Page 733 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 2336336837237317327337347357437838331233 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,330 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by saint_matthew View Post
    Well not unless [Power Girl]'s fighting Gypsy Moth.... An let it be said if DC & Marvel decided to create that & turn that fight into a 12 issue maxi series, I would pay to read that.

You'd pay just to look at the pictures.

MCRN Admiral

Gamora

The skimpiest costume in the history of comic books to THAT? You could fill a valley with the tears her fans have shed...

GAMORA
    Created By:
    Jim Starlin
    First Appearance: Strange Tales #180 (June 1975)
    Role: The Most Dangerous Woman In The Universe (but not really), Miss Fanservice, '90s Action Girl
    Group Affiliations: The Guardians of the Galaxy, The Infinity Watch
    PL 11 (174)
    STRENGTH
    8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 7
    FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 5
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
    Acrobatics 6 (+13)
    Athletics 5 (+12)
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+15)
    Deception 4 (+7)
    Sleight of Hand 4 (+11)
    Investigation 3 (+5)
    Intimidation 8 (+8)
    Technology 4 (+5)
    Perception 8 (+10)
    Vehicles 3 (+8)
    Insight 3 (+5)
    Stealth 5 (+12)
    Expertise (Survival) 5 (+7)

Advantages:
    Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Cunning Fighter (Attack instead of Bluff to Feint), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 2 (Blades, Translator), Evasion, Fearless, Improved Critical (Blades), Improved Initiative, Great Endurance, Last Stand, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 5, Takedown 2, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
    Regeneration 4 [4]

"Godslayer Sword" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [11]
    Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 3) (Extras: Penetrating 12) (Inaccurate -1) (17 points)

Equipment:
    "Gamora's Blades" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (2)

Offense:
    Unarmed +15 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
    Blades +13 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Godslayer +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
    Initiative +11

Defenses:
    Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
    Relationship (Adam Warlock, Richard Rider)- Gamora was kinda with Warlock for a long time, but eventually hooked up with Nova in a subplot that never really went anywhere.
    Reputation (Most Dangerous Woman in the Universe)

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 29 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 12 (174)

-ahhhh Gamora, the living embodiment of Comic Books in the 1990s. OK, the whole "Daughter of Thanos, brutalized and then turned into the ultimate weapon" origin is kick-ass and original. The idea that this chick is the super-tough "Most Dangerous Woman In The Universe" is cool, too. The problem? It's all talk. Gamora basically NEVER kicks ass in the way she's supposed to- I hardly think of a single important character she's actually beaten, and all she ever does is goonsweep. How does she get a rep like that without actually being that dangerous? Some "Gamora Respect Threads" out there contain some decently-impressive feats (probably the biggest consists of beating She-Hulk & Rogue during The Infinity Crusade, Jim Starlin's last and worst wankfest for his own characters), but most of them involve stunning a held-back Thing, or one-shotting RAGE, which can't be super-high on someone's list of awesomeness.

-But back the the whole "90s" thing- it's all there. She's a kick-ass "Man with T*ts", as some writers have scandalously described such Action Heroines. She wears the skimpiest outfit known to comics (and it's only gotten skimpier over time- turning what was once a plunging neckline thingie into a modern-day Power Thong with two straps of fabric covering her naughty bits and that's all). She kills tons of people using bladed weapons. She's insane and partially evil (sometimes via mind control). She even has vaguely-defined super-powers that take a backseat to her standard Mook-Killiness. It's like the collection of every single 1990s Comic Book Trope personified into one individual. I think she was actually created using the faps of a dozen Nineties-era 13-year old boys .

-Gamora is the adopted daughter of Thanos, the Mad Titan, and was used as his agent against The Universal Church of Truth- a role that led her into the bed of Adam Warlock. As his Sexy Green Space Babe girlfriend, she... basically hung around the guy and that was it. Never doing anything much of note, she was eventually killed by Thanos, and brought into the Soul Gem by a dying Warlock, along with Pip the Troll. It wasn't until The Infinity Gauntlet that the three returned, though again they were just Warlock's "Sounding Board" and didn't do much. Both were made members of his Infinity Watch. She quit the team after an argument with Maxam (a later member), but she & Adam eventually hooked up again, and disappeared for years.

