Penultimate PDF Commentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penultimate PDF Commentary

Today we've sent the penultimate version of the Freeport PDF to Kickstarter backers. It needs a few nips and tucks, but it is in its near final form. If you have comments about the PDF, please post them here.

Thanks!

Chris Pramas
    Green Ronin Publishing

Re: Penultimate PDF Commentary

Looks great so far! I'll peruse more in-depth this evening. PM'd with a small question. ^^ Definitely looking forward to the official release.

Comment

Here are my impressions so far; I'll add to the list as I read more closely.

*The parchment-like background for the sidebar on page 27 is notably bigger than the text it contains.

*On page 78, Morgenstern is spelled with and without an A.

*In the news blurb on page 241, I think "Back Up" should be hyphenated.

*There's a green space on page 289, but I suspect you all know that.

*There is an extra comma after Intelligence in the stat modifiers for island trolls on 359.

*On page 428, under the heading Gaining Insanity Points, the text mentions five ways to gain IP, but only four are listed in the bullet points.

*On page 441, seige should be written as siege.

Finally, I assume that the index is waiting until everything else is finalized.

-Nate
      Last edited by Nate Christen; 11-12-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

After looking at the map on page 47 I thought there were duplications of numbers of certain numbers. But I believe there is supposed to be 2 different maps, one of the Docks and one of Scurvy Town. However, there is no way to separate which is which the way it is shown. Perhaps some type of line or color difference might make it easier to distinguish one from the other.

Comment

This sidebar:

Disease-Infested Morels Sold in City, Dozens Infected
          - THE SHIPPING NEWS

is repeated on pages 24 and 27.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhair View Post
            After looking at the map on page 47 I thought there were duplications of numbers of certain numbers. But I believe there is supposed to be 2 different maps, one of the Docks and one of Scurvy Town. However, there is no way to separate which is which the way it is shown. Perhaps some type of line or color difference might make it easier to distinguish one from the other.
            The maps in the book are cropped from the old Freeport city map, which is still being revised to add new locations, per Pramas's latest Kickstarter update. There are dashed lines along district borders, but they're hard to see on this page--and frankly, are hard to see even on the 2-page spread in the end papers of The Pirate's Guide to Freeport. (The map printed much darker in that book than it did on the poster map, which was lightly tinted enough for the dashed lines to show up better.) In The Pirate's Guide, the district maps in each chapter were cut out along those borders. I hope GR does that again with the new map.
            Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
            Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
            Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
            Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
            Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I was looking through the PDF and I didn't see anything regarding a ship for me.

I asked in the comments while the Kickstarter was running to see if I would be able to have my captain's name in even with a higher tier.

I apologize for the lateness, as I thought that we would only be one of the banner ads at the top.

Is there anything that can be done at this stage?

Creator Chris Pramas: Green Ronin Publishing on March 31, 2013
              Todd, if you want to go for one the higher levels, you can totally name a pirate captain too. The Sea Lord says so.

Comment

Hi,

Just pointing to a small error before I hook into the whole book.

Page 160: The Hidden Quay - 2nd sentence - an extra "a".

*"He sells those brews at his a quiet little inn, the Hidden Quay."

I'll do my best to find other errors over the next week.

Cheers.

Comment

pp. 2-3, Table of Contents: At the bottom of the second column on p. 3, move "Optional Rules:" to the next column so that the entry doesn't span a column break.

pp. 401-402, Gods of Freeport: First of all, thank you for reworking the domains here! However, there are enough new subdomains that aren't in the APG (not just "a few exceptions") that it might be a good idea to flag those and refer readers to the PFSRD.
                  * The God of Pirates is now correctly listed as AL CN, but now he's ended up in the Good Gods section.
                  * Under God of Retribution, "Judgement" should be "Judgment".
                  * Under God of Knowledge, capitalize "isolation".
                  * Under Crawling Chaos, there is a comma after "Protean". Is this extraneous punctuation, or was a sixth subdomain omitted?
                  * The God of Luck's favored weapon is the staff-spear. What source does this come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Freeport Pirate View Post
                    Today we've sent the penultimate version of the Freeport PDF to Kickstarter backers. It needs a few nips and tucks, but it is in its near final form. If you have comments about the PDF, please post them here.

