True20 Dragon Age?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True20 Dragon Age?

I know that there are fan based D20 conversions fo the video game but has anyone done a version for True20?

Re: True20 Dragon Age?

I haven't seen one, but I've thought of adapting it myself more than once. To me eyes, much of the design of DAGE is True20 inspired and consequently it should be quite easy to adapt. I mean, the same 3 core classes with a number of similar racial backgrounds means much of the work is already done. There's a few focuses that don't align too well with T20 skills, but there's nothing to say you just don't just use a T20 skill instead. Probably the biggest challenge is aligning T20 spells with the different DAGE magic schools. There isn't nearly as many DAGE spells though, so certainly doable.

As much as I do like DAGE and enjoyed GM'ing it, I personally think a T20 version would be more appealing to players of crunchier RPG systems like D&D or Pathfinder. As it stands, because of the simplicity of DAGE and the resulting holes in its rules, you generally don't want ex-D&D players in your campaign. IMO, the same wouldn't be true for a T20 edition of the setting. Due to the excessive delays in boxset 3, I actually moved my campaign to a fan-made Savage Worlds adaptation of the setting and don't have any real plans to return. As comfortable as I am with that decision, I'd actually prefer to run the setting with T20.
    Last edited by kronovan; 08-14-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Yep I reckon the whole magic schools could be done very easily as you say. Arcane Lance could simply be added as a bonus Power for any Mage.

Comment

Yep, I was thinking that the Adept (Mage) background could start with Mana Blast from the Adept HB for an Arcane Lance equivalent, and then get 3 other Feats or Powers. Or maybe give it to them as a freebie with the customary 4 stating Feats or Powers. So-o-o-o tempted to start an adaptation, but I already have way too much RPG creating on my plate.
        Last edited by kronovan; 11-03-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X