Page 786 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767847857867877887968368861286 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Re: Jab's Builds!

Christ on a Cracker- I've got some reading to do now in this thread... .

Up next: Had five lines, and jobbed in two seconds. Legendary Badass.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    You're forgetting the Star Wars Christmas Special...
    And the Droids "we hashed some TV episodes into a "movie"" movie.

I used to be the biggest Star Wars fan out of a group of Star Wars addicts. I had figures, posters, a tankard, an R2-D2 phone ((still works), a 3D puzzle of a Star Destroyer, all the video games, books, and the game of choice for my friends was the WEG rpg (still have all the books!)

But the more expanded universe stuff I read, the more tired of it I got. It became a matter of " you have to read every book because if you skip one that looks uninteresting, you'll have no idea who this author's pet character is that was forced to be carried over."

I still love the original Zahn trilogy and everything it added (Mara Jade, ysalmiri, why you don't clone Jedi), and a few books after that were okay, but eventually I just had to get out for the same reason I gave up Magic: The Gathering, the Wheel of Time, and so many other hobbies: they were never going to stop finding ways to take my money without really doing anything to really and dramatically improve upon what I had already seen.

So after watching Episode Two I just kind of went home, looked around, said "we had a good run, you guys," went outside, took in a deep breath of fresh air, and moved on.

(Caveat: the Wheel of Time did end, but I swear that halfway through the fifth book it didn't feel like it ever would)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Christ on a Cracker- I've got some reading to do now in this thread... .
    Heh, well, you touched on what is one of the biggest nerd hotspots in all of geekdom.

Up next: Had five lines, and jobbed in two seconds. Legendary Badass.
    Heh, it's amazing what a good design can do for your longevity.

MCRN Admiral

Boba Fett

BOBA FETT
    Role:
    The Most Popular Jobber of All Time, Memetic Bad-Ass, Ensemble Darkhorse
    Group Affiliations: None
    PL 9 (156)
    STRENGTH
    3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Athletics 7 (+10)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
    Deception 2 (+5)
    Expertise (Intergalactic Bounty Hunter) 10 (+13)
    Insight 3 (+6)
    Intimidation 4 (+7)
    Investigation 6 (+9)
    Perception 7 (+10)
    Stealth 4 (+8)
    Technology 5 (+8)
    Vehicles 8 (+13)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Reputation), Diehard, Equipment 26 (Gear, Slave I), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Lasers), Improved Initiative, Languages (Various), Move-By Action, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Tracking, Ranged Attack 7

Equipment:
    "Carbine Rifle" Blast 6 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (20) -- (24)
    • AE: "Flame Projector" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cone +1/4) (8)
    • AE: "Smaller Laser Pistol" Blast 4 (8)
    • AE: "Stun Darts" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (Diminished Range -2) (16)
    • AE: "Mini-Rockets" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5 Uses) (12)

"Mandalorian Armor"
    Protection 2 (2)
    "Survival Gear" Immunity 4 (Suffocation 2, Heat, Cold) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) (2)
    "Link With Slave I" Features 1: Linkup With Ship (1)
    Senses 5 (Low-Light & Extended Vision 2, Radius Sight, Infravision) (5)
    "Utility Belt" Grappling Hook, etc. (5)

"Jetpack" Flight 6 (Flaws: Fades) (6)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
    Carbine Rifle +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
    Stun Darts +12 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
    Flame Projector +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Mini-Rockets +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
    Initiative +4

Defenses:
    Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
    Motivation (The Law)- Boba Fett is a Bounty Hunter, and believes this is some sort of honorable occupation meant to create social order. Sometimes however, he's just greedy.
    Enemy (Han Solo)- Fett does not like Solo, believing him to be a rebellious rulebreaker.
    Enemy (Jedi)- Fett watched his father Jango slain by Master Mace Windu when he was just a boy. He hated all Jedi, and Windu especially, for years.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 45 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (156)

-I've gone into detail before about how important it is in a visual medium to LOOK COOL. And never was that more true than with Boba Fett- he showed up with a group of Bounty Hunters in The Empire Strikes Back, got the most focus of them (all of FOUR LINES of dialogue!), but died like a Jobber in the next film (his only line: "What the-- *SCREAM*!"), all without ever showing his face, or any real characterization! And yet he's a freaking HOUSEHOLD NAME, a legendary character, focus in the Prequels, and is now getting his own FEATURE FILM! All because they just happened to give him some of the coolest-looking armor in history.

