ICONS PbP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICONS PbP?

So, I have the main Icons Superpowered Roleplaying book, as well as the Icons Assembled Edition (whose ruleset I vastly prefer), but given that I'm pretty much the only one in my area who 1) has the game and 2) wants to play, I haven't actually been able to try it out.

Which brings me to the point of this post: What's a guy to do to play Icons as a play-by-post or something? Should we just create threads in this subforum of the RoninArmy boards, or what? Or are we consigned to just game elsewhere offsite on other boards or internet-tabletops?

Also, anyone out there who wants to play a game of Icons via play-by-post? Because I'm ready and willing! Just need more players and a GM!

Post to the thread if you want to play an ICONS PbP game here, and any potential GMs, feel free to raise your voices!

Re: ICONS PbP?

What's a girl to do indeed? Sign me up!
    Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

I have read my brothers copy of ICONS and it looked pretty interesting, definitely be willing to try it out, as a player. He couldn't find any players for it, so I still have his copy, been thinking about using it for the game I am running for my son. I'd need to read it more thoroughly, just really skimmed it at this point.

Comment

I recently started playing Icons: AE and was lurking the forums for inspiration when I saw this post. So I registered on RoninArmy just to answer to this thread!

I've been meaning to try out pbp for some time and I wouldn't mind GMing either. For this to work there are some discussions to be had about style, pace of IC-posting and where the thread should be posted etc.

Comment

I want to try out ICONS too. I don't have the Assembled Edition rules, but if this sounds like it might take off enough I could talk myself into purchasing them.

Unfortunately I tried GMing ICONS once and I failed on the game, so I can't heroic step up to be the GM this time.

Comment

I think Icons is the perfect fit for an online game, in particular an open ended one.

If this or something related is what you have in mind by 'pbf' I could easily be a GM or even be a player. More people need to play ICONS. Every waking time you are not playing ICONS, you should be playing ICONS .

Comment

I don't know how anyone else'd feel about it, but I've heard mention of ICONS troupe play where every player has a roster of more than one character and we can choose to switch in between adventures.

It's not anywhere near a deal-breaker for me, just thought I'd bring it up.

Comment

I could do Troupe-play for Icons. Never actually done Troupe-play before (irl or otherwise), but it'd be neat to give it a shot. Then again, I'm also considering stepping up to be a GM to get Icons pbp started on these forums...

I'm just waiting to hear back from whichever mod or admin replies to my query about where to put the darn threads...

Comment

Originally posted by kenmadragon View Post
                  I'm just waiting to hear back from whichever mod or admin replies to my query about where to put the darn threads...
                  Given how long it's taking I'd say just go ahead and they can deal with the hassle of moving us if they feel so inclined.

Comment

Agreed.

I'll start up a thread with a basic structure, then we can use Troupe-play rules to build characters and do world-building using the Assembled rules, with myself as 'troupe head' to moderate and keep things in line, and volunteer myself to be first to wear the GM hat.

Now, I just need to crank out a generic setting base as a foundation for the world-building...

Comment

I'm eager to see how this game goes! Good luck to all of you.

Comment

Working...
                      X