Page 624 of 1544 FirstFirst ... 1245245746146226236246256266346747241124 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 15435

Thread: Jab's Builds!

OPA Belta

Re: Jab's Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
    I dunno. They're crazy strong, and there are stories of divers having giant octopusses pull off their masks and filters. An encounter like that could get pretty messy.

Are we going to see Wonderpuss? Those things show off how the animals in this family are true masters of disguise.
    With Octopi, encounters like that are usually a result of curiosity, not rampant aggression.

Humboldt Squid on the other hand (or tentacle if you prefer) are violent, aggressive and often intent on killing divers.

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhero View Post
    With Octopi, encounters like that are usually a result of curiosity, not rampant aggression.

Humboldt Squid on the other hand (or tentacle if you prefer) are violent, aggressive and often intent on killing divers.
    That's why I said it could get messy. My wife got to feed one back when she worked at an aquarium, and she says it didn't take any effort for it to pry apart her hands to get at its food. You'd be hard pressed to pull it off of something it didn't want to let go of. Good thing they're generally friendly! Of course, that might be part of their master plan.

Humboldt squid are terrifying. Tentacles lined with sharp claws instead of suckers? Mad feeding frenzies? Big old bag of nope!

MCRN Admiral

Yeah, I don't give Dex to things without Ranged Attacks or Driving ability, and used Sleight of Tentacle to make up the difference . Their intelligence is considered to be Doglike, which unfortunately stuck them at the same INT that most animals have. Cuttlefish indeed have the kind of camouflage that most cartoonists think CHAMELEONS have, which is very impressive.

MCRN Admiral

The Kraken

THE KRAKEN (Mesonychoteuthis krakenus)
    Role:
    Ship-Sinking Awesome Sight
    PL 12 (186)- Minion Rank 13, Sidekick Rank 36
    Normal Version:
    PL 11
    STRENGTH 12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY -2
    FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
    Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+8)
    Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
    Intimidation 10 (+7, +15 Size)
    Perception 5 (+5)
    Stealth 26 (+24, +7 Size)

Advantages:
    Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Grab, Startle, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
    "Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense) [2]

"Squid Features"
    "Eight Arms" Extra Limbs 4 [4]
    Unarmed Reach 10 (Reach: 150 feet) [10]
    Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]

"Ink Jet" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cloud +4, Attack) [14]

"Sea Creature"
    Swimming 6 (120 mph) [6]
    Immunity 3 (Pressure, Cold, Drowning) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 17 (Str & Sta +17, +17 Mass, +8 Intimidation, -8 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -17 Stealth) -- (150 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [35]
    "Body Ram" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (48) -- [50]
    • AE: "Tentacle Attack" (Extras: Multiattack 16 to Unarmed Damage) (16)
      AE: "Single Tentacle" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +2) (36)
      AE: "Whirlpool Wake" Move Object 12 (Extras: Area-120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Dragging Into Water) (36)

Strength-Damage +4 [4]
    Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 15) [19]

Offense:
    Unarmed +8 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
    Initiative -2

Defenses:
    Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +8

Complications:
    Disabled (Animal)- Squid cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: -34 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 149 / Defenses: 38 (186)

Era: Modern
    Range: All Southern Oceans
    Stereotypes: Sea Monsters.
    Colouring: Red
    Size: Up to 500 feet long (40 tons)
    Encounter Groups: Solitary
    Diet: Fish, other mollusks
    Tactics: Slow surprise-attacking predator, using limbs to hook prey.

-Yup, so many sea monsters, and now here's a truly mythical one- The Kraken. Believed to be imagined after witnessing real Giant or Colossal Squid (though really, humans inventing myths about larger versions of regular animals is as old as humanity), Krakens are a Norse mythological entity, and are usually drawn into the parts of maps that haven't been explored yet. Fabled for their ability to drag the heaviest ships to the bottom of the seas, and create massive whirlpools in their wake, Krakens are PERFECT Sea Monsters for a campaign. At PL 12, they're enough for a whole team of super-heroes, and so pushed towards Strength & Toughness that even the mightiest heroes will be hard-pressed to fight them. This build represents something that is actually capable of taking out an entire ship by itself, and would likely threaten even modern seafaring vessels. Imagine the naval reports coming in about THIS sucker!

-The Kraken is not only big and strong, but it has elite versions of the "Area Attack" Extras my own large creatures get. It's so big that it's wake causes a massive Move Object effect, dragging things behind it into the water (up to 100 tons worth). It's tentacles either Multiattack at +16 Damage, or strike out as Lines or Bursts, each 120 feet in scope. It's pricey, but it's a mindless monster, so who cares?
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-10-2017 at 03:00 AM.

That was one of the most awesome moments of Justice league Unlimited, Aquaman rises out of the water on the head of a freaking skyscraper sized octopus and uses it to hold a bridge up from collapsing.

