Page 850 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 3507508008408488498508518528609009501350 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Lady Jaye

mmm.... short-haired hotty....

LADY JAYE (Alison R. Hart-Burnett)
    Military Specialty:
    Counter-Intelligence, Personnel Clerk, Armament Repairs
    Role: The Chick, Team Mom (in cartoon), Action Girl, Flirty Chick, Master of Disguise
    Group Affiliations: G.I. Joe
    PL 8 (131)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Acrobatics 2 (+6)
    Athletics 4 (+5)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+9)
    Deception 8 (+11, +13 Attractive)
    Expertise (Soldier) 9 (+12)
    Insight 4 (+7)
    Intimidation 2 (+7)
    Investigation 8 (+11)
    Perception 8 (+11)
    Persuasion 5 (+8, +10 Attractive)
    Ranged Combat (Javelins) 2 (+12)
    Stealth 4 (+8)
    Technology 3 (+6)
    Treatment 1 (+4)
    Vehicles 5 (+7)

Advantages:
    Attractive, Benefit (G.I. Joe Team), Equipment 5, Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Rifle, Javelin), Languages 2 (Several), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Set-Up, Skill Mastery (Deception), Teamwork, Ultimate Soldier Skill, Ultimate Deception

Equipment:
    25 points' worth of Arsenal Equipment (usually uses Javelins)
    "Javelin Toss" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 5) (Diminished Range -1) (6)
    "Exploding Javelin" Blast 6 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Diminished Range -1) (14)
    "Net Javelin" Snare 4 (Diminished Range -1) (11)

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Weapons +10 (+5-6 Ranged Damage, DC 20-21)
    Javelins +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 Kevlar), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
    Responsibilty (G.I. Joe/The U.S. Government)
    Relationship (Flint)- In every continuity, Lady Jaye & Flint are a pair. They're exceptionally flirty and goofy about it, with the Lady often teasing poor Flint, who's forced to get all jealous whenever he thinks she's paying too much attention to another guy.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 68--34 / Advantages: 28 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 19 (131)

-Lady Jaye... this is odd. I remember not liking her on the original cartoon, and I thought Scarlett was way hotter. She's just more feminine (long hair, ponytail, skin-tight uniform, girlier weapon), and had red hair (which I was major into as a pre-pubescent kid for some reason). But looking at the cartoon NOW? Oh, my. Lady Jaye was SMOKING. Slightly-messy short hair, an Audio-Erotica-designed raspy voice, a flirty attitude with Flint (compared to Duke & Scarlett, who were basically like watching your grandparents flirt), and the army-regulation cleavage. The show's creators recognized this as well, as Lady Jaye surprisingly delivered just as much Fanservice as The Baroness (and keep in mind The Baroness once spent a whole episode in a bikini, and two others in giga-cleavage dresses) -- she was forced to hang over a pit while wearing a pink nightie, she wore skimpy dresses, she implied she had a dream where she sang... well it was like "that doesn't sound so bad." *cue sexiest voice ever* "I don't know, I wasn't exactly wearing military regulation *blush*". Lady Jaye was totally hot. 'Nuff said.

-Her best moment in the comics is when the Joes invade a refueling plane to take out some terrorists (they're planning on flying the plane into something... this was 1988, mind you). Their biggest threat is a suicide bomber with his finger on a release-trigger -- if he lets go of the trigger, it goes boom (and the plane is now in flight), so they can't just shoot him). The solution? Lady Jaye hits him with a taser, siezing up his muscles so he CAN'T release the trigger, and then blows the door off the plane with a satchel-charge, sending the poor bastard flying OUT THE DOOR, at which point his finger finally comes off the trigger in mid-air. G.I. Joe Special Missions was an awesome side-series that way.

-Otherwise, she wasn't in the comics much. And her original name was going to be "Lady Shae", and did have a "faint Gaelic lilt" to her speech, having studied in Ireland or something.

-Lady Jaye is sort of an Elite Joe, but a bit weaker (unlike Scarlett, she didn't kick a lot of melee ass, even in the comics) and packing different weapons- her famous Javelins. She's an elite Counter-Intelligence/Disguise artist, as the cartoon was FULL of instances where *whoosh!* the hair & false-face falls away, revealing LADY JAYE was secretly there the whole time (a similar thing occured with The Baroness & Zarana). Her Filecards showcase her Disguise powers- rather than using fakery and make-up (like her cartoon self), she was all about ACTING and playing the part like a method-actor would. Not that her comic self ever did this. In general, Lady Jaye's kinda like Scarlett, but lesser across the board, if not for Deception.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-20-2017 at 03:52 AM.

