This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Please Preserve This thread

I also worry whether Green Ronin will lose out on some revenue from the boards, whether it's announcing new products or simply providing a place for people to get together and play.

And now I'm feeling bad for kvetching about 3E as often as I did...
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

I agree that archiving the forum would be an excellent idea.

I, and many of my friends, get a lot of mileage out of the Roll Call forum in particular. I have been able to get mates to buy the game based on the wealth of character write ups available alone.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
        I also worry whether Green Ronin will lose out on some revenue from the boards, whether it's announcing new products or simply providing a place for people to get together and play.

And now I'm feeling bad for kvetching about 3E as often as I did...
        Don't feel so bad. The boards don't actually affect our revenue at all. They're a 100% cost center. Not that this is bad, but it's just that not having a forum won't affect biz. That said, if we could come up with a brand new solution, while saving all the good stuff, it might be a value add for current customers.

IMHO, it's great for folks to tell us WHY they love the forums and what value it brings to all y'all, over the business reasons to not have them. If we could work with the community to clean them up all over, would it be a worthwhile investment for not just us but for all y'all?

Many things to discuss here with Team Ronin.
        Donna "Danicia" Prior
        Events & Volunteer Herder, Green Ronin
        http://about.me/Danicia

Comment

I come to the forums because I love superheroes. Roll Call is awesome, as is the Settings forum. So much creativity---waking up every morning and seeing what a guy like Jab weaves out is like opening a Christmas present. I really don't like the idea of the actions of a few being levied against everybody. To lose the raw amount of creativity on these boards would be not very cool!
          The Architecturae: coming soon.|\__/|The Forever Tree:|\__/|The Forever Tree (the multiverse).\__/The Forever Tree (Earth-G).\__/Forever Tree NPCs.|\__/|The Multi-Faceted Gem: coming soon.|\__/|World-And-Maze:\__/World-and-Maze (the multiverse).

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

Comment

I started coming to the forums because I was trying to learn how to play the game. I had an idea from reading the books, but a lot of the finer points were lost on me and having the resource was extremely helpful in getting me to where I am now.
            As with most RPGs the first couple of characters are the hardest, and then I just got distracted by the builds that were being made by everybody and eventually the games when that thread was open.

If nothing else can be saved, could we please save White Howler's thread from the Atomic Think Tank? It's somewhat a memorial and I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people if it stayed up. We lost one of our own, but they're not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Danicia View Post
              Don't feel so bad. The boards don't actually affect our revenue at all. They're a 100% cost center. Not that this is bad, but it's just that not having a forum won't affect biz. That said, if we could come up with a brand new solution, while saving all the good stuff, it might be a value add for current customers.

IMHO, it's great for folks to tell us WHY they love the forums and what value it brings to all y'all, over the business reasons to not have them. If we could work with the community to clean them up all over, would it be a worthwhile investment for not just us but for all y'all?

Thanks again, Danica. I have found a community where I can share ideas, interact with like minded people who love the Mutants & Masterminds system, and actually keep myself more emotionally stable. Myself and I'm sure many others would say that working with the community to clean up the forums all over would be a worthwhile investment for all of us as well. I know I have around 12 years in this community and I would love to see it cleaned up and saved from being shut down. Just tell us what we can do to help and we will do it.

Comment

I have gaming fun, a community, and awesome creativity, humor and enjoyment here. I understand the pressure these no-goodniks place on the administrative staff, but I would be saddened if these few trolls ruined it for the majority of us.

I admit to knowing no sure-fire solution to clean up the community, but surely it can and will be done.
                Last edited by Enigmatic One; 3rd November 2016, 08:27 PM.
                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                Extreme Unction

Comment

For why I love the forums - The number of times I've actually managed to play M&M can probably be counted on one hand. And I'm talking single sessions, not even campaigns. BUT, I've been buying the products for years now, because of the forums. I see so much potential, enough to keep me engaged and hoping that I'll either get a workable group in real life, or get into one of the high quality games people run on the forums here. The setting threads in particular made me really want to stick around, and maybe eventually translate ideas into an actual game.