-Gamora showed up a LOT during Annihilation and the new Cosmic Scene in Marvel after the turn of the century, eventually moving on to the Guardians of the Galaxy. She did some stuff with Nova that gets barely touched upon (as both characters were rather busy, what with all the constant Big Events going on), and she kills alot of people, but it's mostly background stuff- she hasn't notably killed anyone of importance to the plot in a while (or ever). She basically turned into a background character in Guardians, offering up about zero characterization or anything else of note. Though in accordance with the film version, she finally started putting on some clothes, so she no longer looks like something out of a 12-year old boy's Math binder at school! Unfortunately... Green Chick In a Power-Thong was really her only character trait, and so she became the least-interesting member of the Guardians overnight.

-Gamora is the member of the Guardians who most-resembles her movie incarnation. Why? Well, because much like in the comics, we're told that Gamora is a SUPER-TOUGH AWESOME FIGHTER... and yet she DOESN'T DO ANYTHING THAT BAD-ASS! Once again, Gamora is a Sexy Green Chick Who Is "All Talk" on the battlefield. She has the least to do with the overall plot and narrative, and is essentially there as the team's Smurfette. I read some funny online rants from fans that Movie Gamora was inaccurate because she was dressed in actual clothing for once, but really- what mainstream actress would even have agreed to wear that outfit? If you're just gonna hire some floozy, then sure- but Zoe Saldana was not going to wear the little red monokini, and neither would any other actress who had a reasonable name.

-Gamora's one of those classic pain-in-the-ass Cosmic Builds. Why? Because most of her bios mention that she's SUPER-STRONG AND DURABLE, yet there's not a shred of evidence to support that in any book I've read in a long time. It's one of those vague powers that has likely been utterly forgotten over time- it's not even MENTIONED in her Annihilation series Bios at the end of Book Three (and those bios actually bring up old minor powers of Ronan's!), though at least once something had referred to her mysteriously-disappearing super-strength (she tossed someone quite a long ways in one scene, but was back to Goonsweeping the next). And then there's the "Best Martial Artist in the Universe" thing, which would EASILY put her into PL 14 territory if you added that to her strength (because of the way accuracy evens out with damage potential in this system). So where to put her, stat-wise? I ended up going with moderate Super-Human Strength (Spider-Man level), along with a very good +15 to-hit bonus, which is easily modified by her horrifying amount of Combat Advantages. So she can hit +20 accuracy in Hand-to-Hand if she wants, or dish out more power instead.

-So Gamora ends up being a very strong PL 11 character with a NASTY Sword (it can "slay cosmic beings", despite never actually doing anything of the sort- yet another example of her awesomeness being "all talk"), basically because of a huge Improved Critical rating and it's Penetrative power, the Attack Bonus of a fairly elite martial artist, and enough Combat Advantages to allow her to do just about anything she needs to in a fight. Altogether, pretty terrifying, but not QUITE up to her "Can Kill Anyone" reputation, since she's, well, NEVER KILLED ANYONE IMPORTANT.

I mentioned this when I did my own builds of the GotG movie characters way back then, but Gamora is pretty badass in the movie-as much as any of the other protagonists. And she has plenty to do with the main plot-more than Rocket or Groot, anyway.

She would have captured Quill were it not for Rocket and Groot. She cuts Groot's arms off, and breaks his branches when he tries to restrain her. She got the drop on Drax and that other prisoner when they were threatening her-the only reason Quill has to save her from Drax is because she drops the knives (an Honor before Reason kind of thing). She's the only one who knows how valuable the orb is, she deceived Ronan, Nebula and Thanos from the start, she beats Nebula one on one and is the first one to help save Quill from the Gem's power.

Short of one-shotting Ronan, she proves herself to be as capable as any of the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Eld View Post
    I mentioned this when I did my own builds of the GotG movie characters way back then, but Gamora is pretty badass in the movie-as much as any of the other protagonists. And she has plenty to do with the main plot-more than Rocket or Groot, anyway.
    This is true, although the movie suffers (a lot, I think, but these things are important to me) from everyone's power and abilities being all over the map. In the film, Gamora seems well, about as tough as Zoey Saldana with some decent gear.

I think Gamora has had some costumes that I liked more than her current bland space armor incarnation. But, I'd have to hunt them up on the web to find a good example, which might have even just been fan art now that I think of it.