Re: Jab's Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl III View Post
    Nope, in neither comic nor cartoon continuity was she ever a member of any nation's military... Let alone the G.I. Joe team.

There were rumors that they might have done that to add drama to a love-triangle in a live-action film. Thankfully, no such movies were ever made.
    I actually kinda like the movies. They have problems, hoooooooooo boy are there some problems. But overall they're fun action movies. The first tries to capture the spirit of the Cartoon, and I think it did okay at that mostly, while the second... the second honestly made a go at Stormshadow's face turn and explaining the Hardmaster stuff. Which no one that didn't love Hama's GI Joe would ever bother to do, and I have to respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by catsi563 View Post
    actually funny enough theres no real change between the IDW and base marvel hama continuity when it comes to baroness.
    IIRC, IDW has two different Joe continuities. One that's a sequel to the Marvel book, and one that has Chuckles shoot CobraCommander point blank in the face.

for me I pretty much stick to the Hama continuity and its ending in WWIII where they finally take Cobra down. That's some of the Devils due stuff and a bit of the IDW. the rest is AU as far as im concerned because most of the writers end up trying to pair scarlet up with anything with legs that isn't a silent ninja, leaving the story as a trainwreck. Its crazy because Hama really did a great job developing the two characters and the relationship letting the panels theyre in speak for themselves without having to include mushy dialogue and or beating the audience over the head with it.
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Off the top of my head, I can think of only:
    3 Cobra female figures: Baroness, Zarana and Zanya
    4 (5?) GI Joe female figures: Scarlet, Cover Girl, Lady Jaye and Jinx. The fifth being Chameleon, a good twin/repaint of Baroness.

This doesn't take into consideration model numbers which pushes the GI Joe side considerably higher.
    So because I'm having an ocd movement.

Gi Joe
    Scarlett (1982)- 19
    Cover Girl (1983)- 4
    Lady Jaye (1985)- 11
    Jinx (1987)- 7
    Bombstrike (2005)- 1
    Dialtone (2009)- 1 Yep, new character with old name.
    Sparta (2011)- 1
    D

Cobra
    Baroness (1984)- 17
    Zarana (1986)- 6
    Zanya (2011)- 1
    Crimson Asp (2013)- 1

Other
    Chun Li (1993) - 2
    Volga/ Daina (1998) - 3

There may be some newer figures that I'm missing. The new chest articulation makes a quick visual glance more difficult.

On the other hand, some of the most over-represented figures:

68- Snake Eyes
    53- Cobra Commander
    50- Duke
    49- Storm Shadow
    29- Destro
    28- Cobra Viper
    27- Firefly
    24- Roadblock
    23- Flint
    22- Cobra BAT
    21- Zartan
    20- Gung Ho

Batgirl III- I thought that my local creepy comic store still had a Lady Jaye for you, no luck- but I did see some on Amazon. Good luck!

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    I actually kinda like the movies. They have problems, hoooooooooo boy are there some problems. But overall they're fun action movies. The first tries to capture the spirit of the Cartoon, and I think it did okay at that mostly, while the second... the second honestly made a go at Stormshadow's face turn and explaining the Hardmaster stuff. Which no one that didn't love Hama's GI Joe would ever bother to do, and I have to respect that.
    I loved the homage to the silent issue in the second movie.

Yeah, it wasn't great cinema but it did what it was supposed to do well. Something about getting Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis on the screen together acting cheessy is just kinda awesome.

MCRN Admiral

Dr. Mindbender

Man, how many scientists got abs like that?

DR. MINDBENDER (Real Name Unknown)
    Military Specialty:
    Head Scientist
    Role: Mad Scientist, Evil Doctor
    Group Affiliations: Cobra
    PL 5 (66)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
    FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Deception 6 (+6)
    Expertise (Science) 9 (+15)
    Insight 2 (+2)
    Intimidation 2 (+3)
    Technology 9 (+15)
    Treatment 1 (+7)
    Vehicles 3 (+3)

Advantages:
    Ranged Attack 6, Ultimate Science Skill

Equipment:
    10 points' worth of Equipment

Offense:
    Unarmed +3 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Weapons +5 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
    Initiative +2

Defenses:
    Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +1, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
    Responsibility (Cobra)
    Motivation (Self-Interest)- Mindbender goes with the winds. Where the prevailing wind blows, he will make an alliance.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (66)

-Doctor Mindbender came about because the cartoon needed a Mad Scientist- in the comics, he effectively replaced Dr. Venom, a Hama-created character. A very... curious design to this guy (I mean, when was the last time you saw a scientist with six-pack abs and huge biceps?), what with the huge muscles, the monocle (what century was he born in?), the giant flowing cape, etc. The cartoon used the HELL out of this guy, and even in the comics he was usually underfoot causing problems. At least with him, the show's writers had to use another plot besides "Cobra kidnaps a famous scientist and forces him to build stuff for them", since now MINDBENDER could create some of the stuff (not that they still didn't recycle that idea). He was massively disloyal to Cobra Commander, having created Serpentor to replace him (this was his debut episode, by the way- he in fact first appeared as a disloyal lieutenant)), but then became the latter's toady. In the comics, he died, but got cloned by Cobra.

