Announced SIFRP Adventure Path?

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!
zechi
Bystander
Bystander

Announced SIFRP Adventure Path?

Post by zechi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 am

Hi,

As I'm a farther and have full time job I don't have much time at hand to write my own adventures, so our group is more or less dependent on published adventures. I already own all of the published adventures (Journey to King's Landing, Peril at King's Landing, Wedding Knight and the Chronicle Starter adventure, the name I have forgotten) and intend to narrate them (modified versions suited for my campaign).

Green Ronin announced for 2013 the release of a "full length adventure (or "adventure path" if you prefer)", but I could not find any more information about it. Of course we are hoping that the announced "full length adventure" will be published before had time to play the other modules. Nevertheless, perhaps Carriker or whoever is working on it, could give us some more information about the adventure:

1. What is the expected release date (I know, release dates are sometimes difficult to announce, but a rough estimate would be nice)?

2. Will the adventure begin before the events of the first book as the other published adventurers or will it take account the events of the books?

3. As the product is considered a "full length adventure" or "adventure path", what will be the scope of the book?

Thank you for any answers.

Cheers Zechi

Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Re: Announced SIFRP Adventure Path?

Post by Carriker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 am

Hey there. Thanks for the interest. :) To answer your questions:

1. The later part of the year, definitely. Most of the book is finished and about to hit edits, but there's still miles to go before we rest.

2. The adventure starts at the default Year Zero for SIFRP, yes. You should be able to shift it around some if needful, however.

3. The adventure consists of five "chapters," each made up of several scenes of play. They are intended to be sprinkled in and among chapters of play that the narrator creates, although it is certainly possible to play them one right after another.

My pleasure!
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Developer, Song of Ice & Fire
Green Ronin Publishing
--
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - Jojen Reed, A Dance with Dragons

zechi
Bystander
Bystander

Post by zechi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 am

Thank you for your answer. Just another question. I assume the adventure will be published as a printed book (hard- oder softcover) or will it only be available as a pdf?

Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Post by Carriker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 am

zechi wrote:Thank you for your answer. Just another question. I assume the adventure will be published as a printed book (hard- oder softcover) or will it only be available as a pdf?
It will be both print and PDF.
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Green Ronin Publishing
--
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - Jojen Reed, A Dance with Dragons

JTMC93
Bystander
Bystander

Post by JTMC93 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 am

So will the Adventure Path/Chain be publish in multiple booklet ala Paizo's? or a single large book ala Black Knight Games?

Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Post by Carriker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 am

In one single book.
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Green Ronin Publishing
--

shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Post by shonuff » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 am

Any idea if it will be hard cover or soft cover? I know I prefer hard back, but I realize that soft back is cheaper.

JTMC93
Bystander
Bystander

Post by JTMC93 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:42 am

Or even a Soft Cover with a Hard Cover Edition.

& One Book! I could hug you right now! I hate having to buy multiple books to get the full adventure. I understand that it allows them to get in had quicker but it is annoying to most of the Gamers in my area.

Carriker
Ronin Joe
Ronin Joe

Post by Carriker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 am

Sounds like we're going hard cover right now. Though, in all fairness, that sort of thing can change sometimes, so don't hold me to it. But yeah - hard cover, most likely.
--
Regards,
Joseph Carriker
Green Ronin Publishing
--

shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Post by shonuff » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 am

Carriker wrote:Sounds like we're going hard cover right now. Though, in all fairness, that sort of thing can change sometimes, so don't hold me to it. But yeah - hard cover, most likely.
Nope, it's on the Internet now, so consider yourself held! Like a hug, but with spikes and all kinds of nastiness if it's a softcover. :)

Canarr
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Canarr » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Will it be available in Germany? :)

zechi
Bystander
Bystander

Post by zechi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm

As all of the other products are available in Germany as well, I expect it will be possible to buy it either at your local gaming store or via amazon.de. I can also recommend to compare prices with amazon.co.uk, were I bought all of the supplements for SIFRP.

talavan
Bystander
Bystander

Post by talavan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:57 am

Are there any news about the adventure? I would be satisfied with gossip.

shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Post by shonuff » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 am

There was a product announced in the 2014 preview called Dragon's Hoard which fits the bill. Not much else is known.

ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Post by ceranko » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 am

If your looking for some other adventures already written check out the Pendragon modules. Most could be easily converted to ASOIAF with the pre generated characters in the rules books. The adventures are pretty good. As are most of the Harn adventures. Easy to convert as well.