OPA Belta

I would have liked her new, fully clothed costume (both in the comics and the film) to have kept the skull belt buckle* from her Vampirella-style bikini days. It was as close to a traditional "S on the Chest" superhero logo as she ever had and I'm a sucker for heroic iconography. Starlord got to keep his flame/comet/whatchamacallit logo!

* Okay, it's not really a belt buckle since she doesn't wear a belt. But you know what I mean.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl III View Post
    I would have liked her new, fully clothed costume (both in the comics and the film) to have kept the skull belt buckle* from her Vampirella-style bikini days. It was as close to a traditional "S on the Chest" superhero logo as she ever had and I'm a sucker for heroic iconography. Starlord got to keep his flame/comet/whatchamacallit logo!

* Okay, it's not really a belt buckle since she doesn't wear a belt. But you know what I mean.
    A low hanging brooch?

Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhero View Post
    A low hanging brooch?
    I assumed it was a pin in her pubic hair.

MCRN Admiral

The Universal Church of Truth

THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH OF TRUTH:
    The Church is a group subserviant to The Magus, devoted to gathering followers and giving him total power- this whole thing was Jim Starlin's baby, and they were central to his "Warlock" series in the 1970s (a story Jim Shooter says was great, but way too heady and hard to get into for fans, and so it suffered from poor sales for it's whole run). They use "Faith Energy" for all of their powers and their tech (even giant Citadel Ships powered by the faithful within)- Black Knights are the goofy-looking Mooks, the Cardinals are superhero-class fighters, and Matriarchs are the Elites. The Church believes that non-humanoids are impure, and should be destroyed and turned into trace elements that can be put to better use- non-believers should be "purified" (ie. destroyed).

MATRIARCHS
    Created By:
    Jim Starlin
    First Appearance: Strange Tales #178 (Feb. 1975)
    Role: Cult Leader
    Group Affiliations: The Universal Church of Truth
    PL 12 (203)
    STRENGTH
    4/12 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+6)
    Deception 3 (+9)
    Expertise (Religion) 12 (+15)
    Expertise (Space Traveller) 5 (+8)
    Insight 3 (+8)
    Intimidation 4 (+10)
    Perception 4 (+9)
    Persuasion 7 (+13)
    Technology 4 (+7)

Advantages:*
    Benefit 3 (High Rank in Universal Church), Daze (Persuasion), Improved Critical (Faith Weapons), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
    "Faithmetal Objects" Create 12 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Movable) (37) -- [41]
    • AE: "Faith Boost" Enhanced Strength 8 (16)
    • AE: "Faith Blast" Blast 14 (Feats: Penetrating 8) (36)
    • AE: "The Light of My Truth" Affliction 12 (Will; Entranced/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (36)
    • AE: "Feel All the Pain You've Inflicted" Affliction 12 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Perception Range +2)

Force Field 10 (Extras: Impervious 13) [23]

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Strength Boost +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
    Faith Blast +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+14 Force Field, +7 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +12

Complications:
    Responsibility/Motivation (The Universal Church of Truth)- These people are all religious fanatics, utilizing the faith of trillions of followers to use their powers. They seek new members to The Church, and seek to destroy all their enemies.
    Power Loss (Lack of Faith)- Church Members' powers require faith to work. If their followers lose faith, they lose power. They also generally must speak "I believe _______!" about whatever power they're going to use- talking is a free action, but being unable to speak could hamper their abilities some.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 16 (203)

CARDINALS
    Created By:
    Jim Starlin
    Role: Elite Mooks
    PL 10 (157)
    STRENGTH
    4/10 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+6)
    Deception 3 (+8)
    Expertise (Religion) 10 (+12)
    Expertise (Space Traveller) 5 (+7)
    Insight 3 (+6)
    Intimidation 3 (+8)
    Perception 2 (+5)
    Persuasion 5 (+10)
    Technology 3 (+5)

Benefit (High Rank in Universal Church), Daze (Persuasion), Improved Critical (Faith Weapons), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist

Powers:
    "Faithmetal Objects" Create 10 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Movable) (31) -- [33]
    • AE: "Faith Boost" Enhanced Strength 6 (12)
    • AE: "Faith Blast" Blast 10 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (26)

Force Field 5 (Extras: Impervious 5) [10]