-Boba Fett's history is insanely-detailed for someone so minor, as the Expanded Universe took his popularity and RAN with it, turning him into this glorious hero. He's the Cloned son of the Mandalorian Jango Fett, trained with his dad as a boy (and learned more from a book his father had given him), and it turns out he SURVIVED being thrown into the Sarlacc Pit in ROTJ, being the only person in history to do so. He fights his way out of the beast, becomes the leader of Mandalore (his people, like Fett, have been turned into Memetic Badasses), and even an ALLY to the heroes, including Han Solo! He's been given a strong sense of morality and justice for a Bounty Hunter, as well. Not bad for a guy who was seen as "just one of the minions" by the original creators (initial tests for TESB show his armor as pure white- he was basically just an Elite Stormtrooper before they changed their minds), which is why they had him offed so casually in the first place.

-Also, after reading a bunch of his Wookieepedia page, I'm never reading up on EU stuff for a character ever again. Did the REALLY need to include every single mission he's ever been on, EVER?

-Boba Fett is a bit tricky to figure out PL-wise, as his reputation alone makes him out to be this supreme bad-ass, yet he goes down like a Jobber in ROTJ. He clearly improves a bit after that, as the Expanded Universe gives him feat after feat- he's basically The Punisher In Space after a point. His "continued adventures" imply a PL 10 Bad-Ass (he even fights DARTH VADER, and uses intelligence and tactics to gain the advantage), but he's more like PL 8 in the movies. I'll stick him in the middle for the time being.

SLAVE I
    Role: Unique & Bitching Assault Vehicle, Small Transport

Baseline Stats: Gargantuan Size, Strength 12, Defense 12, Toughness 12 (20)
    Movement: Flight 10, Space Travel 2 (21)
    Features: Tracking Beacon (1)

Weapons:
    "Heavy Blaster Cannons" Blast 12 (Feats: Extended Range 4, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (37) -- (41)
    • AE: "Homing Missiles" Blast 12 (Feats: Extended Range 4, Homing 4, Ricochet 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Unreliable- 6 Uses) (34)
    • AE: "Rapid Fire Cannons" Blast 10 (Feats: Extended Range 4) (Extras: Multiattack) (30)
    • AE: "Seismic Charges" Damage 10 (Feats: Triggered- When Touched) (11)
    • AE: "Tractor Beam" Move Object 10 (20)

Total Cost: Stats: 20 / Movement: 21 / Features: 1 / Weapons: 41 (83 Equipment Points)

-Boba Fett's legendary ship originally belonged to some guy, and was then stolen by Jango Fett (he made sure to blow up the remaining other models, ensuring that this one became a true "Special Snowflake" ship). When Jango died, young Boba took it, and he held it way past the "Galactic Empire" era. It's been modified several times, but it's key attribute, like Boba Fett's, is looking cool. It was allegedly-based off of a street lamp outside the ILM studios, but the designer says it was supposed to look like a radar dish.