4:30 for the clip
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MCRN Admiral

Kaiju

TITANIC CREATURE TEMPLATE
    Role:
    Kaiju
    PL 14 (156)
    STRENGTH
    19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -1
    FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
    Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
    Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages:
    Diehard, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
    "Kaiju"
    Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
    Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) [42]

Offense:
    Unarmed +9 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
    Area Attacks +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
    Initiative +3

Defenses:
    Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +8

Complications:
    Relationship (Godzilla)- Despite being rather vitrolic with his buddies, Rodan will back up the G-Man when someone like King Ghidorah comes to town.
    Disabled (Animal)- Rodan cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 113 / Defenses: 30 (156)

Era: None
    Range: Anywhere It Pleases
    Colouring: Any
    Size: Up to 200 feet tall, or 300 feet long (Tens of thousands of tons)
    Encounter Groups: Solitary.
    Diet: Anything It Pleases.
    Tactics: Giant overwhelming assault.

-This is an overall Template for PL 14 Kaiju- the kind of animal that would take an entire Justice League or Avengers squad to defeat. With +20 Toughness, and +19 damage, it can shrug off a ridiculous amount of attacks, and do extreme amounts on its own- there's also an Area Attack because of the sheer size of its limbs. You can slap this onto just about any animal, with modifications in place for whatever type it is (Giant Insects & Birds have Flight, and also Move Object-style wind effects; Spiders have venom; etc.).

OPA Belta

I do love my a good rubber-suited monster what stomps Tokyo. I built Godzilla and some of my other favorite kaiju in my old thread. I've had an awful lot of fun using my Godzilla build as a "next to final episode" adventure in many campaigns. (Let the actual finale be full of character moments, resolving long standing mysteries, and finally defeating the Big Bad Evil Guy... But give them a giant monster to totally cut loose on the episode before.)

Unless its a House Rule for your builds, you can't have more Impervious than base Toughness by RAW.

So the Kaiju is limited to Impervious 20, or 19 for the same effect. Although I suppose you could rule that Withstand Damage works for that, in which case it could have Impervious 25.

MCRN Admiral

Yeah, I ignore that rule because it's dumb, and it fits to have Kaiju immune to any attacks below +13.

MCRN Admiral

Jellyfish

BOX JELLYFISH (Chironex fleckeri)
    Role:
    Creepy Invisible Sea Pest, Poisoner
    PL 7 (55)- Minion Rank 6, Sidekick Rank 11
    Normal Version:
    PL 5
    STRENGTH -4 STAMINA -2 AGILITY -2
    FIGHTING -4 DEXTERITY 0
    INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
    Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
    None

Powers:
    "Omnidirectional Visual Recievers" Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
    Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure) [2]
    "Transparent Body" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Flaws: Limited to Blending) [2]
    "Gelatinous Body" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Innate) [6]

"Natural Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Permanent +0) [17]
    (-2 Strength, Speed -1, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation)
    "Venomous Tentacles" Both Powers Linked
    Weaken Strength 7 (Extras: Progressive +2, Area-Line) (Flaws: Half-Range on Line -1/2) [24]
    "Painful Sting" Affliction 7 (Fort; Fatigued & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative, Progressive +2, Area-Line) (Flaws: Half-Range on Line -1/2) [39]

Offense:
    Unarmed -4 (-4 Damage, DC 11)
    Venom +7 Area (+7 Area Weaken, DC 17)
    Painful Sting +7 Area (+7 Area Affliction, DC 17)
    Initiative -2

Defenses:
    Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness -2, Fortitude +0, Will +0

Complications:
    Disabled (Animal)- Jellyfish cannot speak to humans, nor use their tentacles to easily manipulate objects.
    Power Loss- The Painful sting of a Jellyfish can be reversed by applying vinegar to the wounds.

Total: Abilities: -40 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 91 / Defenses: 2 (55)

Era: Modern
    Range: South Pacific Ocean
    Stereotypes: Unthinking alien-intelligences.
    Colouring: Transparent blue
    Size: Up to 10 feet long (4 lbs.)
    Encounter Groups: Random floating piles
    Diet: Small fish, organisms
    Tactics: Drift along, actively going after small prey with poisonous tentacles

-Jellyfish are one of the animals I'm quite afraid of. Invisible, floating oceanic things with no brains, discernible anatomy or common animal habits, mixed with the most deadly poison in the animal kingdom? Yeah, I can do without these buggers. Reading up on them is actually quite fascinating, because they're so LITTLE like most other animals, but it doesn't make these globsters any less weird.

-I chose to stat up the most deadly member of the family- the Box Jellyfish, with thousands of confirmed human fatalities based off of it's deadly nerve toxins. This works a bit funny- it's a trail of tentacles behind them rather than an "attack", per se, but isn't really PL 10 worthy, so it's just an Area Line attack (sorta like the old "Trail", since it's in a 3-D area it doesn't really matter which you pick I guess), but with some variances since it's a Pain-based thing (a double-Affliction causing disabilities and Stunning) that links to a very deadly Poison (Rank 7 is equal to a Cobra's Bite). Also scary is the lack of visibility for these critters underwater, and their gelatinous bodies that allow them to slip into odd places. These things aren't characters or sidekicks- their 'brain' is just some nerve endings stuck together pointing it in the right direction. A very bizarre build.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 07-10-2017 at 02:58 AM.