Offense:
    Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
    Strength Boost +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
    Faith Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+10 Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
    Responsibility/Motivation (The Universal Church of Truth)- These guys are all religious fanatics, utilizing the faith of trillions of followers to use their powers. They seek new members to The Church, and seek to destroy all their enemies.
    Power Loss (Lack of Faith)- Church Members' powers require faith to work. If their followers lose faith, they lose power. They also generally must speak "I believe _______!" about whatever power they're going to use- talking is a free action, but being unable to speak could hamper their abilities some.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 13 (157)

BLACK KNIGHTS
    Created By:
    Jim Starlin
    Role: Mooks
    PL 6 (87)
    STRENGTH
    5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
    Athletics 2 (+7)
    Expertise (Religion) 5 (+6)
    Expertise (Space Traveller) 4 (+5)
    Intimidation 3 (+6)
    Perception 2 (+5)
    Persuasion 3 (+5)
    Technology 3 (+5)

Equipment 5 (Blasters, etc.), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
    "Faithmetal Weapons" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) [2]

Equipment:
    "Faith Blasters" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
    "Armorweave" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 3) (4)

Offense:
    Unarmed +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
    Faithmetal +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
    Blasters +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5 (+6 Armorweave, +2 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
    Responsibility/Motivation (The Universal Church of Truth)- These guys are all religious fanatics, utilizing the faith of trillions of followers to use their powers. They seek new members to The Church, and seek to destroy all their enemies.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 7 (87)

-Black Knights are pretty elite for Mooks, but they'll still fold before real superheroic assault. They have higher Will Saves than most Mooks will ever have, but nothing that Cosmo or Moondragon can't easily overcome. The Marvel Handbook site lists only one flaw in the big "Universal Church" story arc in "Warlock"- the Knights were little goofs with dorky outfits and tiny lasers and not as cool as they should be for Intergalactic Jack-Booted Soldiers.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-04-2015 at 11:55 PM.

MCRN Admiral

The Magus

Lavender skin and a man-bun. Truly the marks of a bad-ass.

THE MAGUS (Adam Warlock)
    Created By:
    Jim Starlin
    Role: Evil Space Pope
    PL 13 (281)
    STRENGTH
    9 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 9 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
    Deception 7 (+13)
    Expertise (Arcane Lore) 6 (+15)
    Expertise (Current Events) 2 (+11)
    Expertise (Space Traveller) 6 (+15)
    Expertise (Science) 3 (+12)
    Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 6 (+15)
    Insight 4 (+9)
    Investigation 4 (+9)
    Intimidation 4 (+10)
    Perception 3 (+8)
    Persuasion 6 (+12)
    Technology 2 (+12)
    Vehicles 1 (+5)

Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Leader of the Universal Church of Truth), Daze (Persuasion), Fascinate (Persuasion), Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Taunt, Trance, Well-Informed

Powers:
    Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

"Quantum Magic"*
    Cosmic Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Multiattack) (46) -- [53]
    • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Burst" Damage 13 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (26)
    • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 13 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (26)
    • Dynamic AE: Force Field 5 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others 12) (18)
    • AE: Teleport 11 (Feats: Increased Mass 4) (Extras: Accurate) (37)

Senses 11 (Detect Energy & Teleports- Ranged & Acute, Extended Vision 3, Darkvision) [11]
    Flight 10 (2,000 mph) [20]
    Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Environmental Adaptation- Space) [6]
    "Cocoon Resurrection" Immortality 1 (1 month) [2]
    Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Cosmic Blast +11 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
    Cosmic Area Attacks +13 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +10 (+15 Force Field), Fortitude +12, Will +14

Complications:
    Motivation (Power)
    Enemy (Adam Warlock)
    Secret (IS Adam Warlock)- Warlock's arch-nemesis is actually himself, driven mad in the future by using the Soul Gem too often.

