Release Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Date

When can we expect Freeport: The City of Adventure for the Pathfinder RPG to be printed / done / released to the public?

I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign, and have been eagerly awaiting it's release, but I haven't been able to find any indication of an actual release date. It sounds like it may be close... but how close? weeks? months? years?

Re: Release Date

This is from Chris Pramas's Round Table post 10/19 on the GR homepage, which is the most recent official word that I've seen:
    Freeport, The City of Adventure for the Pathfinder RPG: Speaking of Kickstarters, we've also been hard at work on the new Freeport book. This is a new core book for our classic city setting, and it too has been customized for the Pathfinder RPG. At 512 pages, it will also be the biggest book we've ever published! This is in the final stages of production. Very shortly now, we should be releasing the PDF to Kickstarter backers. Then we'll release that to the public and put the book up for pre-order. After a final errata check, it will go to print. We'll announce a final release date when we have something from the printer.
    Based on the progress of the Advanced Bestiary at this stage (which I also backed, and which is almost ready to ship to backers), it will be soon now, a very few months at most.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

Comment

Re: Release Date

From https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1043357
      I should have a PDF that's 99% complete for you all on Tuesday. We'll then take a week or so to have your many eyes on it and collect any errata. Then we'll make final corrections, update a few pieces of art, release a revised PDF, and send this baby to print.

This has been a longer voyage than expected but we're almost there. Freeport is in sight! I'll be back again next week with the PDF.
      So I'm hoping that we're talking sooner than months, but I have no idea how long things like "final corrections, update a few pieces of art" can take.

Comment

Working...
      X