Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Designer Tryouts

Announced on the Green Ronin homepage:

We are looking for new freelance design talent at Green Ronin. Have you always dreamed of writing for RPGs? This could be your opportunity! Below you will find documents for each of our major game lines (Dragon Age/AGE, Mutants & Masterminds, Pathfinder, and A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying/Chronicle System). These documents are from our line developers and they tell you how to submit for each game. Follow the instructions carefully! This is a key skill for freelancers to have. If we ask for a sample monster and you send an adventure, don't expect an email back.

Tryouts are open until August 31. We look forward to your submissions!

You can find more details here: RPG Designer Tryouts
    Sister Garrote of Warm Humanitarianism -- The Mean Ronin
    www.greenronin.com
    www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
    nicole@greenronin.com

Re: RPG Designer Tryouts

Question about the Mutants and Masterminds tryout.

In the sample stat block, under powers it has two simple powers, two powers with multiple effects, and array for three powers. Do we need to follow this design template to the letter? Like we need to create a character with two simple powers, two powers with multiple effects, and an array with three powers? Do we need to include Equipment and headquarters and a minion? I just ask because I want to do this right.
    [URL="http://crinos.dreamwidth.org/"]Urge to Stat Rising[/URL]: My blog where I post write ups for monsters for the Pathfinder system.

Comment

In my experience, yes, they will want someone to do the stat blocks their way. Just read the samples, those will help you figure it out.
      Last edited by Mister B; 07-27-2014, 12:08 PM.
      [FONT=century gothic][SIZE=5][B][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/100-Mister-B-s-PDF-Repository-of-M-amp-M-Stuff?p=909&viewfull=1#post909"]My M&M Thead[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I've passed on my submission for the Dragon Age / AGE tryouts. I'm looking forward to what comes of it.

Comment

I just finished putting my guy into the template that was given to me, I am having a friend look it over. I am kinda nervous about it and whether I followed the template correctly.
          [URL="http://crinos.dreamwidth.org/"]Urge to Stat Rising[/URL]: My blog where I post write ups for monsters for the Pathfinder system.

Comment

Hey, I have a question, do you want us to create a character for the short form stablock, or if we made one using the normal stablock can we just skip that part? Because I wrote up a character with minion, and I want to know if you need me to use the short form statblock for anything.

Comment

So is there going to be another announcement for this or would we have already heard back if you liked our monster?

Comment

I know everyone is eager to hear something but considering how many submissions the fellas all got for their various lines, I imagine it's going to take them a while to get through everything.
                Sister Garrote of Warm Humanitarianism -- The Mean Ronin
                www.greenronin.com
                www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
                nicole@greenronin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nikchick View Post
                  I know everyone is eager to hear something but considering how many submissions the fellas all got for their various lines, I imagine it's going to take them a while to get through everything.
                  Maybe, but there's only 1 I'm interested in!

Comment

Are the tryouts truly over? Is there any way to send in a submission still? I've been away from the forums for a long while. This is my first time back since earlier this year, and I didn't even know until now that the Atomic Think Tank had been shut down.
                    Discussion on A.I. rules, [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6301-quot-HOW-TO-quot-sexy-A-I-s-in-your-suit]"HOW TO", sexy A.I.s in your suit?[/url]
                    Up-and-coming [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6277-IM-M1MkI-changes-M1MkII-M1MkIII]Iron Man Armory[/url]
                    Me: "We have NO TIME for TIME!", punchline to the greatest, most awesome joke I ever told, and I can't remember the rest of the joke :(
                    "Variety is the spice of life" -Traditional phrase on life and living
                    "HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!" -Paul Atreides from Dune
                    "Big things have small beginnings" -David from Prometheus

Comment

Originally posted by Nikchick View Post
                      Thanks for the update - Are we talking weeks or months here?

Comment

When we should expect answers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady of payne View Post
                          When we should expect answers?
                          I noticed a designer mentioning going through submissions the other day on Social Media, so I imagine they're very busy with a lot of stuff that has priority, and get around to these when they have spare work-hours available, and they'll be "done when they're done".

An ETA would be nice, but I get the feeling that's unrealistic, or prone to disappointing if it goes past.

Comment

So..... is anything happening with this? I don't want to seem pushy, but its been months now and there doesn't seem to be any word on this whatsoever.

Comment

The Dragon Age developer mentioned one freelancer already chosen, and more to receive emails in January. But that's Dragon Age only, the other systems could be on a completely different timeline.

Comment

Working...
                              X