Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is still here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Who is still here?

    I'm still here. I just haven't had a lot to say.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Who is still here?

      Still operating the writeups.org thread in Roll Call, though the amazingly low ratio between stuff posted and comments occasionally makes me wonder why I bother.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Who is still here?

        I'm still part of the scene here, though a bit more focused on some pressing real world matters, unfortunately.

        Still sad about how the community went through a serious fracturing. Hope I'm welcome to maintain my presence in both camps.

        All my best.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Who is still here?

          I'm here.

          You guys made me become an author.
          [b]The United Federation of Charles[/b]: [url]http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/[/url]
          [b]Twitter[/b]: Charles Phipps@Willowhugger

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Who is still here?

            Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
            It's a sobering thing, knowing that a friend has left and will not come back.

            Due to last month's... unpleasantness, that decision was made by a good number of our fellows, whom I will not name, but wish them luck all the same.

            But a forum lives and breathes on its community. without community, a board dries up and is shut down, regardless of the politics

            So, as said. I'm still here. for all I know, I'm the last of the board 'celebrities' who has not travelled on, and I intend to stay until shutdown

            Who else is here, and ready to help rebuild the community as we approach 2017?

            I am still here, the only french fan of M&M of this forum ^^

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Who is still here?

              I`m here, and split as well.

              Regardless of location, its a pleasure to "know" you all.
              [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

              [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Who is still here?

                Originally posted by ciryon03 View Post
                I am still here, the only french fan of M&M of this forum ^^
                Ou pas.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Who is still here?

                  Originally posted by ciryon03 View Post
                  I am still here, the only french fan of M&M of this forum ^^
                  Pas trop sur, mon ami... Attends, tu-as dit francais... Je suis du Quebec. Ca compte a peine.

                  I'm French-Canadian (originally, considered Anglophone these days...) But since you did specify french fan, I guess I barely count...

                  Pas trop sūr
                  [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

                  [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
                  [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

                  [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
                  [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Who is still here?

                    I've always been a lurker and I am not certain I even have a right to know what happened to cause an exodus from the board, but... what happened?

                    --GMCiaramella

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Who is still here?

                      Originally posted by GMCiaramella View Post
                      I've always been a lurker and I am not certain I even have a right to know what happened to cause an exodus from the board, but... what happened?

                      --GMCiaramella
                      Only a few people know all of the details (posts were deleted and altered shortly afterwards), but the short version of it was that someone mentioned a group on the internet with less than stellar social justice qualifications in a way that painted them as less than complete villains. Someone else took offense at that, a mod stepped in and said that nothing more could be said, a post came in right after that (with the timing such that they may not have known that they were being told to say nothing more) and they were banned. An end to the boards was threatened, some people left in solidarity, and others drifted away assuming that the board would be going away.

                      Honestly, it largely seemed a matter of a few people having a bad day and it all snowballing.
                      Last edited by FuzzyBoots; 12-20-2016, 08:36 AM.
                      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

                      [b]Current games:[/b]
                      [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Who is still here?

                        Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
                        Honestly, only a few people know all of the details, but the short version of it was that someone mentioned a group on the internet with less than stellar social justice qualifications in a way that painted them as less than complete villains. Someone else took offense at that, a mod stepped in and said that nothing more could be said, a post came in right after that (with the timing such that they may not have known that they were being told to say nothing more) and they were banned. An end to the boards was threatened, some people left in solidarity, and others drifted away assuming that the board would be going away.

                        Honestly, it largely seemed a matter of a few people having a bad day and it all snowballing.
                        so let me see if i got this down right:somebody tried to play "Devil's Advocate" for the wrong group at the wrong time to the wrong person,somebody else got a bad case of the "political Corect-ness"(i know that's not a real word,but that's what i call it...)and dropped a "Grudge Monkey" post,a Mod came in to try&stop it but apparently someone forgot to check recent postings& got banned for a("Parden my French"-Earl Gummer,Tremors) Fuck-up,THEN(to throw a Grenade into a Bonfire)a good chunk of use ditched in a Hurt Voice....

                        I miss our good friend Common Sense right now,don't you?
                        Originally posted by Bladewind
                        Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Who is still here?

                          Originally posted by MacynSnow View Post
                          so let me see if i got this down right:somebody tried to play "Devil's Advocate" for the wrong group at the wrong time to the wrong person,somebody else got a bad case of the "political Corect-ness"(i know that's not a real word,but that's what i call it...)and dropped a "Grudge Monkey" post,a Mod came in to try&stop it but apparently someone forgot to check recent postings& got banned for a("Parden my French"-Earl Gummer,Tremors) Fuck-up,THEN(to throw a Grenade into a Bonfire)a good chunk of use ditched in a Hurt Voice....
                          If your goal is not to help, you are being successful.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Who is still here?

                            Originally posted by Ghostwise View Post
                            If your goal is not to help, you are being successful.
                            I'm just trying to get this all straight and meant no offense(My attempt at light humor may have been ill-timed...).
                            Originally posted by Bladewind
                            Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Who is still here?

                              I believe further on-board discussion is not going to be particularly positive.

                              I was in no way part of the very regrettable incident, but was privy to most of the details. This really was a case of "snowballing" and mostly avoidable errors which resulted in fracturing the community.

                              There really is little to be gained from saying more in the forums besides stirring matters up.

                              All my best.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Who is still here?

                                Originally posted by greycrusader View Post
                                I believe further on-board discussion is not going to be particularly positive.

                                I was in no way part of the very regrettable incident, but was privy to most of the details. This really was a case of "snowballing" and mostly avoidable errors which resulted in fracturing the community.

                                There really is little to be gained from saying more in the forums besides stirring matters up.

                                All my best.
                                you raise a valid point.so my question is this:Has anyone "Taken stock"(so to speak) of what's left of this ounce great community?

                                and thank you,that was very nice...
                                Originally posted by Bladewind
                                Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X