Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Re: BBCode Signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BBCode Signatures

Heyo! Question for the mods/operators: can a body arrange to have a BBCode-based image signature here on the Forums? I'm happy to be able to add a custom avatar for myself as it is, but I'd enjoy using a larger edit or modification of the picture I drew (and that it was based on) as a signature. (I use Imgur as a hoster for such things.)

This is the image I'm planning on using, and at no bigger a resolution if I modify it visually:

I probably would've posted the big huge original (at a reasonable size for the Forums, of course) in an Art thread otherwise, but I wanted to cue up the signature 'version' since it's what I'm asking about. Please post me back when you've a moment!

-Frostbite.
    http://i.imgur.com/C3MrWt7.jpg

Originally posted by Frostbite View Post
    Heyo! Question for the mods/operators: can a body arrange to have a BBCode-based image signature here on the Forums? I'm happy to be able to add a custom avatar for myself as it is, but I'd enjoy using a larger edit or modification of the picture I drew (and that it was based on) as a signature. (I use Imgur as a hoster for such things.)

This is the image I'm planning on using, and at no bigger a resolution if I modify it visually:

I probably would've posted the big huge original (at a reasonable size for the Forums, of course) in an Art thread otherwise, but I wanted to cue up the signature 'version' since it's what I'm asking about. Please post me back when you've a moment!

-Frostbite.
    That picture's massive. And including your text signature it's bigger than everything you wrote and would mean I and everyone else would need to scroll a ton more if everyone had one.

Every design bone in me screams "Please no."

Comment

Originally posted by OzMills View Post
      That picture's massive. And including your text signature it's bigger than everything you wrote and would mean I and everyone else would need to scroll a ton more if everyone had one.

Every design bone in me screams "Please no."
      OzMills;

I tried to limit the drawing to equal to or less than 200p high and 600p wide, but if it would make your or other user's experiences enjoying the RA forums a trial, I won't ask about including it again. For what it's worth, sites that I'm on that do permit custom image sigs seem to be more comfortable with sigpics of this size, but if it's frowned upon here then I'm pleased to follow the rules.

I did have one other question: I don't have a lot of superhero pics (or specifically superhero pics) drawn (other than the large chap above in the original picture) but I was interested in starting a thread for my work in the Art subforum. Is it meant more for M&M and superhero pics to the exclusion of all else?

Thanks again for posting back and for being kind- and realistic- in your response, OzM.

-Frostbite.

Comment

As long as your art is somehow game-related (fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, alternate historical, superhero, etc.) and doesn't violate any rules of the forum, I say go for it!

Originally posted by Frostbite View Post
        I did have one other question: I don't have a lot of superhero pics (or specifically superhero pics) drawn (other than the large chap above in the original picture) but I was interested in starting a thread for my work in the Art subforum. Is it meant more for M&M and superhero pics to the exclusion of all else?
        Bit Wrangler, Chief Banhammerer
        Green Ronin Publishing, LLC

https://greenronin.com/
        https://greenroninstore.com/
        https://roninarmy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SassyRonin View Post
          As long as your art is somehow game-related (fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, alternate historical, superhero, etc.) and doesn't violate any rules of the forum, I say go for it!
          SassyRonin, good evening!

I think the bulk of my work fits into that category, and the majority of those mentioned are confirmable SFW ('safe for work', as in rated PG and below). I'll see about putting a thread up, then; thanks for the thumbs up and the invitation! ^_^ At the least, you'll be able to see the original picture that my aborted signature would've been made from.

Cheers, amis!

-Frostbite.

Comment

It's cool art.

Comment

Speaking of avatars, can we have something bigger than 80x80? Its a strain on the eyes at that small. Maybe double that size? Nothing outrageously huge.

Sorry for jacking your thread, Frostbite.
              Games I Play In: Miracle High, Misfits of the New World

Comment

Originally posted by OzMills View Post
                It's cool art.
                OzM; good evening!

Thanks for saying so. I suspected you meant that having a monster signature (size-wise) would be a terrible design choice, and was hoping you didn't mean my artwork. ^_^ Granted, you've probably only seen the one pic, so it's to come anyway! I appreciate your assist and the kind responses you've given.

Originally posted by Rat Girl
                Speaking of avatars, can we have something bigger than 80x80? Its a strain on the eyes at that small. Maybe double that size? Nothing outrageously huge.
                Rat Girl, good evening, and pleased to meet you!

I'd love to put a larger-resolution Avatar for Frosty with the detail present in the original pic, so without pushing too much I second the motion. ^_^ For now, Rat Girl, I hope my suggestion won't be out of place: if you're trimming down a pic the size of mine, knock down the resolution on the original pic to 256 or even 16 colours before you trim & shrink. I don't know if it's easier on the eyestrain, but it won't pixellate like doing a shrinky-dink at 16 million C. o_o

Sorry for jacking your thread, Frostbite.
                Not a problem at all. The other gaming Forum I'm on it's rare that anyone even responds to a post I make; it's a compliment to me that someone is adding to one I OP'ed. ^_^

-Frostbite.

Comment

Working...
                X