-Mindbender is very Sci-Fi, with enough smarts to create some insane 1980s-style comic book weaponry, like Nightmare Machines, living beings created with the DNA of dozens of long-dead world leaders, etc. He's also physically tougher (look at that build! Even the Dreadnoks weren't bigger!).
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-20-2017 at 03:53 AM.

and now for doc Mindbender's backstory/theme music

MCRN Admiral

Joe Medics

LIFELINE (Edwin C. Steen)
    Military Specialty:
    Medic
    Role: The Medic/Doctor, Literal Pacifist, The Butt-Monkey (for the others)
    PL 8 (83)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Acrobatics 1 (+5)
    Athletics 5 (+6)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 10 (+10)
    Deception 2 (+2)
    Expertise (Soldier) 3 (+6)
    Insight 3 (+6)
    Perception 5 (+8)
    Stealth 2 (+6)
    Treatment 10 (+13)
    Vehicles 5 (+5)

Advantages:
    Benefit (G.I. Joe Team), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 3, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Skill Mastery (Treatment), Teamwork, Ultimate Treatment

Equipment:
    15 points' worth of Equipment (usually medical gear or a vehicle)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 Kevlar, +4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
    Responsibility (Pacifist)- Lifeline is a resolute pacifist- he will not aid an action that results in someone else being hurt. He will not touch weapons (even to lift himself up). He will not allow harm to come to others. His "Attacks" are not kicks and punches- they are redirecting the force of anothers' blows with his Aikido skill, resulting in them hurting themselves- as such, he cannot throw the first attack, and may only harm others that have already attacked him.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 21 (83)

-Lifeline was a curiosity- he's probably the only TOTAL Pacifist I've seen in all the '80s cartoons- a guy who so despises violence that he won't touch weapons, and often puts himself into danger to save even the most minor of lives. It was a bit wall-banging sometimes (he wouldn't grab the end of a rifle to pull himself up from a hole), and it made him look like a total wussy, but he was sure holding to his convictions. One issue of Special Missions saw him hand Horrorshow of the Oktober Guard his ass just by avoiding all of his attacks with Aikido, sending him through boards and walls and stuff (personally, I would consider "allowing a man to kick his own ass" to be violent, but most obsessives have their own contradictions).

-I found it a bit funny that the cartoon made him out to be a bit of a dope with his non-violence (when put in command of G.I. Joe, he actually took away all their weapons!), but Larry Hama, an ACTUAL SOLDIER, was a lot more sympathetic to his cause (making teammate Leatherneck out to be an asshole for repeatedly berating and insulting Lifeline over his choices). It makes sense when you consider that Hama has probably seen ENOUGH violence and ugliness in his life, and would be more understanding as to WHY somebody would refuse to commit to violent actions.

-Lifeline is a different kind of Joe- PL 8 defensively, but much weaker offensively. His Complications set off his attack style (not that his attack is all Unarmed- no weapons, so he has a 0 in Fighting)- it's all "allowing the other guy to injure himself", which is basically an unarmed attack, but with some modifications and a different style of descriptor.

JOE MEDICS
    Military Specialty:
    Medic
    Role: The Medic/Doctor
    PL 6 (82)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Acrobatics 2 (+5)
    Athletics 5 (+6)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+7)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Expertise (Soldier) 3 (+6)
    Insight 2 (+5)
    Perception 5 (+8)
    Stealth 3 (+6)
    Treatment 10 (+13)
    Vehicles 5 (+5)

Advantages:
    Benefit (G.I. Joe Team), Defensive Attack, Equipment 3, Evasion, Improved Defense, Skill Mastery (Treatment), Teamwork, Ultimate Treatment

Equipment:
    15 points' worth of Equipment (usually medical gear or a vehicle)

Offense:
    Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+3 Kevlar), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (82)

-The more common medics were more generic than Lifeline, but had their purpose. I only ever saw Doc, and he was rather bland- an obvious early design, he was all plain, compared to Lifeline's dynamic red & white uniform. He was the first Joe shot by the Cobra SAW Viper in that desert issue, but soon six more Joes joined him.

