Penultimate PDF Commentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penultimate PDF Commentary

OK, this seems as good a place as any. I was creating stock NPC's for Herolab when I ran into a problem with the Journeyman Cultist (p. 341). The Journeyman Cultist has the Patron "Destruction", and all patrons come from the Witch's patron list. However, there is no "Destruction" patron listed there. Destruction seems to give "True Strike" at 2nd Level, and "Shatter" at 4th level. The Journeyman Cultist is 6th level and -should- have another Patron spell, but does not. So, I'm unsure of what spells the Patron grants at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 ,16, 18, and 20 (though I would assume the 16th level Patron spell would be "Destruction")
    In Brightest Day,
    In Duckest Night

Comment

Originally posted by Mach5RR View Post
      OK, this seems as good a place as any. I was creating stock NPC's for Herolab when I ran into a problem with the Journeyman Cultist (p. 341). The Journeyman Cultist has the Patron "Destruction", and all patrons come from the Witch's patron list. However, there is no "Destruction" patron listed there. Destruction seems to give "True Strike" at 2nd Level, and "Shatter" at 4th level. The Journeyman Cultist is 6th level and -should- have another Patron spell, but does not. So, I'm unsure of what spells the Patron grants at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 ,16, 18, and 20 (though I would assume the 16th level Patron spell would be "Destruction")
      The patron is an error: there is no Destruction patron in the list in the PF SRD, and the asterisked spells match the Destruction domain. Choose a different patron; Death, Insanity, or Vengeance would probably be the closest thematic matches.

Looking at the class table, the Patron class feature gives a new patron spell whenever a new spell level is gained, so the cultist does not grant a new spell at 4th level. The Patron text needs to be corrected to reflect that.

And now I'll go add this to my errata page for the book...
      Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
      Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
      Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
      Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
      Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

Originally posted by timemrick View Post
        The patron is an error: there is no Destruction patron in the list in the PF SRD, and the asterisked spells match the Destruction domain. Choose a different patron; Death, Insanity, or Vengeance would probably be the closest thematic matches.

Looking at the class table, the Patron class feature gives a new patron spell whenever a new spell level is gained, so the cultist does not grant a new spell at 4th level. The Patron text needs to be corrected to reflect that.

And now I'll go add this to my errata page for the book...
        Ahhh, my mistake. I was looking at the Patrons themselves and what spells they grant.
        Pity. I did bang out a Destruction Patron to jam into Hero Lab - True Strike (2), Shatter (4), Explosive Runes (6), Touch of Slime (8), Corrosive Consumption (10), Disintegrate (12), Hungry Darkness (14), Destruction (16), Mage's Disjunction (18)

And speaking of errata, there is one more (with the Journeyman Cultist). The cultist is listed as having "Doom" as a 1st level spell. Doom is a Divine Spell and is not allowed for the Witch (and by proxy, the Cultist). Instead, I recommend they cast "Cause Fear" which is in the same vein (albeit more powerful)
        In Brightest Day,
        In Duckest Night

Comment

Working...
        X