Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I don't play Pathfinder, should I stick with the old Freeport guide or go for the new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I don't play Pathfinder, should I stick with the old Freeport guide or go for the new one?

I recently pre-ordered the soon to be released "Freeport: The City of Adventure for the Pathfinder RPG" book, but it was a bit of an impulse purchase as I don't play Pathfinder.

When I looked deeper into the Green Ronin site I see they have a genre neutral book called "The Pirates Guide to Freeport" still available for purchase.

In your opinion do you think I should skip the larger Pathfinder version and see if I can get the older genre neutral book, or is there new and worthwhile content in those 250+ extra pages? (And those +250 pages are not just pathfinder classes, rules and stat blocks)

Re: If I don't play Pathfinder, should I stick with the old Freeport guide or go for the new one?

I would say, go for the new one.The PF rules don't really kick in until around page 300. Then, it's just PF stats for some of the NPCs. A good majority of them don't even -have- stats. Then a good chunk of description of what races are present (again, light on stats) and how they interact with Freeport. It truly doesn't get PF heavy until around p.364.

I don't know what rulesystem you were planning on using Freeport in, but if it was using any of the other Freeport Companions nothing should have changed. Which is something to keep in mind. Yes, the old (and still great) Pirate's Guide to Freeport is system neutral ... but there was still some extra material in those Companions that further fleshed out Freeport.
    In Brightest Day,
    In Duckest Night

Comment

Working...
    X