Changes on the New Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes on the New Forum

I've started to figure out some of the changes in the new thread. Figured I'd list what I've learned and let other people collect their knowledge here as well, to make the transition easier on folks.

1. If you click the number in the top right of a post, it will load that post and it's address to link to in your address bar. (At ATT you clicked the title of the post to do this)
    2. To change the size of text, you use the same BBC code of "[ Size = 1-10 (instead of 80-250) ]"
    3. Unlike ATT, you can use keyboard shortcuts to add in editing code, such as ctrl+b for bold.

Has anyone figured out the shortcut for quotes yet?
    Aside from memorizing color numbers, I'm not sure what to do about that yet. The code still works from old posts, but I don't know how to pick it from scratch. (trial and error sounds brutal)

Happy Posting!

WP
    Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
    GM - Super Framily Plan
    Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Originally posted by whiteprofit View Post
    I've started to figure out some of the changes in the new thread. Figured I'd list what I've learned and let other people collect their knowledge here as well, to make the transition easier on folks.

1. If you click the number in the top right of a post, it will load that post and it's address to link to in your address bar. (At ATT you clicked the title of the post to do this)
    2. To change the size of text, you use the same BBC code of "[ Size = 1-10 (instead of 80-250) ]"
    3. Unlike ATT, you can use keyboard shortcuts to add in editing code, such as ctrl+b for bold.

Has anyone figured out the shortcut for quotes yet?
    Aside from memorizing color numbers, I'm not sure what to do about that yet. The code still works from old posts, but I don't know how to pick it from scratch. (trial and error sounds brutal)

Happy Posting!

WP
    I just clicked the "Reply with Quote" option at the bottom right of your post.

It used the [ with QUOTE=username;{some number} and a ] so I assume thats the way it works here now.

Also, change your editor mode - I have a button in the top right corner of my editing window that says "Quote" and it lets me turn a block of text into a new quote.
    Character Sheet Creator v1.18 - http://roninarmy.com/threads/40-DARP...-Sheet-Creator

Comment

Oh to change your editor settings, go into your profile
      Select General Settings under the padlock symbol
      Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options
      Then change the setting under "Message Editor Interface"

The default appears to be the basic option.
      Character Sheet Creator v1.18 - http://roninarmy.com/threads/40-DARP...-Sheet-Creator

Comment

At the very bottom you can find a link to a list of all the BB Code and Smilies available. You can also click this link: http://roninarmy.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
        (Which should automatically become a link even if I don't write the text around it. This is a test...)
        GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Originally posted by Jekias View Post
          Oh to change your editor settings, go into your profile
          Select General Settings under the padlock symbol
          Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options
          Then change the setting under "Message Editor Interface"

The default appears to be the basic option.
          Brilliant! Great find. Editing bar now allows me to change and add all the same things ATT did.
          GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

When I tried to post a character in the roll call, it said I had exceeded the letter size for the post. You might want to remove that feature. This will become annoying once we start with story hours and games. It's already a hindrance with character threads. 1000 characters limit is far to little for the stuff we post here.
            Last edited by kirinke; 04-30-2014, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I've got an avatar assigned in my settings, but it doesn't seem to be appearing with my posts. What's up with that?
              "I've got 80 pounds of face-breakin' spectral muscle standin' between you and the rest of your life, not to mention there's an irate magical girl outside likely t'be half as merciful with you as I'm not gonna be. So! I need you to hurry up n' choose before I acquaint you with your internal anatomy: are we gonna do this the easy way, or the I KILL YOU way?" Ed, Paranatural

Comment

I'm having an issue where any time I try to post or preview in my roll call thread, it boots me back to the main forum. Anyone else having that issue?

Comment

I'm guessing the limit is meant to help prevent spammers. I know the Admins said that was a big reason for the change. There's also a gen character minimum for posts now as well, likely for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by hidajiremi View Post
                    I've got an avatar assigned in my settings, but it doesn't seem to be appearing with my posts. What's up with that?
                    Not sure. mines not showing either.
                    GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Originally posted by The_Watchman View Post
                      I'm having an issue where any time I try to post or preview in my roll call thread, it boots me back to the main forum. Anyone else having that issue?
                      Haven't had that issue, myself. Is it the character thing? Are your posts too big?
                      GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Originally posted by imported_kirinke View Post
                        might want to remove that feature.
                        I'm not an admin, just trying to help people transition.
                        GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Originally posted by The_Watchman View Post
                          Me too. I've posted a few things in my Roll Call and at this point I'm having the same issue.

Comment

Re: Changes on the New Forum

Yesterday I saw a widget at the bottom of the forum telling us how many spammer account registrations had been blocked. I thought THAT was a cool feature. Can't find it any more. (Or were all the migrated users that were having problems getting counted....?)
                            Apprentice Mastermind:
                            Assorted Builds: https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMast...iscreants.html

Comment

Re: Changes on the New Forum

Originally posted by hidajiremi View Post
                              There seems to be two things under settings, Edit Profile Picture and Edit Avatar. I can set a profile picture, but under Edit Avatar, there's a radio button with only one option "Do not use an avatar."
                              Apprentice Mastermind:
                              Assorted Builds: https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMast...iscreants.html

Comment

Working...
                              X