DA adventure for 2 characters

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.
Idle Twitch
Bystander
Bystander

DA adventure for 2 characters

Post by Idle Twitch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi, I'm looking at running a DA adventure for a couple of friends who haven't really gamed before.
Any suggestions as to what I should run for them? I was thinknig of running "the Dalish curse" and starting them at 2nd level.

I also don't have alot of GMing experience, so this could be fun...

Vosoros
Henchman
Henchman

Re: DA adventure for 2 characters

Post by Vosoros » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 am

I say start at the beginning with ALL the official adventures, and weaving in a few fan-written ones to take advantage of other game masters experiences. Not only does this let you're players slowly learn, but it allows you to as well in your new GM role.

If you don't get to grips with GM'ing for your players...it's all over, so give yourself and the players as many pre-written adventures as possible to grow with and enjoy.

:wink:

Here's where you can find a list of ALL the know adventures to date (official and fan/GM-written); http://greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10554

You can find my duo of adventures here (Original Versions recommended...naturally); http://greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12604

:P

Good luck with your new GM role, and have fun...
I can be friendly when I desire to. Alas, desiring to be more intelligent does not make it so.
--Morrigan, Dragon Age Origins

What Dragon Age Origins Character Are You?

shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Post by shonuff » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 am

An easy way to start is:

1. First part of A Fragile Web (BiF)
2. Dalish Curse (GM Guide Set 1)
3. Bann Too Many (GM kit)
4. An Arl's Ransom (free quick start)
5. Amber Rage (BiF)
6. Where Eagle's Lair (BiF)
7. Death Unto Duty (Tabletop adventure)
8. Second part of A Fragile Web

Personally, I would have them start at level 1, and if you're concerned about them, throw in an NPC that they can control in combat.

sloblock
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by sloblock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 am

Vosoros wrote:If you don't get to grips with GM'ing for your players...it's all over, so give yourself and the players as many pre-written adventures as possible to grow with and enjoy.
I agree, plus the pre-written ones, tell you what tests are required and the relevant target numbers, which when you first start out can sometimes be tricky to handle.

Hope you have fun whatever you run

shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Post by shonuff » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 am

And most of the intro adventures (2-4 on the above list) have a variety of different tests, so you and the players can get a handle on them.

sloblock
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by sloblock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:56 am

shonuff wrote:And most of the intro adventures (2-4 on the above list) have a variety of different tests, so you and the players can get a handle on them.
Dalish Curse is a good all rounder and I have used several times for different groups.