Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took the plunge and bought Icons Assembled Edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took the plunge and bought Icons Assembled Edition.

Overall, I like the simplicity of the game. It really is something I have been looking for in superhero gaming for a long time.

I started my quest buying Fate Core. But after talking to friends online, they showed me Icons. It got me pretty quickly.

I'm looking forward to a lot of hours of fun.

Re: I took the plunge and bought Icons Assembled Edition.

welcome!
    One of us!
    One of us!

Comment

Re: I took the plunge and bought Icons Assembled Edition.

I come from a background of more complex character generation systems in superhero games.

And while those systems are good at what they do. They also fall prey to players looking to exploit any crazy slight imperfection in the rules just for the sake of being exploitive. It is something that turned what was supposed to be a fun pursuit for me into nothing but a misery.

I don't want to be endlessly adjudicating rules exploits that some player comes up and thinks is clever. That's not what I am there for. And it's not what I want to be there for. It's not any fun for me.

And in my opinion. Any player that is simply looking for exploits isn't really there to play the campaign to begin with. They take up space better held by a player that actually wants to be a part of the game group and the campaign that group is playing.

Every second an exploiter is present in a group, they suck the life out of a whole game group. With the GM being the first target in their crosshairs.
      Last edited by Darrin Kelley; 06-25-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X