Freeport: City of Adventure vs. The Pirate's Guide to Freeport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeport: City of Adventure vs. The Pirate's Guide to Freeport

I picked up the new Freeport: City of Adventure supplement for Pathfinder as a Kickstarter backer. I was also a Kickstarter backer for LWD's software Realm Works.

As a Realm Works supporter I will be getting access to the information from The Pirate's Guide to Freeport as a stretch goal reward, but I don't own that book in any other form. I am curious what the difference is between the Pirate's Guide and the new Pathfinder tome. I know that The Pirate's Guide is system neutral with supplements to set up different game systems, but as far as the fluff goes, how different are the older and newer books? Does the new Freeport: City of Adventure encompass the contents of The Pirate's Guide, or is the new book a completely new set of fluff because of advancing the history of the city or whatever.

I assume the new book doesn't invalidate the old book, but I am just trying to figure out how much work it is going to be to update information from the Pirate's Guide to bring it in line with the newer City of Adventure book. There is a big difference between adding additional information that is missing and having to update for multiple years of history changing the city.

Addendum question - if there is a big difference between the two books, are there plans to release a Realm Works version of the new City of Adventure book?

Thanks.

Re: Freeport: City of Adventure vs. The Pirate's Guide to Freeport

A similar question came up in this thread a few months back. My reply there is far from exhaustive, but should help point out some of the most notable additions in the fluff parts of the Pathfinder book. Apart from changes to some locations over the two years that the timeline was advanced, the overwhelming majority of the text from the Pirate's Guide was incorporated into the new book, so most of it will still be valid.

I haven't used Realms Works, so I don't know how (or how much) information is used or presented there. But I do know that there is someone working on Hero Lab files for Freeport: The City of Adventure. (The last update I heard was that the files were in beta-testing, so hopefully we'll see that soon!)
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

Re: Freeport: City of Adventure vs. The Pirate's Guide to Freeport

I would think the Pathfinder version has more to it. Myself am ready to see what they Do with Freeport for FAGE

Comment

Working...
      X