Total: Abilities: 110 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 103 / Defenses: 20 (281)

-The Magus probably has the silliest look I've ever seen for a villain that was supposed to be an intimidating, charismatic Mega-Villain. In fact, I'd go as far as to say his look is what held him back and kept him from becoming as popular as a charismatic Evil Space Pope with delusions of Cosmic Grandeur should have been. I mean, sorry Jim Starlin, but lavender skin and a bit white afro? You may as well have put "Make fun of me" on his chest instead of the "Shazam" logo. So this dude was Adam Warlock from the future, and he came back to lead The Universal Church of Truth. After an epic (and low-selling) storyline, The Magus, Thanos and Adam Warlock's whole supporting cast were dead. So when Starlin brought back Thanos as a mega-villain, and Warlock as a new hero, The Magus' return was inevitable- Warlock had separated all of the evil from his soul to better control The Infinity Gauntlet. This evil formed into The Magus, and ALSO gained The Infinity Gauntlet, starting The Infinity War, a much-worse sequel to The Infinity Gauntlet. Just too much boring sitting around and gabbing in that one, really. The Magus never really recovered from that disappointment, and he's all-but vanished, save for a brief re-do in The Guardians of the Galaxy, in one of the first times it did the "kill tons of characters, but resurrect them at the end" stories.

-Honestly... it seems like, barring Thanos, most comic book writers really don't care for Jim Starlin characters.

-The Magus' regular form is basically a charged-up Warlock with slightly-different stats (mostly he's stronger and more powerful, in addition to being a super-genius), and a much better manipulator. At this level, he would handily beat Warlock. Even now, Magus is able to kill Gamora, Phylla-Vell, Cosmo, Mantis & Major Victory one after the other in a present-day "Guardians" story, so he's not exactly a wussy in ANY timeline.

Lesson to later artists: Do not give your super-villains currently-fashionable haircuts.

THE MAGUS (Adam Warlock)- Church Leader
    Created By:
    Jim Starlin
    Role: Evil Space Pope
    PL 13 (317)
    STRENGTH
    14 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 3
    FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
    INTELLIGENCE 9 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
    Deception 7 (+13)
    Expertise (Arcane Lore) 6 (+15)
    Expertise (Current Events) 2 (+11)
    Expertise (Space Traveller) 6 (+15)
    Expertise (Science) 3 (+12)
    Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 6 (+15)
    Insight 4 (+9)
    Investigation 4 (+9)
    Intimidation 4 (+10)
    Perception 3 (+8)
    Persuasion 6 (+12)
    Technology 2 (+12)
    Vehicles 1 (+5)

Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Leader of the Universal Church of Truth), Daze (Persuasion), Fascinate (Persuasion), Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Taunt, Trance, Well-Informed

Powers:
    Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

"Quantum Magic"*
    Teleport 11 (Feats: Increased Mass 4) (Extras: Accurate, Portal +2) (59) -- [69]
    • Dynamic AE: Cosmic Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Multiattack) (46)
    • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Burst" Damage 13 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (26)
    • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 13 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (26)
    • Dynamic AE: Force Field 5 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others 12) (18)
    • AE: "Army-Porting Travel" Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Feats: Increased Mass 10) (Extras: Instantaneous, Portal +2) (20)
    • AE: Insubstantial 4 (20)

Senses 11 (Detect Energy & Teleports- Ranged & Acute, Extended Vision 3, Darkvision) [11]
    Flight 10 (2,000 mph) [20]
    Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Environmental Adaptation- Space) [6]
    "Cocoon Resurrection" Immortality 1 (1 month) [2]

Offense:
    Unarmed +12 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
    Cosmic Blast +11 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
    Cosmic Area Attacks +13 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +10 (+15 Force Field), Fortitude +12, Will +14

Complications:
    Motivation (Power)
    Enemy (Adam Warlock)
    Secret (IS Adam Warlock)- Warlock's arch-nemesis is actually himself, driven mad in the future by using the Soul Gem too often.

Total: Abilities: 130 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 117 / Defenses: 20 (317)

-The Magus was more powerful in his "Church" storyline, being REALLY friggin' strong, able to defeat pre-resurrection Thanos.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 08-04-2015 at 11:51 PM.

OPA Belta

The only real proof I ever saw of just how deadly Gamora (okay, seriously, does anybody else have to keep checking their typing when doing her name because you want to type Gamera or Gamorrah?) is during that mostly wretched Blood and Thunder storyline where Thor goes batpoo bananas and the Surfer, Dr. Strange, Infinity Watch, and Thanos have to team up to take him down.

There's one issue where Thanos and Gamora spar, and by spar I mean "attempt to murder the living hell out of each other" and Gamora does a few small kicks and punches and then jabs Thanos right in the throat, making him freeze in place. People are convinced she just killed him, but then he starts moving, rubs his neck, and goes "impressive, if I were anyone else, that would have ended me."

It's not a great "show" but it's better than just a "tell."