The Great Green Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Green Fire?

Hi, an old member returning under a new nomiker here. I have been comparing the original d20 version of FP to the latest (for me) version, ie. Pirate's Guide to Freeport, and the biggest difference that leaps at you from the start is the inclusion of the new town area of Bloodsalt.

I am a little in the dark as to who/what caused the great green fire, and why? Has this been explained at length anywhere? It is my understanding it's not been covered in any of the published adventures? The Wizard's Guild seems to be heavily involved, at least in the proclamation project. Was it their doing originally?

I start my campaign using the old version of FP, starting with the original FP trilogy, moving along with further adventures (Black Sails last), and letting time pass to deploy any changes from the PGF so that I eventually end up with the current situation. So I need to figure which new features are there from the beginning, and which happen later and how. So explaining the Green Fire incident will become topical at some point.

Of course, the party might be at sea while it happens, but it's major event that I think requires some fast talking from the GM?

Re: The Great Green Fire?

The origin of the fire is explained in the Pirate's Guide. I don't have my copy handy at the moment, but IIRC, it's in the chapter about the Serpent's Teeth, within a page or two of the illustration of the volcano.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

So it is, thanks for pointing it out for me, timemrick! I had not got that far in my reading yet.

Comment

You're welcome!
        Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
        Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
        Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
        Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
        Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

Working...
        X