Page 763 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 2636637137537617627637647657738138631263 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

MCRN Admiral

Bumi

BUMI
    Role:
    Crazy Uncle
    Voice Actor: Richard Riehle (Dee Bradley Baker in Book One)
    Finest Moment: Single-handedly defeating an entire Northern Water Tribe encampment... by accident.
    PL 7 (130)
    STRENGTH
    2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
    Athletics 4 (+6)
    Deception 2 (+5)
    Expertise (Military) 12 (+12)
    Expertise (Music) 4 (+4)
    Intimidation 2 (+5)
    Investigation 2 (+4)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Stealth 3 (+6)
    Technology 2 (+2)
    Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
    Equipment (Glider Suit), Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Trip, Luck 5, Second Chance (Falling To His Death), Ranged Attack 5, Teamwork, Tracking

Powers:
    "Airbending"
    Air Blast 4 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Knockback) (13) -- [19]
    • AE: "Airbending" Move Object 5 (Feats: Precise) (11)
    • AE: "Air Control" Move Object 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (7.5)
    • AE: "Wind" Features 2: Nullifies Arrows, Blows Out Flames, etc. (2)
    • AE: "Wind Screen" Deflect 10 (10)
    • AE: "Very Blustery Day" Environment 1 (30 feet) (Impede Movement 2) (2)
    • AE: "Blowback Effect" Affliction 7 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (5)

Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Requires Glider or Wings) (5) -- [6]
    • AE: "Air Scooter" Speed 4 (30 mph) (4)

"Talk With Spirits" Comprehend 1 (Understand Spirits) (Flaws: Unreliable) [1]

Equipment:
    "Glider Suit" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Gliding) (3)

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
    Air Blast +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
    Blowback +7 Area (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
    Relationship (Tenzin & Kya- Siblings)- Bumi argues constantly with his younger siblings, usually teasing and mocking the stoid Tenzin into anger. He is deeply-resentful of being the great Avatar Aang's only Non-Bending child, and the attention his siblings got because of it.
    Reputation (Wild Child)- Bumi has a rep for being a bit crazy.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 13 (130)

-Bumi is another sort of odd character to fit into the line-up: he's obviously supposed to be your "Crazy Uncle" type of character, yet we're told he's also a brilliant tactical general. And a lot of his wackiness comes off more as whining loudly, or bragging about all of his strange achievements in battle. He starts off picking on his little brother Tenzin in a classic "Big Brother" kind of way, and shows a bit of the nature of his namesake King Bumi of Omashu, in that he's a wacky, fun-loving prankster. However, he also retains a lot of childhood bitterness at Aang's favoritism towards Tenzin, and disappointment that he himself was never able to Bend the elements (I mean, he's the son of THE AVATAR). And apparently he and Kya never married, nor had children.

-He (now a retired General), Kya & Tenzin argue like children for half the second season, before finally making peace. At which point Book Three begins, revealing that Harmonic Convergence has re-introduced Airbending into the world... and Bumi is one of them! Then Tenzin tries teaching the new Airbenders, fails, asks Bumi's advice on how to train soldiers, and then tries to give "hard-ass" training to BUMI HIMSELF. This causes another freak-out and rift between the brothers ("I'm TOO OLD to be treated like I'm back in boot camp!"), but eventually they make nice again. I assume this just kind of keeps happening with this family.

-But yeah, like I said earlier, I find it really kind of bothersome that Aang & Katara seem to have raised such immature, whiny-ass children. I can get that Aang had to focus on training his son in Airbending (a dying art) and protect the world, and thus couldn't always be there. But these people are in their LATE FIFTIES- arguing like they're all five years old is incredibly childish, and doesn't paint a good picture of their parents.

-Bumi is one of the least-capable named characters in terms of fighting, which can be a bit odd given that he's given a measure of respect early on as a military genius- I guess this is one of those rare cases in TV when the head guy in charge isn't necessarily the MOST bad-ass guy on the roster. In fact, a lot of his successes come by as much by accident as anything else, and usually after some humiliation and abject failure (he learns to calm Dark Spirits with music after failing with punches and his hidden knife; he destroys the Northern Tribe's military camp by accident when his Mecha Tank malfunctions). He's only a PL 7 Airbender and has poor cardio, but he's brave and is likely played by the cleverest player who tends to roll lucky when doing outlandish things. I think they could have gotten a lot more mileage out of him continuously pulling everyone's fat out of the fire with outlandish, ingenious tactics rather than largely being a butt-monkey (he's the worst of the Air Nation trainees at first).
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-16-2017 at 03:56 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Kya

Oh come on you guys I know that drawing pretty women is more fun that drawing ugly ones but do you really expect me to believe that a woman could be this old and still be smoking ho--

... never mind.

