Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the Dark

This is probably a bit of a long shot

But has anyone ever attempted to convert the Fireborn campaign setting to the True20 system?
    I ask because I love the setting, but I'm not overly find of its dynamic d6 system.

Re: Shot in the Dark

Originally posted by Neosaur View Post
    This is probably a bit of a long shot

But has anyone ever attempted to convert the Fireborn campaign setting to the True20 system?
    I ask because I love the setting, but I'm not overly find of its dynamic d6 system.
    Wow. I have both and love both, but I have never thought of combining the two.
    Playing:Tyranny of Dragons (D&D)
    Running: Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
    Planning: Handful of Dust (Urban Shadows)

Comment

The Fireborn setting is great. I love the premise and narrative flow with the dual age story telling. I just can't get into the d6 system. I'm much more comfortable with a d20 system, and True20 is flexible enough that I don't think converting Fireborn to it should be that difficult. Mainly my concern lies with the dragons and mythic age part of the setting.

Comment

I'm with you on not liking Fireborn's d6 system with its dynamic dice pools and stances. To me it sort of seemed like a Shadowun 2.x/3.x on steroids resulting in way too much muscle bulk. I think if you only adapt the flavor of it, it's doable with True20. It's been so long since I played it, but IIRC there were Scions, Dragons and a 3rd less powered character type for PC's. For the Dragon it might be necessary to create a custom role(s). The bigger challenge IMO is to some how capture the cinematic flavor of the stances. As much as I think it's doable with True20, it might actually work better with Green Ronin's AGE system since it has stunts, which to a certain extent mimic the feel of stances.

Comment

Working...
        X