-I started up a new template for "Vehicles", as the series uses a lot of them. I figure it for a PL 12-ish thing, though of course Vehicles are an entirely different ball of wax in M&M terms. In superhero comics, they tend to be pretty worthless, as most of their attacks cannot be used in melee, and once heroes are TOUCHING the vehicle, they can basically attack with impunity, often with high-powered attacks. In the Low-Strength, Low-Toughness world of Star Wars, vehicles are actually very effective, high-speed, and dangerous- not too many characters in the franchise could ever go toe-to-toe with a ship of any sort. Jedi may go all "Deflect-O-Rama" on Laser Beams, but a Burst Area Missile is nothing ANY of them want to face.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 09-04-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbhall View Post
    *convulses on the floor spitting foam* It.....was.......Life.......day..........not.....x mas. *resumes sputtering and gurgling*
    Heh. It was the Star Wars Holiday Special and it aired on Thanksgiving.

On a side note, the nonfiction film, The People versus George Lucas, is well worth watching. Among other things, they explore how there was no way that Lucas could have released a movie that lived up to all of the hype over the years.

MCRN Admiral

But really, morality is pretty simple in the Star Wars universe:

One army is comprised of men with white skull helmets, and is led by a man in a BLACK skull helmet and a deformed Monster who shoots Lightning at people. They have vehicles called Star Destroyers and bases called Death Stars. Names include Vader, Sidious, Bane & Tyranus. People who fail are violently murdered. One guy blows up an ENTIRE PLANET.

Unless the rivals are called The Baby Rapist Alliance, these are your bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    And lastly, in a bit of true insanity, I kind of always wanted to play a Jawa Jedi:

I mean, they've already got the robes!
    that's another huge peeve of mine. The bloody robes. Kenobi's outfit was to deal with the heat. Why it became Jedi robes is beyond me.

Also, regarding the Vong.... Read an article recently suggesting that Palpy's demise was actually bad for the Galaxy.... The Death Star's real purpose was to fight the Vong because as a planet killer it was a resource waster. Article is an interesting thought exercise.
    Last edited by Bladewind; 09-04-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

You know, even though his big line Return of the Jedi was "YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" you have to admit that Fett was actually very competent for the screen time he had.

He was the only person out of an entire Imperial Fleet and elite Bounty Hunters to figure out what Han Solo had done.

He tracked Solo, figured out his destination, and got the Imperials there in time to capture them.

He actually had raised his voice to Darth FRICKIN Vader several times and didn't get Force Choked for it.

He went up against Luke Skywalker and was holding his own until one of Jabba's men accidentally stunned him with a near miss from a laser cannon.

He got taken out by Han Solo clearly burning a Hero Point.

So it isn't that his reputation is undeserved, but his popularity spiked well beyond that due solely to his cool look and being this badass, competent bounty hunter. The Extended Universe basically turned him into the Stars Wars version of Chuck Norris in Power Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    that's another huge peeve of mine. The bloody robes. Kenobi's outfit was to deal with the heat. Why it became Jedi robes is beyond me.

Also, regarding the Vong.... Read an article recently suggesting that Palpy's demise was actually bad for the Galaxy.... The Death Star's real purpose was to fight the Vong because as a planet killer it was a resource waster. Article is an interesting thought exercise.
    Yeah that was touched on in the books, but was never fully explored properly. Its a very good idea, and perfectly plausible in that universe. BUt it just never seemed to coincide with the way they kept setting up the Emperor, he was always just simply the bad guy. No shade of grey or streaks of light to protect the living force, he was just a very clear bad guy.
    But if Palpatine could have had that vision, so could any number of other Jedi that actually devoted a great deal of time to actively probing the future. Hell one of the Jedi Masters on the Council was from a race that had been using the force to see the future for millenia, and he was a Master Jedi who taught lessons on how to see the future. But somehow, with all of that. Only Palpatine was able to sense the coming of the Vong at the beginning of the Clone Wars, when we first saw plans for the Death Star. Just dosnt Jibe right. Cool idea, poor execution.
    Character List
    Armstrong - What If? Spider Corps.

Vista - Wild, Wild Delta Quadrant Transformers Game set near the beginning of the Third Cybertronian War.

I loved Man of Steel! Recently watched Age of Ultron, kinda better than The Avengers. I think Vision made that movie.