Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regarding acceleration and travel times

Whelp, Tiamat’s Wrath definitively settles this one

“The distance between Jupiter and the ring gate was vast, and the Storm was constrained by both its reaction mass and the fragility of the bodies inside her.”

p344

Comment

Originally posted by Unholyguy View Post
      Traveling between outer system planets, the relative positions of planets matter a lot but if either end point is in the inner system, doesn’t matter much

So like going from Jupiter to Saturn the relative positions matter but not if you are going from Mars to Saturn

The six month trip to Uranus was exactly my point, the math presented in the rule book absolutely does not support anything like that even with the least favorable planetary positions imaginable

Your talking 11 days according to the rules

Now if you assume a limited reaction mass it’s easy to explain

11 days?!
      To quote Aliens “You sure you’re reading it right?”
      That seems somewhat extremely optimistic, (I’m so sended my list in to Santa Claus if this is true)

Maybe the ship has “go faster strips”?

Okay I’m going to stop being sarcastic now....

Comment

Whelp, Tiamat’s Wrath definitively settles this one

“The distance between Jupiter and the ring gate was vast, and the Storm was constrained by both its reaction mass and the fragility of the bodies inside her.”

p344
        Well, that could be either say 14 au to 24 ish at worst, if the gate falls within the orbit of Uranus,

And I’m not going anywhere near your anus...

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

11 days?!
          To quote Aliens “You sure you’re reading it right?”
          That seems somewhat extremely optimistic, (I’m so sended my list in to Santa Claus if this is true)

Maybe the ship has “go faster strips”?

Okay I’m going to stop being sarcastic now....
          You can be sarcastic all you want but at a 1g constant acceleration and not worrying about reaction mass it is 292 hours from Earth to Uranus, on average. There is a table in the rules book and you can also crunch the numbers yourself if you don’t believe it or look it up online. No go-faster strips needed it’s just physics, you get around the solar system really fast at 1g and no worries about reaction mass

Comment

You can be sarcastic all you want but at a 1g constant acceleration and not worrying about reaction mass it is 292 hours from Earth to Uranus, on average. There is a table in the rules book and you can also crunch the numbers yourself if you don’t believe it or look it up online. No go-faster strips needed it’s just physics, you get around the solar system really fast at 1g and no worries about reaction mass
            Bull$hit, “Go faster strips” work!

Comment

How is damage from the various types of acceleration handled? I can't find the rules on that.

Comment

Originally posted by BytomMan View Post
                How is damage from the various types of acceleration handled? I can't find the rules on that.
                You mean, damage to crew from High-G maneuvers and such? Page 132, under High-G Maneuvers ... It's a Constitution (Stamina) test with a TN of 8+ the maneuver bonus. Failure is 1d6 penetrating damager per point of the maneuver bonus. The Juice lets a character take "fatigued" and "exhausted" conditions before having to take "injured" and "wounded" conditions.

Hope that helps (and was what you were looking for)!

Comment

Working...
                X