Roninarmy.com access issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roninarmy.com access issues?

I have been having roughly the same issue. I can access via phone, but not from home or a friend's house (regardless of machine or browser). I tried to access on my laptop via hot spotting through the phone, which worked until I tried to post, then not even the phone could access the site for a day. This trouble doesn't include the store.

Related. I have been having trouble replying to my thread on the Story Hour subforum, the "submit button" taking me to the forum list instead of posting. That was what triggered the inability to access the site on the phone for a day.

Comment

One of my players is also having issue accessing the forums recently, can't get it to load at all and sent me a pm offsite regarding it.
      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

It's been this way for a week or so. I am apparently able to access and post from the phone, unless it's the Story Hour subforum

Comment

Originally posted by virgileso View Post
          It's been this way for a week or so. I am apparently able to access and post from the phone, unless it's the Story Hour subforum
          That is weird. Have you tried other browsers on your machine? Or other computers on your network?
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
          [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Yes and yes. I have even tried other networks

Comment

I'm really not sure what to say. We can't reproduce your issues, ( and we are scattered across the US ) and we've bumped up the server hardware and bandwidth as much as we're comfortable doing.

You've tried clearing your cache, and updating your DNS?
              ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

I have now, and I am getting the same ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT response.

Comment

Well, that's weird. I can log onto the site now - currently on my home laptop. Still can't get a post to stick on my thread in Story Hour, but obviously I can post elsewhere. So I consider this forward progress

Comment

Well, that was short-lived. I attempted to post on my thread, and so it took me directly to the main forum instead of posting. When I tried a second time, I lost the ability to access the site entirely in the same manner as before. I am currently at another person's place, using their network, to post this. If I regain access to these sites again in a regular manner, I don't think it will matter, because obviously circumstances are conspiring against me from ever participating in these forums.

Comment

unfortunately, the front page/timeouts result from something you're typing into your posts. from my own experience in the Roll Call, this is often from using the "selective" extra, but the other long time was from "Ohio". my solution has been to break up the words by sticking forum tags in them

so, Virgileso, my advice to would be to rewrite your post, making sure you see the auto-save notice

Comment

"Selective", I could see, "SELECT" being a SQL DB command, but OHIO?
                        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
                          "Selective", I could see, "SELECT" being a SQL DB command, but OHIO?
                          it was the only consistent word I used throughout my failed attempts at summarizing Phenom's backstory when I converted her over from 2E

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                            unfortunately, the front page/timeouts result from something you're typing into your posts. from my own experience in the Roll Call, this is often from using the "selective" extra, but the other long time was from "Ohio". my solution has been to break up the words by sticking forum tags in them
                            so, Virgileso, my advice to would be to rewrite your post, making sure you see the auto-save notice
                            This issue seems to have just naturally resolved for me as well. It has been four days of not being able to access the forum or the main green ronin site. Incidentally it started when i was previewing a response to a private message. I have had quite a few problems with posting content but I thought it was because I write a lot of math equations and figured that the symbols get parsed wrong.
                            [URL="http://herdingdice.tumblr.com/"]Herding Dice[/URL] - A tumblr where I put things about Adventure Game Engine design.

Comment

"from her fanny pack"

When I try to add those words to my thread, I lose the ability to access the site from my IP for about a week. I obviously can post that here without issue, so I'm just plain confused.

Comment

Originally posted by virgileso View Post
                                "from her fanny pack"

When I try to add those words to my thread, I lose the ability to access the site from my IP for about a week. I obviously can post that here without issue, so I'm just plain confused.
                                Hmmmm. Perhaps the Spam-O-Matic is British?
                                ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

Working...
                                X