This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Please Preserve This thread

in response to The word of Nikchik (no, seriously READ THIS NOW!), Roninarmy will probably not be continuing in its current form.

this is not a thread for assigning blame, nor is this even the time.

this is the time to plead the case for what is to be spared, saved or otherwise backed up.

Re: The Please Preserve This thread

I would humbly request that out of everything on the boards, can we at least get an archive of the Mutants & Masterminds Settings threads, Roll Call threads, and M&M Game Room, minus any post not on topic or which doesn't have builds, about a setting, or not part of a game. I would hate to see all the good things this community created lost. I've always avoided reading the political, etc. threads and posts, so I never realized how bad things were getting. Due to this these forums felt like a community to me, an anchor and place of safety. I hate see it lost like this. Just wished to let you know that.

Comment

also, a very important question: will nikchk's decision affect the old Atomic Think Tank archive?

Comment

I hope not, I would hate any the builds there by those who are gone to be lost. Including White Howler/Beth Holt's stuff.

Comment

I would like to second Kreuzritter's request of the back-up of those boards, particularly Roll Call, which has a lot of great work done on it. Going back and reading old commentary was always tremendous fun.
          Jabroniville at Hotmail dot com
          [url]http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php[/url]

Comment

I definitely don't want to lose the game room. archiving the good threads from that to one's pc is a task for some digital hercules

Comment

I'd also like to ask that the Game Room be archived or preserved in some manner. If the boards are going to be shut down, then I think many of us would like the games we played here to be readable somewhere. I know I'd certainly like to look back at my first forays into GM'ing and see what I did right and what I could learn from.

Comment

Echoing the request that Roll Call (and the old Atomic Think Tank's Roll Call) be preserved. These are valuable resources to old and new GMs alike that illustrate how the Mutants & Masterminds system can be used to best effect.

Fantasy Geographic Society My Mutants & Masterminds stuff

Comment

ill also echo the request for the Game room and rolecall and the setting threads to be saved a lot of work went into those.
                  Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

.....please preserve my various Forever Tree threads. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks kindly.
                    The Architecturae: coming soon.|\__/|The Forever Tree:|\__/|The Forever Tree (the multiverse).\__/The Forever Tree (Earth-G).\__/Forever Tree NPCs.|\__/|The Multi-Faceted Gem: coming soon.|\__/|World-And-Maze:\__/World-and-Maze (the multiverse).

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

Comment

Questions:
                      Is it possible to preserve/lock the entire game room and Roll Call? If not should we be listing individual threads? Do we need to add in links?
                      If it is not possible for it to be preserved indefinitely would it be possible to have them still available for a few months after the lock down?
                      I've been in games for probably close to ten years on these Forums, some of the best times and most fun I've ever had with a group of amazing people, creating some of the best and most heartfelt stories.
                      It's been a privilege to be a part of it, and I would love any chance to preserve it, even if it means I'll be spending my off time copying and pasting as fast as I can.

If I may make some, hopefully, compelling reasons for saving some of the boards in an archive form:

The Rules threads are very useful for new players who have questions, keeping them available, even if they can't add new ones, will help them learn an understand the game.
                      The Roll Call thread is also a very useful tool for new players who want to see how characters were built to try to reverse engineer them, or just add prebuilt characters to their own games that haven't been previously put together in a M&M book.
                      GM's Eyes only could be very helpful to any new game master who's trying to run a game.
                      Those three threads can do a lot of help for new customers trying to break into the games, and will help those who buy your books.

I am extremely biased, but I also believe that leaving the game rooms around can also help people as they will get to see these games being played, how the GM works, how the players respond, which can be extremely helpful for people learning the system. There are literally thousands of step by step combat and role play encounters for them to look through to help them understand and get new ideas.
                      And possibly even to help them create their own games and characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
                        Questions:
                        Is it possible to preserve/lock the entire game room and Roll Call? If not should we be listing individual threads? Do we need to add in links?
                        If it is not possible for it to be preserved indefinitely would it be possible to have them still available for a few months after the lock down?
                        I've been in games for probably close to ten years on these Forums, some of the best times and most fun I've ever had with a group of amazing people, creating some of the best and most heartfelt stories.
                        It's been a privilege to be a part of it, and I would love any chance to preserve it, even if it means I'll be spending my off time copying and pasting as fast as I can.
                        Howdy,

We'll have more information later this week-ish or so once we've made a final decision. We're having a wine & ops meeting on Friday night, so we'll outline exactly what we'll be doing. With the ATT forums being around a super long time, with TONS of great information, RP, and whatnot, is why this has been a big discussion internally versus just blowing them up and closing them down.

There are heaps of things we can do and your feedback and input is being heard and discussed.

As an aside, props for keeping all this positive and heartfelt. <3
                        Donna "Danicia" Prior
                        Events & Volunteer Herder, Green Ronin
                        http://about.me/Danicia

Comment

Originally posted by Danicia View Post
                          Howdy,

We'll have more information later this week-ish or so once we've made a final decision. We're having a wine & ops meeting on Friday night, so we'll outline exactly what we'll be doing. With the ATT forums being around a super long time, with TONS of great information, RP, and whatnot, is why this has been a big discussion internally versus just blowing them up and closing them down.

There are heaps of things we can do and your feedback and input is being heard and discussed.

As an aside, props for keeping all this positive and heartfelt. <3
                          thank you very much. just the suggested possibility that the boards will be up and archived is still on the proverbial table is a godsend for those of us too old or busy to save every single page...

Comment

Thank you for that information, Danica. I've been stressed out and worried since this whole thing started Monday night to the point of losing sleep. I love these forums and wish we could simply remove any kind of arguing, etc. which disrupts the peace. A lively debate is one thing, arguing and trollish behavior is another. I've always tried to be helpful to Green Ronin in a small way, going through any new releases and finding any errata to post on the forums simply because I love the work you guys do and the books you create. I wish I could continue to do so and that the forums won't go away, I know that decision is up to you guys and hope for the best.

Comment

I'd certainly want to make sure Steve's old Official Answers forum was still accessible somewhere; even if he hasn't been doing them for years now, they're a valuable document for the evolution of his thought during development of M&M 2e that are still useful in discussion of 3e.

Comment

Working...
                              X