Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Do you use Take 1 and Take 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use Take 1 and Take 5?

I'm looking over my True 20 book after a hiatus of many years, looking to get back into the game. However, some of the rules seem a bit extraneous. For instance, the Take 1 and Take 5 rules. We never used these rules; not sure why.

What's your experience? Did you ever Take 1 or Take 5? Are they valuable rules, or just a waste of ink?

Re: Do you use Take 1 and Take 5?

In what situation would taking a 1 be useful?

Comment

Re: Do you use Take 1 and Take 5?

If you have a high enough rank in a skill that a natural 1 is the only way to fail, then taking 1 lets you avoid that possibility.
      Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1835-Digital-s-Daemons"]My character library[/URL]

Comment

Working...
      X