as when Cupid discovered a hidden holiday (True Hearts Day)- he threatens to shut the whole party down.

In the books, he's even worse- following around Raven Queen (who's shown a disinterest in signing the Storybook) and inventing lies and fake evidence of what'll happen if she doesn't (such as a skeleton of some girl who didn't sign, with a fake message she "wrote on the wall" stating "I SHOULD HAVE SIGNED THE BOOK".

In both continuities, he imprisoned his brother Giles, who believes that students should be free to choose their own destiny, beneath the school, and placed a spell on him that he could only speak "Riddlish". The only thing keeping him from being SUPER-evil is the fact that a lot of this is played for laughs (like him watching Raven's guitar solo and demanding it be "MORE EVIL!").

HOWEVER...

There are strong hints that all this signing/not signing business could have actual consequences, largely based around Raven's mom: The Evil Queen. When Raven doesn't sign the Storybook, Milton Grimm watches a magic mirror that echoes her laughter. AND, he definitely seems to believe that people following their own destiny will eventually destroy their stories, and thus destroy the entire realm of Ever After. Whether or not this is TRUE is unclear, but HE certainly seems to buy it.

And also, he and his brother make peace really quickly.

The Other Faculty:
    Rumpelstiltskin- Gives impossible assignments, and punishes failure by forcing the students to spin gold for him.
    Baba Yaga- Is on Headmaster Grimm's side, and helped form an "Intervention" to get Raven to be more evil. Also heads Home Evilnomics, where one assignment is to turn an ANIMAL evil.
    Giles Grimm- Wants the students to follow their own destiny.
    The Pied Piper- Simply the muse-ic teacher, nothing more.
    Evil step-librarians - Current librarians
    Gold - Royal advisor/Unspecified teacher (possibly no longer employed)
    White Queen - Teacher of Princessology and Kingdom Management
    Mr. Badwolf - Teacher of General Villainy
    Gingerbreadman - Teacher of Grimmnastics (standard "Coach" character)
    Jack B. Nimble - Unspecified teacher, likely of Storytelling 101
    Poppa Bear - Teacher of Beast Training and Care
    Momma Bear - Unspecified teacher possibly of Cooking Class-ic
    Maid Marian - Teacher of Damsel-in-Distressing (appears to dislike it)
    King Charming - Teacher of Heroics 101 and possibly Advanced Wooing (never seen in the show)
    Mother Goose - School Counselor
    Card - Teacher of Art
    Knight - Teacher of Wooing 101 and Hero Training
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 10-30-2015 at 12:45 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Dexter Charming

Can't... decide... which Ship... I Ship...

---

In the Charmitorium, Daring began wooing his lab damsel, Duchess Swan, "Princess of the lake, you are royally stunning. Even standing next to me, which is saying something. For my smile shines like the sun, my golden hair glitters, my eyes sparkle like..."

"Is your brother trying to woo himself?" Cupid giggled. She and I waited backstage for our turns. I couldn't stop biting my nails. Dad sat in the first row, clapping with pride as Daring's Ode to Daring ended. Cupid climbed to the balcony, "You're going to be fableous! Good luck!" I'm lucky to have a friend like her.

"NEXT UP, DEXTER CHARMING," dad bellowed, "and I hope you were paying attention to your brother."

I didn't need to. I remembered what Raven said, "You're so much better than Daring. He should wish he was as good as you." She believed in me. Suddenly wooing words started flowing as easily as if I'd studied them, "I always knew you were someone special. You're smart and caring; beautiful and brave. You're strong, and more than that, you give people strength. You give me strength. You're my inspiration. You make me want to be a better hero."

Cupid curiously fainted again with a THUD as everyone in the Charmitorium thunderously applauded, including my dad, "Now that's how a Prince Charming woos!"