Thanks!

Chris Pramas
                    Green Ronin Publishing
                    Dear Chris,

I signed up and paid into the Kickstarter as a Freeport captain. When I looked through the PDF, I noticed that Captain Jacobi "ninefingers" Shaw and his ship The Deadman's Wake seem to be listed under other businesses as a tavern in Drac's End on pages 178-179. I counted the number of actual ships and their captains listed later in the book and The Deadman's Wake as well as it's nine fingered captain were not listed among the other infamous pirates listed there. Please restore Captain Jacobi "Ninefingers" Shaw and the Deadman's Wake to his rightful position among the other ship captains listed in the book. Please contact me if there is any confusion or issues with this.

I wanted to thank you for your time and effort that you've poured into this book. I've been playing in Freeport since it's inception and love the campaign setting. I am greatly thrilled to be a part of it and just wanted to make sure that Captain Jacobi "nine fingers" Shaw and his ship The Deadman's Wake are listed as one of the pirate captains in canon. While I'm not an editor, the setting itself looks as alive and amazing as I remember.

Keep up the good work and thanks again,

Chris F

Comment

The header of Chapter II is missing an "i". I think it should read "Freeport, City of Adventure", obviously without the bold. It currently reads "Freeport, Cty of Adventure".

Comment

Originally posted by Freeport Pirate View Post

Thanks!

Chris Pramas
                        Green Ronin Publishing
                        Thank your for all of the hard work you have put into the adventure so far BUT I am a bit unhappy about my Captain being a Dwarf. I know it sounds a bit off but I paid for the Pledge to have a Captain and it was to bring a character type I love playing in ALL of my games to enjoy as a Captain in this setting. Is there any way to change this to a Human? Here is the Captain in question:

North Wind
                        Captain Sven Silvermane (LN male dwarf fighter 10) is stout
                        and serious with a stripe of silver locks on either side of
                        his chin, braided and pinned with nacre shells. His galleon,
                        the North Wind is the Sea Lordís presence in the waters of
                        Freeport, and Sven reports directly to her. Patrolling within
                        50 miles or so of the island, he keeps a sharp eye out for any
                        activity that would heavily compromise Freeport, or work
                        directly against Mariliseís interests.

OTHER than that most of the other typos have been found that I have seen but I will read deeper into it for you. Thanks for the consideration!

Comment

On page 366, Step Up is missing as a bonus feat for Freebooter.

Comment

Just bought the final PDF... the header logo at the beginning of Chapter IV on page 80 says "Scurveytown" (with an E) where everywhere else has it without the E.

Comment

Here's a rules question that has come up in my own campaign, now that our party ranger has decided to pick up a level of monster slayer.

At 1st level, the monster slayer class gains the Monster Lore ability (page 371):
                              Having studied the lore about all sorts of creatures, a monster slayer is well-versed in the special attacks, defenses, and vulnerabilities of any foes he hunts. The monster slayer may make Knowledge checks to learn any kind of monster lore even if he is untrained in the relevant skill (see the table below). When he makes a check to determine monster lore using a Knowledge skill in which he is trained, the monster slayer may add half his class level to the check.
                              With most class features that add a bonus of half class level to skill checks starting at 1st level, the rules specify a minimum of 1, but this one does not. Was that an oversight, or is the only benefit at 1st level the ability to make the checks untrained? This ability is essentially a specialized version of bardic knowledge, which gives a minimum bonus of 1, so I am inclined to rule that monster lore does the same.

(And yes, I am indeed compiling a page for the print book for my Errata Archive site. It's still a work in progress, but an incomplete draft can be found here.)

Comment

Working...
                              X