KYA
    Role:
    Oddly-Hot Old Lady, Background Character, Immature Old Person
    Voice Actor: Lisa Edelstein
    Finest Moment: Being hot at that age.
    PL 8 (113)
    STRENGTH
    1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
    INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Acrobatics 5 (+8)
    Athletics 4 (+5)
    Deception 2 (+4)
    Investigation 2 (+4)
    Perception 3 (+5)
    Ranged Combat (Bending) 6 (+10)
    Treatment 6 (+6)

Advantages:
    Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
    "Waterbending... Somewhat-Competent Person"
    "Ice Bonds" Affliction 6 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Ranged) (24) -- [31]
    • AE: "Water/Ice Whip" Blast 6 (Feats: Precise, Variable- Blunt or Piercing) (Extras: Knockback) (20)
      AE: "Waterbending" Move Object 7 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Water) (15)
      AE: "Water Stream" Damage 8 (Feats: Variable- Blunt, Piercing) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (17)
      AE: "Water to Ice" Transform 6 (Feats: Reversible) (13)
      AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 8 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (16)
      AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 8 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (16)
      AE: "Water Healing" Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Others, Distracting) (4)

Swimming 5 (16 mph) [6]

"Spiritual Being" Senses 2 (Spiritual Auras & Spirits) [2]

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
    Water Whip +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
    Area Damage +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Bonds +10 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
    Relationship (Bumi & Tenzin- Brothers)- Kya argues constantly with her brothers- particularly Tenzin, whom she'd always picked on as a kid. Her & Bumi's jealousy over the attention Tenzin got, and Aang's focus on protecting the world, remains a burden into adulthood.
    Power Loss (Bending)- All Bending requires the use of bodily-movements and forms. If a Bender's body is restrained in any manner, their Bending will be badly-hampered. Full entrapment will neutralize all Bending.
    Power Loss (The Elements)- Waterbending requires actual water to be present- this is usually not a problem (most towns are close to water sources), but they can be locked inside of cells with no regular access. Most Waterbenders carry water in small pouches with them- however, this small amount will not allow for large damage or Area Effects- most attacks are limited to +4 Damage. More advanced Benders may utilize their own sweat or breath vapor for small effects.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 15 (113)

-Kya is Tenzin's older sister, and shows up as a somewhat playfully-abusive sibling character, generally making fun of the stoic Tenzin in a more laid-back manner. She comes off as a bit of a hippy at times (she once traveled the world to "find herself"), but tends to argue with Tenzin & Bumi like a bunch of spoiled children angry over who was daddy's favorite- and oddly she's probably the weakest Bender of any major character, doing almost no fighting at all, and being trounced quickly by Zaheer when it really counted. Honestly, she never ends up doing much, despite being the daughter of Aang & Katara (and acting as a Waterbender, like her mother). Maybe the fact that the show was already suffering from a glut of Waterbenders made her more redundant. Also, it's possible that Lisa Edelstein was busy with House, and couldn't voice her character that often.

-Kya is a mediocre Waterbender by the show's standards, able to hold her own with people like Zaheer & Ming-Hua, but unable to defeat them- both overwhelmed her in short order. As such, she's only PL 8 in capability (about equal to the original series' first Book's cast), and PL 7 on defense.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-16-2017 at 03:56 AM.

MCRN Admiral

Cool Re: Jab's Builds!

Oh yeah, was gonna post this last week, but I forgot. I need to figure out which of the following is going to be my next set. I have a bunch I want to do, but naturally flip-flop over which I want to do FIRST. The builds will encompass every major character of the franchises, plus most of the minor ones.

I must emphasize that these are your only options. NO REQUESTS, DAMMIT!

1) Star Wars (movies only)
    2) Dragon Ball Z (finally figured out how to handle their ever-increasing Power Levels)
    3) Archie Comics (never done for 3e)
    4) The King of Fighters (completing my SNK set for these crossover fighting games)
    5) Downton Abbey (yes, really)

So, I guess gimme a Top 3, in order, and I'll Rank them accordingly, and use that to determine the order in which I post them.

I must reiterate, THESE ARE YOUR ONLY OPTIONS. And since people have a tendency to ignore that and just dump suggestions on me anyways, sometimes even JOKING about doing so, I'll make it more clear- introduce your own requests THIS time, and I will NEVER stat them up .

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

Ooooh, here's our chance to make sure that things get and stay buried!

My votes:

1) Star Wars
    2) The King of Fighters
    3) Dragon Ball Z

OPA Belta

My votes:

1) KOF
    2)Archie
    3) downtown Abbey

Throwing out the Downtown Abbey vote because I don't think anyone else will vote for it, and I feel like being a contrarian.
    Urge to Stat Rising: My blog where I post write ups for monsters for the Pathfinder system.

OPA Belta

1) Downton Abbey
    2) Downton Abbey
    3) Downton Abbey

Because, gosh darn it, I want to see a a three-way brawl between Jarvis, Carson, and Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Ooooh, here's our chance to make sure that things get and stay buried!
    Conversely we can use this new power for evil and hold other series for ransom lest we ask they be statted!

OPA Belta

1) Star Wars
    2) King of Fighters
    3) Downton Abbey

The first was a no-brainer. King of Fighters should get me in the mood to add some fighters to my Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter sections. And Downton Abbey, well, anything that gets me some Dame Maggie Smith should be done. I mean, age gets us all, but speaking of older women looking good, holy moley, mid-80's Maggie...

And I'd still let Helen Mirren jump me NOW.
    The Thorpacolypse
    Member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent since 2005
    Co-Chair of the Council of 13
    "Hate you can trust"

OPA Belta

1) Archie
    2) Downton Abbey
    3) Star Wars