ICONs Bundle of Holding until June 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICONs Bundle of Holding until June 28th

Thought that people might be interested and didn't see it on the GR website...

Through Tuesday, June 28, we present the ICONS Bundle, featuring the fast-playing superpowered tabletop roleplaying game ICONS by Steve Kenson, designer ofMutants & Masterminds. ICONS adapts the spirit of classics like Marvel Super Heroes and Villains and Vigilantes to a modern narrative design loosely based on Stefan O'Sullivan's Fudge.

Compared to a lot of superhero RPGs, ICONS is fairly short and simple. You won't find exhaustive details or situational rules, and there's no built-in setting beyond "the world of comic book superheroes." The game targets the atmosphere of Silver Age comics and modern animated adventures like Batman Beyond. Mix-and-match heroes and villains from ICONS books, other games, your favorite comics, and your own imagination. The ICONS system provides a balancing mechanism so any group of heroes can work on relatively even footing.

This huge new collection presents everything you need for anything from a pick-up game to a complete four-color campaign. Pay just US$14.95 get all eight titles in ourPlayer's Collection (retail value $67) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:

• ICONS: The Assembled Edtion (retail price $15): The complete, comprehensive 232-page full-color rulebook. Includes the Game Master's Screen (retail $1) with helpful reference charts.
    • Great Power (retail $10): The super-powers sourcebook with new power options, dazzling devices, and ways to reskin existing powers.
    • Five Hero Packs (total retail $41): A total of 260 fully statted, ready-to-play characters.

And if you pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $24.95 to start, you'll raise your Determination and also get our entire Game Master's Collection with nine more titles (retail value $61):
    • ICONS A to Z (retail $10): Steve Kenson's 26 essays on all things superheroic -- from Aliens, Battles, and Cosmic through X-Factors, Youth, and Zombies -- published biweekly in 2015 and newly collected.
    • The Villainomicon (retail $10): A rogues' gallery of antagonists from Auntie Social and Beastman to Yama King and Zergo.
    • Rise of the Phalanx (total retail $26): These four linked adventures by Dan Houser (Flight of the Nova-1, Cold War Conundrum, The Nemesis Crisis, andThe Metaskulk Invasion) kick off a new campaign or make great "special crossover events."
    • Three four-color adventures (total retail $15): Scenarios in the Silver Age style by Steve Kenson -- the introductory adventure The Sidereal Schemes of Dr. Zodiac, military battlesuit mayhem in The Skeletron Key, and the time-bendingThe RetConQuest.

That's a total retail value of US$128, enough to draw the interest of the greedy Corsair Queen or conceivably even Professor Hominid. But you'd better answer the headquarters alert fast -- this ICONS Bundle offer ends Tuesday, June 28.

http://bundleofholding.com/presents/Icons

Re: ICONs Bundle of Holding until June 28th

What a great deal! I just picked this up and thought I'd have a look at what the community for ICONs was like online. It seems pretty small curled up under all the M&M threads but it's such a cool game. Why aren't more people playing this one?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I just grabbed it, despite already owning the Assembled edition. It made it an even easier decision seeing that 10% goes to Steve and his charity of choice.

Comment

I too purchased the bundle, although I have not had a chance to peruse the books.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Glad to hear that people are enjoying.

I rec'ed another email more recently with another two books in it. Pretty great deal.

Comment

It's an exceptional deal!
            Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Dare I say, it's an ICONic deal?

Comment

With his Level 6 Super-Last-Minute Panic power, our hero "kenmadragon" spends a Determination point to activate his "Avid RPG Player" Quality for Improved Effort because he's pushing the deadline! The dice are rolled, and kenmadragon gets an Effort of 12. His opponent, "TheCountDownDealClock" rolls and makes the Difficulty 7. It's a Massive Success for our hero, and for his pocket-book, and some of his success helps charity!

Also, like others have mentioned - is anyone up for running a game of Icons on the pbp? I'm running Spectrum through a solo game right now, but I would LOVE to play a game too!

Comment

I was actually thinking of running Dan Houser's Rise of the Phalanx adventure series.

Who's in?

Comment

This is something I saw noted on Mr. Kenson's site and have been doing a bit of the "Oooh," bit, along with requisite handwringing. I actually own hardcopy versions of most of the stuff being included here, but the prospect of picking up some of the accompanying works - e.g., the Hero Packs, the various modules - may be just too darn good to resist.

Ah, well. I've got twenty-four - count 'em, twenty-four - hours to get me butt in gear. ICONS has set my interest back in motion with regard to Mr. Kenson's work...I don't think my will is going to be equal to the task...

Comment

Originally posted by badpenny View Post
                      I was actually thinking of running Dan Houser's Rise of the Phalanx adventure series.

Who's in?
                      I'm interested!

Comment

I'd be interested if a game tutorial can be included

Comment

Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
                          I'd be interested if a game tutorial can be included
                          I'm happy to explain any or all of the game mechanics.

Comment

Do we have quorum?

Comment

It's only two, which is a little light for my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                              X