Comment

To add to the list of things which I think should be preserved/archived, I think the Fantasy AGE/Titansgrave forum should be. The posters in there have come up with a lot of interesting ideas and variations on the new system in a sort amount of time and it would be horrible to lose all that after the work they have put in.

Comment

I love these forums because they honestly reinvigorated my passion for writing. I've had ideas for stories and characters bouncing around in my head since I went to Primary School (I believe you yanks would call it Elementary School ) that I have always wanted to write. I was always afraid that I'd never get to though, until I discovered M&M and these very forums. These forums allowed me to put my stories and characters in words, and gave me new ideas that I would love to use. It also didn't hurt that most people here were extremely nice, and helped a total noob find his way around the game system.

I know I wouldn't mind doing everything in my power to keep these forums a friendly, safe place for everyone in the event that you guys do decide to keep it going.

Comment

for many folks, the forums ARE the site, only learning of the cool stuff GR has coming down the pipe or has put up because it was mentioned here.

it's certainly that way in mine. the retailer for my FLGS doesn't list anything by GR in their catalogue, and these forums are the only place I know for good gaming, with many friends here I would not have made otherwise.

hell, when I posted the topic over on RPG.net to let folks know about this, someone there commented that we'd been an even more welcoming and positive forum, without for the need for RPG.net's level of moderation

this week has been a dumpster fire, no question. but while this is nikchik's house, so many of us call it home. could we move on and start our own forums, but we'd lose such a wonderful technicolor rainbow of a community that made this forum so much more than a mere message board, the kind of loss that would hang interminably.

throughout the internet, the actions of a few have proven time and again why we cannot have nice things.

if the forums continue in whatever fashion, let the rest of us bear the responsibility of proving why we can have nice things

Comment

I have absolutely no idea why this is all happening.

But yeah: Roll Call, Mutants&Masterminds Settings, M&M Game Room. Those are the ones I know about.

Though quite probably you'd find enough people who'd want to preserve the whole thing. At least for a few months or so that's probably a good idea, give people time to archive stuff on their own, then later it can be pruned back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                            I definitely don't want to lose the game room. archiving the good threads from that to one's pc is a task for some digital hercules
                            Well, as the Crinoverse means a lot to me, I'm gonna try and spend a few hours this weekend (as it didn't sound like this was an immediate thing), saving the setting threads and, hopefully, most of the main story IC game threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Danicia View Post

I'm only here intermittently but the forums mean a lot to me. I've been an M&M fan since first edition, and the Atomic Think Tank has been the place to go for character builds, discussion about the game, and just a general sense of community. It's usually where I hear about new M&M books, where there are discussions of other things of value (superhero novels, comic books, movies, tv shows). It's generally my favorite place to at least lurk if not post. Even something as simple as "I need help designing a power that does X" receives helpful answers fairly quickly.

I feel like the community that has grown in this forum has largely been a constructive, positive thing, and I am not sure where such could be found when the forum is taken down. Specifically for M&M I mean, in my case. Hopefully someone will create a spiritual successor. But I still hope there's a chance for the forum to stick around.

Comment

Can I add another plea to all those hoping that this forum can possibly be saved? As a non-American this was how I first found out about M&M and is still the best way for many of us overseas to find out what is happening and to gain support and encouragement to give the system a try - Green Ronin doesn't have a big profile as a games provider over here in the UK so having such an enthusiastic and for the most part supportive community has gone a long way to helping people like myself to give M&M a try rather than just stick with the better known games systems.

If it does go then can I possibly ask that the general discussion thread (full of wonderful advice and ideas for those just starting out) and roll call are retained? Can I also add my thanks for setting up the forum as without it I doubt I or my players would ever have heard about never mind played M&M.

Comment

Working...
                                X