Wherein Lies Ruthless Compassion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Lies Ruthless Compassion

So I am running a horror game, entitled Wherein Lies Ruthless Compassion, using True20. So far I am liking the system very much as I thought I would. I am using the horror adventures section from the revised edition. The sanity mechanic works nicely (I'm treating sanity as a simple Will save) and the whole game so far has worked well.

I am running it at my local gaming cafe. As such I could not bring in Kult, which is my go to modern horror game as the artwork is pretty full-on and I felt unsuited for a gaming cafe on a Sunday afternoon. So this gave me an excuse to use True20 and I can see me using T20 more often.

Re: Wherein Lies Ruthless Compassion

Yeah, I find the grittiness of the wound system along with the drama and tension of the Toughness save, tends to compliment Horror settings well. I've tried to add Horror elements in my Dragon Age campaign which uses AGE, but it's just doesn't work well.

Comment

Re: Wherein Lies Ruthless Compassion

Yeah the grittiness is certainly working out although the sheer lethality I've not yet tried as I'm doing a slow burn campaign. Two sessions in and no combat the players are having real problems as they appear to be more used to combat heavy games which this one isn't.

Comment

Working...
      X