Roninarmy.com access issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roninarmy.com access issues?

I can log in, but when I open a forum, the login is lost, so I can't, for example, open a thread. Then I open another thread, and the login is back. When I replied to a thread, the login seems to remain stable.

Comment

I am experiencing this issue: I can't access roninarmy.com / mutantsandmasterminds.com / greenronin.com
      But I can access greenroninstore.com

The only way I can access the websites is through my data plan on my cellphone or vpns. The websites always "times out".
      I tried on another computer, it seems my french router is the cause? It's the only internet websites I can't access

Comment

Update! Now I can log in normally. I didn't do anything different. YAY!

Comment

So, both Kruezritter and SilvercatMoonpaw are having issues, though separate ones.

Kruez is having the issues he's had that seems related to the first page bug that keep him from logging in, he sent me a message on it:

Originally posted by kruez
          I have been unable to access Roninarmy since November 23, 12:57 EST. admin help will be much appreciated, if you can get it (last time I tried PM'ing an admin who was looking into this, their inbox was full)

if they need particulars, I was editing a post in the Adventures Assemble OOC thread when I caught the front page bug twice in a row, then boom, SNR bug
          Silvercat's however is weirder. They seem to be entirely unable to view the site at all. On home and work computers, as well as phone. They're trying to get help on RPG.net with it here for reference of what they've tried.

If more info is needed I can try and act as a go between for them as I've got contact with them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
            So, both Kruezritter and SilvercatMoonpaw are having issues, though separate ones.

Kruez is having the issues he's had that seems related to the first page bug that keep him from logging in, he sent me a message on it:

Silvercat's however is weirder. They seem to be entirely unable to view the site at all. On home and work computers, as well as phone. They're trying to get help on RPG.net with it here for reference of what they've tried.

If more info is needed I can try and act as a go between for them as I've got contact with them there.
            posting from offsite again, to clarify that from the sounds of things, we both suffered under the same problem. while experiencing what i call the SNR bug, i too am unable to view the forum or the GR home pages.

I miss the old think tank. Spam we could handle. these bugs are becoming intolerable

Comment

Sent a message to the IT department.
              ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Have all the usual steps been tried?

1 ) clear your browser cache.
                2 ) update your DNS

Comment

We turned it off and on again. And made sure it's plugged in. ( And flipped some settings behind the scenes. )

Comment

As one of the people affected I appear to be back in working order.

However I'm still getting that thing where pages don't automatically update to their most current form and I need to instead hit Refresh.

Comment

Kruez is still having access issues, and since I don't know if their last post reflects what they said on RPG.net, silvercat noted:

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
                      Worked for a few minutes recently. Enough to make a small post. But now it's only letting me see the few pages I accessed during that time.

Comment

I'm back. by my calculations, the Error lasted exactly one week before correcting itself

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                          I'm back. by my calculations, the Error lasted exactly one week before correcting itself
                          We're currently planning on taking the forums down for an update around the holidays. Hopefully that will help. We remain unable to reproduce the error ourselves. We don't doubt that the error is affecting people, we just wish we had a way to reproduce it, so we could directly troubleshoot it.

The latest update is a substantial one.

Comment

Sending a PM on this, but dropping this here too just in case, SilvercatMoonpaw is still having access issues.

This is what they told me:

I can't access their main publishing site nor roninarmy.com (weirdly I can access their online store just fine). The sites just do not show up at all.

If I run a Ping test it comes back 100% data lost.

If I run a Traceroute this is the last entry I get: lw-dc3-dist15-po5.rtr.liquidweb.com (69.167.128.201)

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                              Sending a PM on this, but dropping this here too just in case, SilvercatMoonpaw is still having access issues.

This is what they told me:
                              I've forwarded your PM to our IT department. Please read my post right above yours. We don't know what's causing the problems, we're investigating, and we're planning on a forum software update around the holidays.

Comment

So I finally appear to be back today. As far as I can tell the problem was every time I got back I tried re-posting the same message, which contained a word that another poster has put forth that the Roninarmy boards do not like.

That word is "se/lec/tive" without the slashes.

Comment

Working...
                                X