Joes Using Template:
    Doc (Medic)
    Stretcher (Medic)
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-20-2017 at 03:54 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Destro

DESTRO (Laird James McCullen Destro XXIV)
    Military Specialty:
    Weapons Supplier, Terrorist
    Role: Second-in-Command, Rival Leader/The Starscream
    Comic Book Role: Major (major recurring Bad Guy/Rival to the Main Villain)
    Cartoon Role: Major (Cobra's #2)
    Group Affiliations: Cobra, The Iron Grenadiers, The Clan Destro
    PL 9 (142)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
    INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
    Athletics 5 (+7)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+10)
    Deception 5 (+9)
    Expertise (Terrorist) 8 (+12)
    Expertise (Weapon Supplier) 10 (+14)
    Insight 5 (+8)
    Intimidation 4 (+8)
    Investigation 4 (+7)
    Perception 9 (+12)
    Persuasion 6 (+10)
    Ranged Combat (Firearms) 2 (+12)
    Stealth 3 (+7)
    Technology 6 (+10)
    Treatment 1 (+4)
    Vehicles 6 (+8)

Advantages:
    Benefit 2 (Wealth, Cobra/Iron Grenadier Leader), Equipment 6, Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Rifle) 2, Languages (German, French, Many Southeast Asian Languages), Leadership, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Skill Mastery (Terrorist), Ultimate Aim, Ultimate Terrorist, Well-Informed

Equipment:
    30 points' worth of Arsenal Equipment
    "Destro Armour" Protection +2 (2)
    "Wrist-Rockets" Blast 8 (Flaws: Unreliable- 4 Rockets) (Diminished Range -1, Inaccurate -1) (6)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Weapons +12 (+5-6 Ranged Damage, DC 20-21)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+5 Armour), Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
    Motivation (Profit)- Destro is in it for money, plain and simple. If it will bring in cash, Destro's in. He will even ally with G.I. Joe if it suits his purposes.
    Rivalry (Cobra Commander)- Though Destro was hired to be a Cobra stooge, he soon came to despise much of what the Commander stood for, and immediately started planning to murder and replace him. Even when the two ally again (which is often), they distrust each other.
    Responsibility (Honour)- There are some things with which Destro will not abide. Among them is patricide- he prevented Billy from carrying out the assassination of Cobra Commander (something he actually WANTED to happen), because he knew that Billy was the man's son.
    Relationship (The Baroness)- The two were once lovers, and still worship each other. When he thought her dead, Destro was beside himself with grief, becoming catatonic.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 76--38 / Advantages: 28 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 20 (142)

-Destro kind of took the role of the "Cooler" villain, being more serious and methodical than the crazed Cobra leader, Cobra Commander. Supposedly being Cobra's "Weapons Supplier" (Weapons Dealers were considered to be major-league dickbags in the 1980s, despite pretty much EVERY country being a weapons dealer to another awful regime at SOME point...), he was eventually just turned into a disloyal #2 to Cobra Commander. The two immediately carried on a relationship of betrayal, mistrust, denial and more. Personally, I liked Cobra Commander more (the hood was cool, and that was the basis for my decision, I believe), but plenty of other kids seemed to prefer the D-Man and his cool mask. His costume eventually got a lot cooler, as he came up with the Iron Grenadier concept, forming a "secondary group" that was allied with Cobra, but a separate faction also attempting to gain power. But again, I always found it odd that Destro was basically a Cobra stooge (sure, he'd betray him countless times when he gained TOO much power and it threatened Destro's own interests, but still), despite the fact that he was supposed to be their Weapons Supplier, and just an ally.

-Destro is akin to Duke in overall PL and capabilities, being an elite soldier in his own right, and capable of taking on any Joe on an even level. He's slightly worse at fighting than Duke, but still +10 (in the cartoon's opening sequence, he suffered the indignity of being pulled out of his pilot's chair, and then THROWN like a medicine ball between all the strongest Joes, but let's not hold that against him). He's charismatic (even moreso than the Commander, as the comics would show- Destro commands respect. The Commander, disloyalty), smart and very dangerous. In the cartoon, Destro is likely even smarter -- he's responsible for the creation of the Weather Dominator, a device powerful enough to alter global weather patterns. Of course, he never did anything close to that AGAIN (nor did he actually, y'know, BUILD ANOTHER ONE, which may have come in handy), so who knows?
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-20-2017 at 03:54 AM.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Was Baroness a member of Cobra first?

Coooobrrrrrraaaaaaaaa!

I always thought she said that because Destro kept putting her lingerie in the freezer at night, and then snuck it back to her room before she dressed....

"Cooooold Brrrraaaaaaaa!"