This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

For a couple of days now, both the forums and Green Ronin's main site have been down for me. On the few occasions that I've managed to access the forums, I can't post a reply in the thread I was writing in when the forums stopped responding the first time. Whenever I try to submit or preview a post, I just get teleported to the Community Home page.

I haven't seen any announcements about the forums undergoing any sort of maintenance, so... what's going on?

Re: Is it just me?

Unfortunately, this is something that just happens to people sometimes. The nickname for it is the "front page bug". There are a few words that are positively correlated with it, along with adding a space before and/or after an equals sign. Once it hits you, it sticks around a for while, longer if you repeatedly tried to submit a post that dropped you to the front page. It seems to be tied to IP addresses, not usernames. The popular theory is that it's some piece of anti-spam/exploit code gone wild.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Someone let Cosmo the Moon Monkey out again.

So, the main webpage ( www.greenronin.com ) doesn't resolve for you?

Who is your ISP?

Have you cleared your browser's cache?
      Have you updated your DNS?
      ( These last two things *may* help resolve your issues. )
      ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Looks like there is an update for the forum software, we'll probably update in the next few days.

Comment

A bug with a name? I don't know if that's comforting or worrisome.

@Fildrigar
          Neither the forums nor the main webpage resolved for me, though obviously they do now. Both timed out and Firefox was telling me that it wasn't getting a response from the server(s).

I did try clearing my browser cache but that didn't help. I may also have tried manually entering the domain names, though I don't remember if I tried that for both of them. Probably just the forums, since that's what I was trying to reach. No effect there either.

I'll get back to you on the rest via PM.

Comment

It hit me from my home IP last week, but I got in through my work VPN. It is resolved somehow.
            [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by mrdent12 View Post

It hit me from my home IP last week, but I got in through my work VPN. It is resolved somehow.

Unfortunately, this is something that just happens to people sometimes. The nickname for it is the "front page bug". There are a few words that are positively correlated with it, along with adding a space before and/or after an equals sign. Once it hits you, it sticks around a for while, longer if you repeatedly tried to submit a post that dropped you to the front page. It seems to be tied to IP addresses, not usernames. The popular theory is that it's some piece of anti-spam/exploit code gone wild.

Comment

It also should be gone with the new version of the forums. You're replying to a comment from a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                X