Instances of Minor Houses Warring

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!
Totoro
Bystander
Bystander

Instances of Minor Houses Warring

Post by Totoro » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:53 am

Hi, guys. I have one question regarding the Setting you may help me with. Which historical instances of Westerosi Minor Houses going to war against each other do you remember? I'm not talking about events such as Tywin destroying the Reynes, but of conflicts between Minor Houses only.

Regards.
"I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."

Gurkhal
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Instances of Minor Houses Warring

Post by Gurkhal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 am

One canon instance is Webber and Osgrey although that didn't go to a proper war it was all set out for one. And in Dunk and Egg there are to my eyes tons of little hints of minor Houses duking it out.

Canarr
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Canarr » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:22 am

Blackwood and Bracken in the Riverlands have a feud between them that's centuries old, and flares to life every couple of decades or so.

ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Post by ceranko » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 am

House Martel and Tyrell are ancient enemies. Oakmont and Daynes are ancient enemies. Kingsgrave and Yronwoods have fought Dondarrion and Caron for centuries. House Hoare took over the Riverlands and warred with everyone around them when the Ironmen conquered the Riverlands. The Stepstones have always been a haven for pirates. Boltons and Starks have had numerous wars in the North for centuries. Lannisters fought the Reynes of Castamere and the Tarbecks fought Tywins father and Tywin himself who killed everyone. The Greystarks sided with the Boltons vs Starks in one uprising. House Florent and Martell are rivals. Lannisters have always been enemies of the Ironborn. Greyjoys have invaded the north numerous times. The Dornish birder houses and the houses of the marcher lords ofvthe reach have fought each other for centuries. The Warriors Sons with the faith rose up against Maegor Targaryen. The Reeds and Freys have been enemis for centuries. House Frey used to hunt Crannogmen for sport, but never won any battles in the swamps.