Card Game Kickstarter, Happening Now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Love 2 Hate] Card Game Kickstarter, Happening Now

We've been excitedly playtesting and demoing the promo version of this game since the 2013 Green Ronin Summit and we're finally ready to announce the launch of the Kickstarter to fund this party game and its expansions. Pleas check out the Kickstarter page for more info.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...opriate-people
    Sister Garrote of Warm Humanitarianism -- The Mean Ronin
    www.greenronin.com
    www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
    nicole@greenronin.com

Re: Card Game Kickstarter, Happening Now

I fully endorse this product and/or service :P

Comment

>.>

<.<

Cards Against Humanity?

Comment

Originally posted by Moira View Post
        >.>

<.<

Cards Against Humanity?
        Hi Moira

There are many games out there which have a similar theme or mechanic to them. I personally feel that Love 2 Hate doesn't play, flow or feel like Cards Against Humanity - those who have playtested it have supported this view (It was playtested in Ireland and the US, mostly for the last 2 years). There are obvious similarities in that it is sentence finishing game, but I see it more as a halfway house between games like Apples to Apples and not quite reaching the shock (?) value of CAH - though that would be entirely dependant on the players!!

What I do know is that people seem to enjoy it and that I have fun playing it, so a fun game is a fun game either way

Thanks

Colm

Comment

Just to put it out there, I have nothing against Love 2 Hate for being like Cards Against Humanity. I was just taking the low-hanging fruit, as it were. I like the idea of games like this. And now that I can actually possibly contribute to the game itself, well, my fiendish heart leaps Good luck on your venture!

Comment

Originally posted by Moira View Post
            Just to put it out there, I have nothing against Love 2 Hate for being like Cards Against Humanity. I was just taking the low-hanging fruit, as it were. I like the idea of games like this. And now that I can actually possibly contribute to the game itself, well, my fiendish heart leaps Good luck on your venture!
            Thanks for your comment Moira! No problem at all - you're not the first to draw such a similarity And fruit is good for you! Thanks for the good luck wishes and I look forward to your fiendish input!

Comment

I'm intrigued. I definitely see the similarities between this and Apples 2 Apples, CAH, and Say Anything, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Those are great games! My concern is the number of cards: A2A comes with 1k right out of the box, and CAH has a ton, too. With just a few hundred cards planned, I don't know if this has the shelf life of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
                I'm intrigued. I definitely see the similarities between this and Apples 2 Apples, CAH, and Say Anything, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Those are great games! My concern is the number of cards: A2A comes with 1k right out of the box, and CAH has a ton, too. With just a few hundred cards planned, I don't know if this has the shelf life of the others.
                Hi Shonuff!

The original box set of Apples 2 Apples had 432 cards (108 green and 324 red - card print sheets run at 108 per sheet usually) and seemed to have good playability. This number of cars is what we hope to achieve if (when) we hit our stretch goals! As part of the playtesting, I made the same group sit for *hours* playing it (poor gamers!) a few times to check this particular issue and it seemed to work well Maybe they were just too nice... or afraid of me lol!

Anyway, if the kickstarter goes *really* well, there may even be further expansions!!
                Last edited by clundberg; 07-11-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Ok, I didn't know that. I was going off the party box, which is what I have. How many people did you playtest with at a time? When I typically play A2A or CAH, we have between 6-10 people at a time.... Which really eats up cards.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
                    Ok, I didn't know that. I was going off the party box, which is what I have. How many people did you playtest with at a time? When I typically play A2A or CAH, we have between 6-10 people at a time.... Which really eats up cards.
                    Thanks for the question shonuff. I play-tested it with groups from 3 to 10 players. You are right that 10 players can eat up the cards fast, but the hand size is only 5 (as opposed to 7, for example, in Apples to Apples) so that allows for increased longevity in larger games. Also, the love/ hate mechanic allows for increased variety where every starter can, in effect, have two lead-ins to the sentence finishers. We playtested in for over two years at cons, in groups and anywhere possible!

Cheers

Colm

Comment

I posted this over on G+ but neglected to bring it over here. Better late than never!

I've seen a few people wondering about how Green Ronin's Love 2 Hate game differs from other games on the market. I thought it might be helpful to write up a few clarifying comments.

Love 2 Hate is a party game, using the now-familiar _ + _ style of play. Apples to Apples created the format, the same way Magic: the Gathering created the Trading Card Game category.

Love 2 Hate looks to hit the middle of the road, more edgy than Apples to Apples without stepping over into the "shockingly offensive" category that Cards Against Humanity occupies. No Holocaust/genocide references, no rape/sexual abuse references, nothing that says "This game should have a trigger warning attached." (And this is not a criticism of CAH, just pointing out where Love 2 Hate sits on the scale of A2A to CAH.) The love/hate mechanic is a modest but still unique variation to the format.

Apples to Apples is carried in the mass market at prices independent game stores often can't match, Cards Against Humanity has steadfastly refused to enter the hobby game distribution market in favor of selling direct through Amazon, creating scarcity for hobby stores that want to stock the game. Love 2 Hate is a hobby store friendly game that Green Ronin will make available through hobby distribution.

You can get a feeling for the tone of the game in less than three minutes by watching the video on the Kickstarter page.
                      www.greenronin.com
                      nicole@greenronin.com

Comment

We've posted an update at the Kickstarter page wherein designer Colm Lundberg introduces himself and talks a bit about the origin of the game:

Meet the Designer!
                        www.greenronin.com
                        nicole@greenronin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nikchick View Post
                          We've posted an update at the Kickstarter page wherein designer Colm Lundberg introduces himself and talks a bit about the origin of the game:

Meet the Designer!
                          Hullo!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikchick View Post
                            We've been excitedly playtesting and demoing the promo version of this game since the 2013 Green Ronin Summit and we're finally ready to announce the launch of the Kickstarter to fund this party game and its expansions. Pleas check out the Kickstarter page for more info.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...opriate-people
                            Pls help me How to get this game to play?
                            DELETED SPAM LINK
                            Last edited by Fildrigar; 12-28-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnaAdmute View Post
                              Pls help me How to get this game to play?
                              offgamers
                              Hi again AnaAdmute

The game is due to ship in November, i think, so it should be hitting your local games store before Xmas (depending on where in the world you are). I would imagine it woudl also be avaialbe throguh the Green Ronin online store at that point too.

Thanks!

Colm

Comment

Working...
                              X