Not only did I pass Advanced Wooing, but I finally got dad's approval. On top of that, I knew exactly what was in my heart; I finally knew where my story was going. I had to find Raven.
    -- From Dexter Charming's Doll Diary

DEXTER CHARMING (Son of King Charming)
    Role:
    Shy Guy, Nerdy Hero
    Played by: Evan Smith
    PL 2 (29), PL 4 (29) with Defenses
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 0
    FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+3)
    Deception 2 (+2)
    Expertise (Science) 1 (+4)
    Technology 3 (+6)

Advantages:
    None

Powers:
    "Enchanting Eyes" Affliction 4 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Swooning, Limited to Damsels, Side-Effect- Blinded) [1]

Offense:
    Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +5

Complications:
    Responsibility (Destiny)- All of the children of Fairytale Characters are expected to carry on the exact destinies and stories of their parents. Dexter is thus expected to become one of many Prince Charmings to rescue helpless damsels.
    Responsibility (Royal)- Dexter is a Royal, destined to be one of many Prince Charmings.
    Relationship (Raven Queen)- Dexter has a hugely-obvious crush on Raven Queen, mooning over her constantly.
    Responsibility (Insecure, Shy & Nervous)- Dex lacks confidence in himself, and is fearful of awkward situations. He is prone to tripping over his words, merging them together (Good + Gorgeous = "Gord"). He can't even bring himself to ask out Raven Queen, despite thinking about her for MONTHS.
    ---
    Relationship (C.A. Cupid)- Cupid is one of Dexter's best pals, and the only person he can talk to about his crush on Raven. Sometimes she acts kind of funny, though. "Daring says Cupid likes me. Well DUH- of COURSE she likes me! She's my friend!"
    Relationship/Rivalry (Daring Charming- Brother)- Daring is Dexter's superior at pretty much everything, and has all the girls in school fawning over him. Poor Dexter can only compare himself to Daring and feel bad.
    Relationship (King Charming- Father)- Dexter's father is as boisterous and loud as Daring is, and never misses an opportunity to lecture Dexter about not being as great as his brother is. To King Charming, Dexter can ONLY be Second-Best (and being Third-Best is absolutely out of the question). This does not help with Dex's inferiority complex.
    Relationship (Darling Charming- Sister)- Dexter's twin sister is so beautiful that boys are constantly asking her to marry them- Dex is extremely-protective, getting angry at any boy who comes close. He has no idea that Darling can take of herself.
    Disabled ("Overly-Perfect Vision")- Dexter is basically blind without his glasses, requring them at all times. They appear to block his "Enchanting Eyes".
    Accident (Clumsy)- Dexter is occasionally accident-prone.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 6 (29)

-Dexter is the kind of character who normally shows up more in works targeted at teen males- the Nervous, Stuttering, Foot-In-Mouth Shy Guy just waiting for his opportunity to ask out the girl he likes ("Hey Raven, you look gord! I mean- Good! I don't even know what gord is..."). Main Characters like this are ALL OVER THE PLACE in stuff like American Pie, so it's kind of funny to see "Nerdy Guy Gets The Girl" used so clearly in a franchise targeted towards younger girls. And it WORKS- the female fanbase has Dex as the clear #1 (sure as hell doesn't match MY High School experience, I'll tell you THAT...). Granted, it helps that he's also super-handsome, and looks like any other attractive male without his glasses on.

-Dex is fun, mainly because he plays off of the other characters so well. His crush on Raven is super-endearing and funny, because he turns into such a mess at times ("Adorkable" is the common Internet phrase). He's ultra-jealous of his brother Daring, feeling that "it's not fair!" that he gets all the girls, and he has a huge inferiority complex surrounding not just him, but their father (who's a thing only in the books, really). His friendship with Cupid is both hilarious and sad, because she's so DESPERATELY in love with him, but Dex is of course a teenage boy and can't read "Girl Code" worth a damn (even though Cupid's ridiculously-obvious about it, to the point of giggling at him and basically implying he needs to just ask her out). Some fans get annoyed that Dexter "ignores" her so much, but they're probably quite young, not getting the joke about his cluelessness. There's a fun bit in his Diary where he is paired with her in Advanced Wooing, and all of his attempts at flirting cause her to faint in a heap! Then there's his protectiveness over his sister, Darling (who is, in turn, protective of him, trying to protect him from the physicality of others).

-Dexter's not as elite as his brother is at, well, much of anything, but is a good bit smarter and more technical. He wouldn't be BAD at the physical stuff if he would stop comparing himself to his brother- one of his major Achilles Heels (Cupid: "You spend SO much time comparing yourself to your brother, that you forget you're GREAT- JUST the way you are!").
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-06-2017 at 02:21 AM.